Singapore Expats

Student LTVP I NEED YOUR ADVICE

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
C96

Student LTVP I NEED YOUR ADVICE

Post by C96 » Fri, 16 Apr 2021 2:58 am

Hey guys! So I am a student LTVP holder and I am aware that I need an Spass to have a full-time job. Furthermore, I have 3 years bond to Singapore as I managed to get a subsidy during my poly time.

So, I got this full-time job and my employer has promised me to apply for an spass for me immediately and that I can just work first. However, the month of March has passed and he only approached me to apply for my pass around 2nd week of april. I suggested to not apply for me yet. I was planning to quit as my pay was getting so delayed and found out my employer used to be a big-time scammer in the events industry in sg.

The problem now is, all of us are not paid yet and he is making excuses to delay our pays further. He is supposed to pay our salary last march 31 and he blocked some of us already just to dodge the bullet. Some of my colleagues have filed a police report about this.

Now my manager would like to pursue a complaint to TADM but, we are concerned about my pass or me getting deported.

I could use a fresh eye on this case, any advice would mean so much!
Last edited by C96 on Fri, 16 Apr 2021 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ignorant1
Regular
Regular

Re: Student LTVP I NEED YOUR ADVICE

Post by Ignorant1 » Fri, 16 Apr 2021 8:34 am

Your fears are well founded . You are not supposed to work on LtVp and that’s clearly written on the document . I would just move to next job if I were you.I don’t see any upside for you as an individual to continue on this course of action .

C96

Post by C96 » Fri, 16 Apr 2021 10:15 am

I would love to move on to other job, but my employer have not paid all of us yet and he was supposed to pay us on the 31st march.

Apolgies i ddnt include this part.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 16 Apr 2021 10:28 am

C96 wrote:
Fri, 16 Apr 2021 10:15 am
I would love to move on to other job, but my employer have not paid all of us yet and he was supposed to pay us on the 31st march.

Apolgies i ddnt include this part.
You can't do anything. You made the mistake of working on a LTVP. It is totally not allowed.

C96

Post by C96 » Fri, 16 Apr 2021 1:10 pm

Even if I was promised to be applied an spass? but turns out ddnt?

is there no case at all?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 16 Apr 2021 1:55 pm

The only case you have is how to stay out of jail or be deported. Working without a valid pass is on you. Yes, the employer will also get in trouble, but that is immaterial. You are breaking the law as well. Ignorance of the law is not a valid excuse here and if caught, you might, as noted, get deported after released from jail. You best bet is to walk away. As fast as you can. Oh, the salary owed to you? You cannot prove you have been employed as you have no work pass. The company owes you nothing. Get away while you still have the shirt on your back and chalk it up to a lesson learned the hard way.

Oh yeah, and promises here with regard to jobs are all based on having a valid pass or not. That's why contracts are not valid until the work pass is issued.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

C96

Post by C96 » Fri, 16 Apr 2021 2:31 pm

Oh gosh, thank you a lot! this helps so much! Totally gave me a different perspective.