Singapore Expats Forum
 

Rejected LTVP and Appeal for baby

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

One World International School




Sponsored by:

Singapore Immigration Experts
Post Reply
Letoughlif3
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun, 18 Apr 2021 3:53 pm

Rejected LTVP and Appeal for baby

Post by Letoughlif3 » Sun, 18 Apr 2021 4:07 pm

Hi, so it's my first time writing into the forum. I have been reading a lot of topics and they all bring some help to my understanding and process in my journey to apply government documents.

I am a second generation SPR(Malaysian), studied here and am working in retail(my pay comes in Comms). I got married to my husband who is a Work Permit holder (he is from China)and have a 3 month old daughter. I applied for citizenship around the time I found out I was pregnant, results still pending now..
When my daughter came, I immediately applied LTVP for her but it got rejected. Then I went to my MP for appeal request and just got the rejection for the appeal as well. She holds a Chinese passport, not sure if it's one of the reasons with they are rejecting me. Should I apply for PR for her or should I wait for my Citizenship results first? (Results have been pending close to a year now)

I'm hoping to see if there's any suggestion on how can I go along with this because both of us don't want to send our daughter to China, especially because we are planning to stay in Singapore.

therat
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 775
Joined: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 2:23 pm

Re: Rejected LTVP and Appeal for baby

Post by therat » Sun, 18 Apr 2021 4:15 pm

Letoughlif3 wrote:Hi, so it's my first time writing into the forum. I have been reading a lot of topics and they all bring some help to my understanding and process in my journey to apply government documents.

I am a second generation SPR(Malaysian), studied here and am working in retail(my pay comes in Comms). I got married to my husband who is a Work Permit holder (he is from China)and have a 3 month old daughter. I applied for citizenship around the time I found out I was pregnant, results still pending now..
When my daughter came, I immediately applied LTVP for her but it got rejected. Then I went to my MP for appeal request and just got the rejection for the appeal as well. She holds a Chinese passport, not sure if it's one of the reasons with they are rejecting me. Should I apply for PR for her or should I wait for my Citizenship results first? (Results have been pending close to a year now)

I'm hoping to see if there's any suggestion on how can I go along with this because both of us don't want to send our daughter to China, especially because we are planning to stay in Singapore.
Question 1. Did both of you apply permission before marriage?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk


Letoughlif3
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun, 18 Apr 2021 3:53 pm

Re: Rejected LTVP and Appeal for baby

Post by Letoughlif3 » Sun, 18 Apr 2021 5:22 pm

my salary is a bit unstable considering the commission. It ranges from 1.5k to 3.3k.
Last edited by Letoughlif3 on Sun, 18 Apr 2021 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Letoughlif3
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun, 18 Apr 2021 3:53 pm

Re: Rejected LTVP and Appeal for baby

Post by Letoughlif3 » Sun, 18 Apr 2021 9:13 pm

therat wrote:
Sun, 18 Apr 2021 4:15 pm
Letoughlif3 wrote:Hi, so it's my first time writing into the forum. I have been reading a lot of topics and they all bring some help to my understanding and process in my journey to apply government documents.

I am a second generation SPR(Malaysian), studied here and am working in retail(my pay comes in Comms). I got married to my husband who is a Work Permit holder (he is from China)and have a 3 month old daughter. I applied for citizenship around the time I found out I was pregnant, results still pending now..
When my daughter came, I immediately applied LTVP for her but it got rejected. Then I went to my MP for appeal request and just got the rejection for the appeal as well. She holds a Chinese passport, not sure if it's one of the reasons with they are rejecting me. Should I apply for PR for her or should I wait for my Citizenship results first? (Results have been pending close to a year now)

I'm hoping to see if there's any suggestion on how can I go along with this because both of us don't want to send our daughter to China, especially because we are planning to stay in Singapore.
Question 1. Did both of you apply permission before marriage?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
Yes, we did.

therat
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 775
Joined: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 2:23 pm

Re: Rejected LTVP and Appeal for baby

Post by therat » Sun, 18 Apr 2021 10:56 pm

Letoughlif3 wrote:
Sun, 18 Apr 2021 5:22 pm
my salary is a bit unstable considering the commission. It ranges from 1.5k to 3.3k.
if exclude commission, what will be your basic?

Letoughlif3
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun, 18 Apr 2021 3:53 pm

Re: Rejected LTVP and Appeal for baby

Post by Letoughlif3 » Sun, 18 Apr 2021 11:02 pm

therat wrote:
Sun, 18 Apr 2021 10:56 pm
Letoughlif3 wrote:
Sun, 18 Apr 2021 5:22 pm
my salary is a bit unstable considering the commission. It ranges from 1.5k to 3.3k.
if exclude commission, what will be your basic?
Around 1400

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests