Singapore Expats

declined job offer after EP approved

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
prakashsingh

declined job offer after EP approved

Post by prakashsingh » Wed, 07 Apr 2021 2:57 pm

few months back got offer from company A and EP approved, then after my resignation current company comes with counter offer with same pay so i had to decline the offer and stay with my current company. Later after few months I receive very good offer from company B and so accepted the offer, EP approved but now again I resigned and my current company again comes with counter offer with same pay.

Now I am confused whether to accept the counter offer or not because it will be second time I am declining the offer after EP approval if I do so. will it affect the future renewal with my current company?

simple_guy
Regular
Regular

Re: declined job offer after EP approved

Post by simple_guy » Wed, 07 Apr 2021 3:44 pm

No Idea about future renewal. But I think some of the questions you have to answer yourself like what happens if you get another offer from a company C. Also what if your current company does not want to renew your EP in future !

prakashsingh

Post by prakashsingh » Wed, 07 Apr 2021 4:27 pm

Once I accept the current offer, i will have to stay atleast one year in the current company as per the clause. I am in permanent role with my current company, so surely it will apply for renewal but my only concern is will MOM blacklist me if i reject the EP twice after the IPA is approved

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 07 Apr 2021 4:54 pm

MOM probably won't but you employer, at the first sign of a downturn or downsizing exercise, will probably give you your walking papers because they already know you don't want to stay with them.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers