Singapore Expats

Additional Documents Asked- does this means anything?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
anujhbaggha

Additional Documents Asked- does this means anything?

Post by anujhbaggha » Tue, 20 Apr 2021 11:40 am

Hi folks,

The officer has asked for additional documents for my PR application decision making. Is there a link between docs being asked and approval/rejections? Does this means anything or I am being too analytic? :???:

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: Additional Documents Asked- does this means anything?

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 20 Apr 2021 11:46 am

anujhbaggha wrote:
Tue, 20 Apr 2021 11:40 am
Hi folks,

The officer has asked for additional documents for my PR application decision making. Is there a link between docs being asked and approval/rejections? Does this means anything or I am being too analytic? :???:
Additional documents can be asked for checking more on the application or for an audit, etc. It does not relate to rejections/approvals based on this.

You are thinking too much.

anujhbaggha

Post by anujhbaggha » Tue, 20 Apr 2021 12:15 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 20 Apr 2021 11:46 am
anujhbaggha wrote:
Hi folks,

Additional documents can be asked for checking more on the application or for an audit, etc. It does not relate to rejections/approvals based on this.

I thought so too. Trying to find correlations and draw conclusions. Nevertheless, thanks for the response. Seems like waiting is the only thing I can do.

Meanwhile, if any other cases of success/rejections (after additional docs sent) come to light, please do share. :)

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 20 Apr 2021 12:43 pm

anujhbaggha wrote:
Tue, 20 Apr 2021 12:15 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 20 Apr 2021 11:46 am
anujhbaggha wrote:
Hi folks,

I thought so too. Trying to find correlations and draw conclusions. Nevertheless, thanks for the response. Seems like waiting is the only thing I can do.

Meanwhile, if any other cases of success/rejections (after additional docs sent) come to light, please do share. :)
My general advise is there will be cases, but dont worry about those as your case will be totally different from those.

Jactata

Post by Jactata » Fri, 15 Oct 2021 2:09 am

anujhbaggha wrote:
Hi folks,

Hey, did ICA get back to you after that? If yes, how long was the time gap until they get back? Thank you! :)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 15 Oct 2021 11:59 am

There is also no correlation between the submission of add'l docs and when they get back. It is what it is. Each application, unless you are all cloned robots, is different and will take whatever length of time is necessary to either approve or reject THAT application. All you can do it make the application, give them what they ask for, when they ask for it, and patiently wait (but also having a plan B in place is always a good idea). We've seen applications go as long as 25 months before being rejected or approved. There is no correlation to time on anything. All you are doing is agitating yourselves.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 18 Oct 2021 10:30 pm

No point trying to understand the ICA’s thought process, you’ll die trying.