Singapore Expats

2nd term but signed no contract yet- notice period

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
khaleesionfire

2nd term but signed no contract yet- notice period

Post by khaleesionfire » Mon, 05 Apr 2021 1:04 pm

I got my pass renewed last October 2020, but I haven’t signed any contract on my 2nd term, I recently got an offer from another company and all terms are way better... so I would like to resign already however I’m not sure with how long my notice period would be... my 1st contact got me bound on a 3month notice... but since now I’m on my supposedly 2nd contract which I haven’t signed anything yet... should I follow the notice period on my previous contract or will giving a 30day notice enough? please help 🥲

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: 2nd term but signed no contract yet- notice period

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 05 Apr 2021 1:21 pm

Is your employment letter/contract for a given period of time? Or is it open ended? If it's for a fixed period of time, why haven't you spoken to HR before your pass was renewed? If it's open ended then you will still need to give the requisite notice written into the appointment letter. (or salary in lieu of notice-unless you and the employer can come to a mutual agreement in writing).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers