Singapore Expats

How to remove dandruff

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: How to remove dandruff

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 20 Apr 2021 1:04 am

Try head and shoulders anti-dandruff shampoo or selenium sulfide shampoo. The former is a more commercial, gentle option, and meant for daily use while the latter is more “medical” and effective.

MonkeyBanana

Post by MonkeyBanana » Tue, 27 Apr 2021 3:54 pm

Use Argan oil. It has saved my scalp, I was finding a good solution for a long time, and this, slowly controlled it and now I'm free! do check on it, I'm using the brand by Nuspa I think, it's orangey colour loo

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 27 Apr 2021 4:11 pm

In spite of my earlier admonitions, I have to agree with Monkey. I've been using Argan Oil for beards for years. And those of you who actually know me, can vouch that I have a decent sized beard. Argan oil is expensive, but worth it. I actually use an Argan oil Conditioner after shampooing my beard. My beard oil (to keep it shiny & healthy also has Argan oil in it). My beard isn't as long as methuselah's but getting there.

Having said that, before I started shaving my head 12 years ago, I was a disciple of Head & Shoulders as well. But shaving my head cured that problem, but hair shampoos are not good for beard hair (totally different makeup).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

MonkeyBanana

Post by MonkeyBanana » Tue, 27 Apr 2021 4:50 pm

But your sleeping hours and your nutrition intake also matter, induced stress to the body causes Dandruff/inflammation of the scalp, in my experience.

haohao

Post by haohao » Thu, 01 Jul 2021 4:21 pm

It's also important that you rinse your scalp thoroughly, especially after using conditioner. That's what I was told when I went to the hair salon before :D