Singapore Expats

AIP letter - Singapore Citizenship

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
manjeerapariti

AIP letter - Singapore Citizenship

Post by manjeerapariti » Thu, 15 Apr 2021 7:03 pm

Hey guys!
I recently checked the ICA portal and saw that my citizenship application has been approved. But I haven't received the AIP letter via post, email or even as an attachment on the portal. Was wondering if it takes time and I'm just panicking too much, or maybe I should check with the ICA caz the deadline for the citizenship journey is in June (got to know from the SCJ officers when I called them). Appreciate if anyone can share their experience on the timelines

Jey1987

Re: AIP letter - Singapore Citizenship

Post by Jey1987 » Thu, 15 Apr 2021 10:13 pm

Hi
May I know are you local sponsored or ... If your
spouse sponsored you have to log in via their singpass to download the letter.
manjeerapariti wrote:
Thu, 15 Apr 2021 7:03 pm
Hey guys!
I recently checked the ICA portal and saw that my citizenship application has been approved. But I haven't received the AIP letter via post, email or even as an attachment on the portal. Was wondering if it takes time and I'm just panicking too much, or maybe I should check with the ICA caz the deadline for the citizenship journey is in June (got to know from the SCJ officers when I called them). Appreciate if anyone can share their experience on the timelines

steven1888

Post by steven1888 » Sun, 18 Apr 2021 3:18 pm

Hi, May I know whether there is any further update on your status? I have the same query. I saw on the portal that my citizenship application has been approved. When I click Enquire/View Status it is still showing as "pending". Appreciate any advice if anyone has experience with this. Thank you.

newperson

Post by newperson » Sun, 18 Apr 2021 6:54 pm

steven1888 wrote:
Sun, 18 Apr 2021 3:18 pm
Hi, May I know whether there is any further update on your status? I have the same query. I saw on the portal that my citizenship application has been approved. When I click Enquire/View Status it is still showing as "pending". Appreciate any advice if anyone has experience with this. Thank you.
same here... just noticed it says approved today but status still pending... i applied in July last year, what about you?
Last edited by newperson on Sun, 18 Apr 2021 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steven1888

Post by steven1888 » Sun, 18 Apr 2021 8:38 pm

Hi, yes around the same period. I applied in Jun.

newperson

Post by newperson » Sun, 18 Apr 2021 9:41 pm

Our outcome should be the same then, hoping for some good news next week... fingers crossed:)

steven1888

Post by steven1888 » Sun, 18 Apr 2021 9:44 pm

I heard the status on the Portal will be pending until the whole course of application is completed. I hope to get the AIP Letter soon. Some people got theirs via email.

newperson

Post by newperson » Mon, 19 Apr 2021 8:11 am

The status for mine is already updated as well this morning. Your’s should be the same too @Steven1888

steven1888

Post by steven1888 » Mon, 19 Apr 2021 9:18 am

Yes, thanks for the update. Best of Luck!

vig.srinivasan93

Post by vig.srinivasan93 » Mon, 19 Apr 2021 7:25 pm

Dear "Steven 1888" and "newperson" - For the benefit of all the forum members including mine, can you please give us the details of all your status at the time of application. This may help in assessing the trends.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 19 Apr 2021 11:05 pm

The only way that works is if you and your family are exact clones of the others. Otherwise, there isn't any "trends" as you put it. And, even if you are exact clones, you still might not get approved as the small number of slots may well have been used up.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

vig.srinivasan93

Post by vig.srinivasan93 » Tue, 20 Apr 2021 8:23 am

Agreed. But even for that whether they are clones or not, the details are required. To further have a confirmation even if clones, 2 similar cases do not work in the same way also will also get to be noticed by the respective forum member.

simple_guy
Regular
Regular

Post by simple_guy » Tue, 20 Apr 2021 9:50 am

Dear Moderators

If someone asks others for some information, isn't it a good idea to leave it to the people whether they want to give further information about their profile or not?

Let the information seeker get the information and interpret it at his/her end.

After all, when you suggest on someone chances, that's also not 100% accurate?

Myasis Dragon
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 23

Post by Myasis Dragon » Tue, 20 Apr 2021 11:24 am

simple_guy wrote:
Tue, 20 Apr 2021 9:50 am
Dear Moderators

If someone asks others for some information, isn't it a good idea to leave it to the people whether they want to give further information about their profile or not?

