Condo etiquette

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Condo etiquette

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 11 Apr 2021 9:20 pm

I had a frustrating experience with a neighbor recently and just wanted to share. I am lucky to live in a condo with a really large and beautiful pool, and I make it a point to use it at least once a week, both for fitness and for relaxation. It has always been my understanding that pool users should rinse themselves off before entering, for hygiene purposes. It is for this exact reason that the management installed an outdoor shower some years ago. Most residents are respectful and understanding of this rule, and wash themselves off before stepping foot into the water. A few days ago, as I was wrapping up my swim, a really sweaty lady took off her robe and walked towards the pool. I thought she was heading towards the shower, but to my surprise, she tried to enter the swimming pool! A disgusted resident asked that she rinse herself off before entering, to which she responded rudely that she had the right to use the facilities since she pays for them like everyone else. At this point, I chimed in to agree with the resident, but was met with an equally rude response. She proceeded to make a big show about getting in the pool, and at that point I was so fed up that I went home. Have any of you encountered similarly obnoxious neighbors?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Condo etiquette

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 12 Apr 2021 12:17 am

More and more everyday. Especially the younger 'entitled' generations. But there of examples of all ages, sad to say.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 12 Apr 2021 10:29 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mon, 12 Apr 2021 12:17 am
More and more everyday. Especially the younger 'entitled' generations. But there of examples of all ages, sad to say.
I see equally poor behavior from the older “pioneer” generation. A number of them seem to think that seniority means superiority, and therefore they can behave however they please, which shouldn’t be the case. Although I do see quite a deal of poorly behaved younger folks as well. For those, I blame the parents.

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Mon, 12 Apr 2021 10:31 am

That's pretty gross..and I've witnessed a lot of my neighbours go for a swim right after a jog without entering the shower first.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 12 Apr 2021 10:42 am

abbby wrote:
Mon, 12 Apr 2021 10:31 am
That's pretty gross..and I've witnessed a lot of my neighbours go for a swim right after a jog without entering the shower first.
Exactly, and so rude as well! In a condo environment, its so important to be considerate to your neighbors. It’s not a private pool, so the basic thing to do would be to keep it clean for everyone, and not snark when you aire confronted.