Singapore Expats Forum

Subsidiary in Singapore and Visa Type

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
mistermat

Subsidiary in Singapore and Visa Type

Post by mistermat » Thu, 22 Apr 2021 7:13 am

Dear Colleagues
I will set up a subsidiary of my Swiss Company in SG.
The company will provide consulting services in IT, specifically for Pharmaceutical -and Medical Device Companies.

I understand that it will be a PTE Ltd. and can be created by a lawyer or certified accountant. In the beginning I will travel between Switzerland and SG, before I will relocate to SG fully. I also understand, that to setup the company, I need a director. I would like this to be me. I am planning to have a permanent address in SG. If I am not mistaken, there are two types of Visa (which seem right for me) to make this possible:

1. Employment Pass
2. Entrepreneur Pass

Now, especially in the beginning, my full salary will be paid by my Swiss Company. I am not sure if this will exclude the possibility to apply for the Employment Pass, as there is a minimum salary requirement specified and I guess it needs to be paid through the SG company. Is that correct?

Further, based on the company details from above, do you think it is feasible to get the the Entrepreneur Pass in case the EP is not an option?

Is there anything I missed, described wrongly or is there another option to be able to register myself as director?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Best regards
Mat