Singapore Expats Forum

How to remove dandruff

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Lisafuller
Reporter
Reporter

Re: How to remove dandruff

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 20 Apr 2021 1:04 am

Try head and shoulders anti-dandruff shampoo or selenium sulfide shampoo. The former is a more commercial, gentle option, and meant for daily use while the latter is more “medical” and effective.

MonkeyBanana

Post by MonkeyBanana » Tue, 27 Apr 2021 3:54 pm

Use Argan oil. It has saved my scalp, I was finding a good solution for a long time, and this, slowly controlled it and now I'm free! do check on it, I'm using the brand by Nuspa I think, it's orangey colour loo

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 2

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 27 Apr 2021 4:11 pm

In spite of my earlier admonitions, I have to agree with Monkey. I've been using Argan Oil for beards for years. And those of you who actually know me, can vouch that I have a decent sized beard. Argan oil is expensive, but worth it. I actually use an Argan oil Conditioner after shampooing my beard. My beard oil (to keep it shiny & healthy also has Argan oil in it). My beard isn't as long as methuselah's but getting there.

Having said that, before I started shaving my head 12 years ago, I was a disciple of Head & Shoulders as well. But shaving my head cured that problem, but hair shampoos are not good for beard hair (totally different makeup).

MonkeyBanana

Post by MonkeyBanana » Tue, 27 Apr 2021 4:50 pm

But your sleeping hours and your nutrition intake also matter, induced stress to the body causes Dandruff/inflammation of the scalp, in my experience.