Singapore Expats

Lol, how to loose weight like this

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
MonkeyBanana

Lol, how to loose weight like this

Post by MonkeyBanana » Mon, 26 Apr 2021 9:21 am

I wana join this Round Singapore run, but i too fat to run woi, its damn far 1680km woiiii

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: Lol, how to loose weight like this

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 26 Apr 2021 11:00 am

What?! 1680KM doesn’t seem humanly possible. Do you mean 16.8KM? Even that seems tough to be honest.

MikeJones
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by MikeJones » Mon, 26 Apr 2021 11:42 am

It's a team event running until June, you're not expected to run it all yourself or all in one go. The OP is either a spammer or an idiot, possibly both.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 26 Apr 2021 12:33 pm

MikeJones wrote:
Mon, 26 Apr 2021 11:42 am
It's a team event running until June, you're not expected to run it all yourself or all in one go. The OP is either a spammer or an idiot, possibly both.
Quite possibly both, OP is posting from a M'sian IP address. :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 26 Apr 2021 12:42 pm

It could be done. I reckon it's about 200 km around Singapore by road. I used to ride my bicycle on half circuits of Singapore and its was sub 100 km but I didn't ride full north/south/west, only going as far south as commonwealth but fully around top of island via boon lay etc. Did full half circuits of north/south/east though. That was a few years ago when I was in my late 50's. I reckon a marathoner could pull it off in two days. If it were a relay type of affair maybe 12 to 18 hours?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

MonkeyBanana

Post by MonkeyBanana » Mon, 26 Apr 2021 1:04 pm

OP is on VPN, anyways my friend making me run wor, we got a team already so split the KM lo, but im kinda fat, so dunno can tahan anot, any more training advice? thanks

MonkeyBanana

Post by MonkeyBanana » Mon, 26 Apr 2021 1:05 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Mon, 26 Apr 2021 11:00 am
What?! 1680KM doesn’t seem humanly possible. Do you mean 16.8KM? Even that seems tough to be honest.
if got one month with team possible lo, alone confirm GG

MonkeyBanana

Post by MonkeyBanana » Mon, 26 Apr 2021 1:06 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mon, 26 Apr 2021 12:42 pm
It could be done. I reckon it's about 200 km around Singapore by road. I used to ride my bicycle on half circuits of Singapore and its was sub 100 km but I didn't ride full north/south/west, only going as far south as commonwealth but fully around top of island via boon lay etc. Did full half circuits of north/south/east though. That was a few years ago when I was in my late 50's. I reckon a marathoner could pull it off in two days. If it were a relay type of affair maybe 12 to 18 hours?
What kind of training you do? care to share?

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 26 Apr 2021 1:29 pm

Either way, seems really challenging. I feel like it would take nearly a year of training to be able to complete such an intense course.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 26 Apr 2021 1:35 pm

MonkeyBanana wrote:
Mon, 26 Apr 2021 1:04 pm
OP is on VPN, anyways my friend making me run wor, we got a team already so split the KM lo, but im kinda fat, so dunno can tahan anot, any more training advice? thanks
Try to lose fat while building up muscle. In my past I’ve found it much easier to run when I was lighter compared to when I was heavier. Try a mixture of weights and cardio- weights will do your body wonders by making you lose weight fast, and building up muscle, cardio will get you used to running long distances and help build up stamina. Of course, you will need to be eating right as well. How much longer do you have before the event?

MonkeyBanana

Post by MonkeyBanana » Mon, 26 Apr 2021 2:37 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Mon, 26 Apr 2021 1:29 pm
Either way, seems really challenging. I feel like it would take nearly a year of training to be able to complete such an intense course.
Sounds fun tho, i mean if you do it with your team, its like a team bonding session haha

MonkeyBanana

Post by MonkeyBanana » Mon, 26 Apr 2021 2:38 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Mon, 26 Apr 2021 1:35 pm
MonkeyBanana wrote:
Mon, 26 Apr 2021 1:04 pm
Try to lose fat while building up muscle. In my past I’ve found it much easier to run when I was lighter compared to when I was heavier. Try a mixture of weights and cardio- weights will do your body wonders by making you lose weight fast, and building up muscle, cardio will get you used to running long distances and help build up stamina. Of course, you will need to be eating right as well. How much longer do you have before the event?
Running starts end of this month i think, but hopefully got more team mates, then run lesser lorrr