Singapore Expats

Looking for Singapore based people for Paid Job

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
RubyBlack2021

Looking for Singapore based people for Paid Job

Post by RubyBlack2021 » Sun, 11 Apr 2021 7:41 pm

Hi there,

I hope everyone is well and enjoying their weekend.

I found this gem of a forum and I hope it's ok to post here.that I've posted in the right place - I don't want to upset the etiquette of the forum. IF I've overstepped the mark, then please let me know.

My name is Ruby, I’m currently helping to cast an ad campaign about air travel, and I’m looking for interesting and fun people based in Singapore to feature in it. We are looking for people who have either had an incredibly memorable first time flying experience, or people who have never flown, but always wanted to.

Be it a story of love, passion, reunion, business opportunity, entrepreneurial, ambition, or anything that's unique to you. We're really looking for truly heart warming stories rather than just a first foreign holiday. Or maybe you travelled for the first time to start a business in another country?

Does this fit anyone? Or do you know any family/friends who this might fit? We're looking for all ethnic backgrounds and English doesn't need to be your first language.

This is a paid shoot and you will need to be available in May (dates tbc) Candidates will need to be based in Singapore.

Let me know?
Thanks and have a great weekend

Ruby

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: Looking for Singapore based people for Paid Job

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 11 Apr 2021 9:23 pm

Hi Ruby, I’ll drop you a PM.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 12 Apr 2021 12:25 am

First time I flew was a traumatic experience. It was a old Dakota that flapped it's wings going down the runway from Baltimore to Ft. Polk, LA in 1965 for my Army Basic Training (BMT for the locals here). The 2nd time I flew was in a Helicopter at Ft. Wolters, TX at the start of my Rotary Wing Flight Training program were eventually I learned how to fly helicopters. The rest of the next 30 months I wish I could have avoided all together or forget but It's never going to happen.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

RubyBlack2021

Post by RubyBlack2021 » Mon, 12 Apr 2021 2:08 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mon, 12 Apr 2021 12:25 am
First time I flew was a traumatic experience. It was a old Dakota that flapped it's wings going down the runway from Baltimore to Ft. Polk, LA in 1965 for my Army Basic Training (BMT for the locals here). The 2nd time I flew was in a Helicopter at Ft. Wolters, TX at the start of my Rotary Wing Flight Training program were eventually I learned how to fly helicopters. The rest of the next 30 months I wish I could have avoided all together or forget but It's never going to happen.
Thanks for the response - and that sounds awful. However, we're actually looking for positive stories to share. But thanks for sharing!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 12 Apr 2021 4:30 pm

RubyBlack2021 wrote:
Mon, 12 Apr 2021 2:08 pm
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mon, 12 Apr 2021 12:25 am
Thanks for the response - and that sounds awful. However, we're actually looking for positive stories to share. But thanks for sharing!
I wasn't sharing as much as I was just poking at your one-sided interpretation of 'incredibly memorable'.
Actually, what you asked for was "incredibly memorable first time flying experience". Believe me, it was definitely incredibly memorable. You did not indicate whether you were wanting good or bad memories. That was 56 years ago. I still remember it clearly. ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Max Headroom
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Max Headroom » Tue, 13 Apr 2021 8:46 am

Ad "campaign" implies there's a budget. But you're casting the models featuring in the campaign without the help of a modeling agency. This implies that it's either low-budget, or the ad company gets to keep the lion's share of it.

Either way, you get what you pay for.

RubyBlack2021

Post by RubyBlack2021 » Tue, 13 Apr 2021 4:54 pm

Max Headroom wrote:
Tue, 13 Apr 2021 8:46 am
Ad "campaign" implies there's a budget. But you're casting the models featuring in the campaign without the help of a modeling agency. This implies that it's either low-budget, or the ad company gets to keep the lion's share of it.

Either way, you get what you pay for.
We're actually looking for real people and I work alongside a very reputable casting director. Going to a model agency means we will get models - which isn't what we're looking for. We're after the stories, not the aesthetic of what someone looks like. Make sense?

As I've mentioned this is a paid job. Anyone interested, please get in touch.

Have a great day