Singapore Expats Forum

Friend Relocating

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

NJ13

Friend Relocating

Postby NJ13 » Wed, 23 Mar 2005 11:02 pm

Hi,

I have just been offered a position in SG which starts in June.

I also have a friend who is also considering moving over with me, but he has not yet found a position.

What is the likelyhood that if he comes over on a visitors visa, he could find a job and be sponsered by the employer for a working visa.

He is currently in Internal Stock Auditing for a Plc, but will consider doing anything for 12 months. Are there positions out there for ex-pats who are willing to take any type of work and if so, what are the restrictions?

Thanks

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 23 Mar 2005 11:17 pm

The big problem for your friend is that any company willing to sponsor him for an EP must demonstrate that the talents he offers are not available locally. So, if he is a real heavy hitter in sales, or a top notch guru, they might be able to justify him. If his job is common, and locals can do the job well, it will be much more difficult.

NJ13

Postby NJ13 » Wed, 23 Mar 2005 11:24 pm

Thanks for that.
Are there any temporary working visas/ WTV's that can be applied for? He is only looking for a maximum of 6-12 months employment.