Singapore Expats Forum

PR appeal success stories

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Sammy_sg

PR appeal success stories

Post by Sammy_sg » Tue, 06 Apr 2021 12:16 am

Have anyone ever heard about any PR appeal success stories? Please share here

Lisafuller
Reporter
Reporter

Re: PR appeal success stories

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 08 Apr 2021 10:29 am

I don’t know of any, most of my colleagues have been successful after reapplying after rejection. This link contains concise information about the appeal process. https://www.moveto.sg/appeal

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 2

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 08 Apr 2021 12:10 pm

Sammy_sg wrote:
Tue, 06 Apr 2021 12:16 am
Have anyone ever heard about any PR appeal success stories? Please share here
I can confirm that appeals don't always work. My first application and subsequent appeal was rejected but that was back in the late 1980's. My reapplication 3 years later was successful.
But there been a lot of water over the dam or under the bridge as it were since those days.

Frankly, if your appeal doesn't provide something very dramatic that was left out of the initial application (other than a BS cover letter) your odds of having a successful appeal are almost nil.

mystic_river
Regular
Regular

Post by mystic_river » Thu, 08 Apr 2021 6:36 pm

The concept of appeal doesn't exit anymore (if it ever even did, I am not sure).

From ICA website:

My permanent residence (PR) application was unsuccessful. What can I do?

Answer:
All applications for PR are carefully considered and reviewed by ICA. If there are additional or updated information or documents since your last application, you may consider submitting a fresh application online through MyICA or e-Service.

Please note that the outcome of the application will remain the same if there are no changes to your circumstances, and if the same information or documents are submitted.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 08 Apr 2021 6:45 pm

mystic_river wrote:
Thu, 08 Apr 2021 6:36 pm
The concept of appeal doesn't exit anymore (if it ever even did, I am not sure).

From ICA website:

Answer:
All applications for PR are carefully considered and reviewed by ICA. If there are additional or updated information or documents since your last application, you may consider submitting a fresh application online through MyICA or e-Service.

Please note that the outcome of the application will remain the same if there are no changes to your circumstances, and if the same information or documents are submitted.
It is still there. But the outcome of appeal will mostly be the same unless something big was missed out in the main application or something change suddenly after the rejection.

mystic_river
Regular
Regular

Post by mystic_river » Thu, 08 Apr 2021 6:50 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 08 Apr 2021 6:45 pm
mystic_river wrote:

From ICA website:

Answer:

It is still there. But the outcome of appeal will mostly be the same unless something big was missed out in the main application or something change suddenly after the rejection.
Something big was missed out? I’d like to see how an applicant would go about appealing to ICA that they missed out on something after they specifically say they carefully review each and every application.

Sorry, I don’t mean to sound sarcastic. I’m just imagining how ICA would not want to entertain such requests from applicants.

Btw, and I’ve always wondered, how does one go about submitting an appeal anyway? I know there aren’t any avenues to do so online.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 08 Apr 2021 6:56 pm

mystic_river wrote:
Thu, 08 Apr 2021 6:50 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 08 Apr 2021 6:45 pm
mystic_river wrote:

From ICA website:

Answer:

Something big was missed out? I’d like to see how an applicant would go about appealing to ICA that they missed out on something after they specifically say they carefully review each and every application.

Sorry, I don’t mean to sound sarcastic. I’m just imagining how ICA would not want to entertain such requests from applicants.

Btw, and I’ve always wondered, how does one go about submitting an appeal anyway? I know there aren’t any avenues to do so online.
Missed out from applicant side and not from ICA's side.

I have done it manually (submission at ICA) and via email few years ago. But the result was the same. Rejected.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 2

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 09 Apr 2021 12:33 am

When I did it it was ALL manual. AND you had a actual interview with not one but two ICA officers in tandem (Good cop/Bad cop). Oh, in those days, an appeal was reviewed by the same officer who interviewed you the first time but you didn't have a face to face for the review. As SF has noted, now I don't even think you are given the opportunity to appeal, just reapply and do it right the first time.

smoulder
Chatter
Chatter

Post by smoulder » Fri, 09 Apr 2021 11:42 am

I concur with the theory that reapplying after an appeal was rejected might result in success. This is what happened to me recently. Rejected in 2018, appealed, rejected about a month later. Reapplied in 2019 with a new job and 2 salary increments since the rejection. Success in 2019. Obviously, each case is unique and will be evaluated on it's own merits so merely appealing won't in itself result in success the next time around.