Let the information seeker get the information and interpret it at his/her end.

After all, when you suggest on someone chances, that's also not 100% accurate?
Moderators do not care if someone provides information, although they do recommend against providing personal information such as phone number or email address.

Moderators are telling people that it's mostly pointless trying to compare yourself to others who have either passed or failed in their attempts to gain PR or citizenship. Here's why.

Instead of PR or citizenship, let's pretend that people are talking about passing their Singapore driving test. And let's also pretend that like citizenship or PR applications, your Singapore Police Force testing officer will tell you whether you passed or failed but won't tell you why.

So... a guy (the OP) posts in this forum: "Hey! I just took my driving test today and I passed. I can now drive an automobile in Singapore."

Someone (the guy asking the questions) comes along and says, "Can you please give us the details of all your status at the time of driving test? This may help in assessing the trends."

The OP responds with, "Sure. I am Malaysian Chinese. I am 31. I have a wife and two kids. I have been working in Singapore for 6 years, and I make $7000 a month. I live in an HDB flat and have enough money saved up to buy a car now that I passed my driving test."

So, the guy asking the questions says, "Wow, that's great! I am also Malaysian Chinese. I am 32. I have a wife and three kids. I make $7500 per month. I've lived in Singapore for 6.5 years. And, like the OP, I live in an HDB flat. Sounds like I should be able to pass my driver's test as well.

So, the guy asking the questions goes to take his driving test and he FAILS! He is very puzzled. After all, he is very similar to the guy who passed. What could have happened?

What happened is that when the guy asking the questions asked for information, he didn't get the critical information he needed, and that the OP could not know. For example, the OP who passed scored 95 out of 100 on his driving test. But the guy asking the questions only scored 70... he made some bad turns, could not park, forgot to use his turn signal. But because neither the OP or the guy asking the questions gets to see the score sheets, they have no idea what is different between them.

It was pointless to compare yourself on the basis of age, ethnicity, sex, etc, because the driving evaluation was done on completely different criteria... whether or not you are a shitty driver.

And so it is when it comes to PR and citizenship applications. You can ask about age, race, sex, children, income, length of stay, and more. You can say, "Gee, we are very similar, therefore I have good chances." But those characteristics don't matter very much.

What does matter is this: You do not know that many other details of the other person. You don't know about his credit, or his in laws, or the number of jobs he has had or the number of brothers and sisters he has, or the number of relatives already in Singapore, or the number of times he got a speeding ticket, or the number of times he was warned about loud music or pissing in the lift, or the grades he got in uni, or the number of places he has lived or how often he got a salary increase (and how much), or where he was born, or how many times he has been married, or any of a million other things you cannot know.

That's why asking the questions are pointless. I could be white and you could be Chinese and we could have exactly the same chances at PR or citizenship. Because, it's not your race or age that will disqualify you, it is the whole package, and you cannot tell what the whole package is, because ICA won't tell you.

So... ask all the questions you want. Just be aware that the answers make absolutely no difference to you, no matter how much you think you might be alike.

simple_guy
Regular
Regular

Post by simple_guy » Tue, 20 Apr 2021 11:31 am

Myasis Dragon wrote:
Tue, 20 Apr 2021 11:24 am
What does matter is this: You do not know that many other details of the other person. You don't know about his credit, or his in laws, or the number of jobs he has had or the number of brothers and sisters he has, or the number of relatives already in Singapore, or the number of times he got a speeding ticket, or the number of times he was warned about loud music or pissing in the lift, or the grades he got in uni, or the number of places he has lived or how often he got a salary increase (and how much), or where he was born, or how many times he has been married, or any of a million other things you cannot know.

That's why asking the questions are pointless. I could be white and you could be Chinese and we could have exactly the same chances at PR or citizenship. Because, it's not your race or age that will disqualify you, it is the whole package, and you cannot tell what the whole package is, because ICA won't tell you.

So... ask all the questions you want. Just be aware that the answers make absolutely no difference to you, no matter how much you think you might be alike.
I would say your example (driving test) is pointless. Do moderators ask above information (credits in-laws) before giving feedback on someone's profile?

Similarly answers by experts on chances of getting PR/Citizenship MAKE ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE. But still people asks and same experts are happy to answer. Isn't it?