Singapore Expats Forum

Dating scene

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
lost

Dating scene

Postby lost » Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:28 am

hi
i was wondering if any of you have actually met up with anyone from this forum or any other for a date or any sort of outing.
i had uptill now never considered meeting up with people online, too much of an ego hassel with me and it still is. i would honestly think less of myself if i had to use the internet to meet people. i understand most of us are away from home and miss friends etc and since having a boy/girl friend here seems to be a national timepass/sport or an obsession i feel its time to join the bandwagon.
apart from that is it safe, do you meet decent people or what do people expect on such dates???????
have any of you had fun experiences or some nasty ones, please share
i might force myself to meet random people on the net if things get really really boring .

moloch71
Regular
Regular

Postby moloch71 » Thu, 24 Mar 2005 1:52 pm

bah, I find theres no shame or dishonour meeting up with people I encounter online. I've done it for years, and met some extraordinary people I probably would never met in my everyday life.

If you look around some of the threads, you will find there are some fun, social activities - its all just a matter of being brave and meeting some complete, yet harmless, strangers :)

I've known some friends that have even dated in internet dating, developing into relationships. Its all just a better way of reaching others in a like mind to themselves. :)
Moloch horridus - Australian horny devil lizard, exceptional specimens have been found measuring 8 inches.

found

Postby found » Thu, 24 Mar 2005 3:47 pm

Lost

pls provide an email address for contact.

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Mon, 28 Mar 2005 3:00 am

Have to admit that I used to be really haughty about the whole idea of meeting people from online forums. However, I've taken the plunge a couple of times now and lo and behold! No one I've met has two heads or extra appendages! :lol:

I guess you just need to be careful about it and not be judgemental until you have met them in person. :wink:

T_Bravi

people from this forum

Postby T_Bravi » Mon, 28 Mar 2005 9:40 am

Lost

Most people that I've met are ok. But you need to be careful about people's true intentions when meeting. Some people are in it for a quick hit n run.

Postby Guest » Mon, 28 Mar 2005 1:58 pm

I met my current boyfriend online. We've moved in together and are getting married next year. We are both expats. Probably something I never would have done at home. But best thing I ever did :)

T-Bravi

reply to Lost

Postby T-Bravi » Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:11 pm

Lost,

For the info you're asking for, have a look at sgblog site.