Singapore Expats

New Salary threshold for EP

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
FarazSubhani

New Salary threshold for EP

Post by FarazSubhani » Wed, 31 Mar 2021 10:54 pm

Hello guys,

I have been working in Singapore from past 1.8 years under S Pass in IT under a well known consulting firm, me being deployed at client’s place, now I got another job(new client) from the same consulting firm and they are okay to pay my EP rate(6800, as per latest SAT).
So, now my consulting firm will raise EP for me with this increased salary(around 70% increment from current, to meet EP cut off), note- it will be the same firm under whom my current S Pass is issued, so no change for company name for Pass.
Query - I have seen few posts where EP is getting rejected due to very high jump in salary, is if true, will I also face rejection because of this.?
Any suggestions would be very helpful.
Profile - IT, development.
Experience - 5.3 years overall

Thanks

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: New Salary threshold for EP

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 31 Mar 2021 11:16 pm

Yeah, tell you employer you will NOT kickback a portion of your salary to him under the table. If it comes out, he will be banned from hiring foreign staff and you will be deported after your release from prison for assisting to defraud a government ministry.

Now if that's not the case, then the employer may to have to go to bat for you and explain thoroughly to MOM as to why you are only now getting such a huge salary increment. As you are apparently working for a body shop, I know how they work. I spent 10 years as an engineering headhunter for the O&G industry here in Singapore before becoming an HR Manager of a medium sized SME here till I retired 2 years ago.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

FarazSubhani

Post by FarazSubhani » Wed, 31 Mar 2021 11:28 pm

Thanks for your reply, I just wanted to clarify regarding your first para, my firm is not at all involved in any of such shady business, whatever salary they are declaring to MOM is fully entitled to me, so it’s not good to assault someone with assumptions who came here to seek your help and guidance.

I always take all comments positively even though it’s not in my favour(you can view my previous posts) but please don’t start baseless false accusations.
All the expats here are currently worried due to Covid situation and trying to fit into new MOM rules.
A bit of motivation is all we need to keep ourselves going on. :(

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 31 Mar 2021 11:36 pm

Now. Read the first six words of the second paragraph of my reply. Don't you feel foolish?

I've seen consultancies practice this often over the past 27 years in HR. Hence my admonishment. However, the 1st line of the next paragraph is not that hard to understand. Or should I have written it in python or some other programming code so you could understand it?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

FarazSubhani

Post by FarazSubhani » Wed, 31 Mar 2021 11:43 pm

Well, may be I am foolish, accepted and I even agree with you that these shady things are being practiced but it’s a total different topic from what I have posted, did I ever mention that my firm is asking some money back or any sort of such thing which could have led to this explanation, No.

Anyways, appreciate your time.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 01 Apr 2021 12:44 am

You would be surprised at the number of people who come here get 'duped' unwittingly. It's best to be suspicious rather than naive and get blindsided. Sometimes a word of warning is enough to forestall a ton of grief. I've been here 39 years and I've seen a lot. Good luck. I hope it all goes through smoothly for you. But forewarned is forearmed.