Singapore Expats

chance of getting PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
leslielyn

chance of getting PR

Post by leslielyn » Tue, 13 Apr 2021 5:57 pm

Hi all,

Just gotten my citizenship this January and currently earning $3200 (just graduated last Sep).
My mother has been in Singapore and working under the "Parents accompanying a child studying in Singapore" scheme since 2004.After I turned 21 in 2018, she has been working and holds a S pass. Her S pass will expire this coming September and her boss has decided not to renew her pass.

I would like to check if she needs to apply for work permit (or any work pass) if I apply LTVP for her now and also her chance of getting PR.

P.S She will be turning 50 this coming August.

Thanks alot for helping!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: chance of getting PR

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 13 Apr 2021 8:04 pm

You are the first instance on this forum for 16 years that I've been here that is the product of a Peidu Momma (or Study Momma) reaching the age of majority and obtaining SGC. As your mother has lost her S pass, I see no reason for her to not be able to return to an LTVP (provided which you can show the ability to provide support). PR I will not hazard a guess on at this point as I've never come across this situation before (anecdotally or otherwise). I would, however, appreciated it if you would let us know of your findings and outcome so we can help the next person with a similar situation. Paying it forward is what we do here. I think, if nobody else has anything here (hope there is). You might need to post a query to ICA for further information. (The S pass is under the MOM but the LTVP and PR comes under the ICA.)

All work passes must be applied for by the potential employer. You mother cannot apply for a work pass - only the employer can apply. The work pass is tied directly to only 1 employer and cannot be transferred.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: chance of getting PR

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 14 Apr 2021 4:56 pm

leslielyn wrote:
Tue, 13 Apr 2021 5:57 pm
Hi all,

Just gotten my citizenship this January and currently earning $3200 (just graduated last Sep).
My mother has been in Singapore and working under the "Parents accompanying a child studying in Singapore" scheme since 2004.After I turned 21 in 2018, she has been working and holds a S pass. Her S pass will expire this coming September and her boss has decided not to renew her pass.

I would like to check if she needs to apply for work permit (or any work pass) if I apply LTVP for her now and also her chance of getting PR.

P.S She will be turning 50 this coming August.

Thanks alot for helping!
You may be on the border where it may or may not meet the salary needed to sponsor for a LTVP