Singapore Expats

Best Value CIS Phone Plan?

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
pleaseplease

Best Value CIS Phone Plan?

Post by pleaseplease » Fri, 23 Apr 2021 12:30 am

Hey guys,

Assuming I can claim up to $60/month for work related phone claims and I need a new device to go with that, any suggestions on the best value CIS/combo plans + device from either M1/Singtel/Starhub?

I was looking between the M1 and Singtel plans with similar inclusions, so it boils down to what device I'll be getting, and while I'm leaning towards an iPhone, it requires an added upfront payment of $400-800 depending on the model you get which is way out of my budget of $100-200.

Singtel
Plan name: XO Plus 68
Cost: $54/month
30GB + 300mins/SMS
2 year contract

M1
Plan name: MySIM70 (M1)
Cost: $63/month
35GB + 300mins + 100 SMS
2 year contract

Thanks in advance!

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Re: Best Value CIS Phone Plan?

Post by abbby » Tue, 27 Apr 2021 3:42 pm

Aside from price, go for singtel if you prefer strong receptions.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

coltjax

Post by coltjax » Sun, 25 Jul 2021 3:32 pm

Been Reading the forum lately but have not come up to a conclude which telco to choose for CIS plans.

any comments on the services they provide?

Starhub-
Singtel-
Circles-

any recommendation on the price plans?

Am a singtel user and using their spotify service.
Should i port over to other telco and sign up for spottily separately?
Learn about smarthomes - sometimes referred to as home automation or domotics, in this thorough guide to home automation of different types of smart home technology.

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Sun, 25 Jul 2021 4:31 pm

Opt for singtel if you prefer a stronger signal, I can sometimes use them in lifts and car park, whereas others i often get cut off.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 28 Jul 2021 7:05 pm

My recommendation is to purchase the phone directly from the retailer and then go for a sim-only data and minutes plan. Will save you a lot of money in the long run. Best plan providers for sim-only plans are Singtel (my personal choice), GOMO, and circles life.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 28 Jul 2021 7:06 pm

abbby wrote:
Sun, 25 Jul 2021 4:31 pm
Opt for singtel if you prefer a stronger signal, I can sometimes use them in lifts and car park, whereas others i often get cut off.
Singtel definitely has the best signal, think it’s because they have the best coverage island wide.

Sunjackal
Regular
Regular

Post by Sunjackal » Tue, 07 Sep 2021 10:39 am

I can only compare to the U.K. but the pricing here is inflated. It’s much more efficient to go for a sim only deal and purchase the device separately from what I have seen available.

I am paying $25 (+$5 for caller ID - which I find an absurd thing to additionally charge for) for 1000 minutes, 1000 sms and 90gb data with Singtel.