Singapore Expats

EP status 2021 feb march

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
SGDragon

EP status 2021 feb march

Post by SGDragon » Tue, 30 Mar 2021 12:01 am

If ep approve process take more than moths ,will it be a problem to the job offer? Any possibility to withdraw the offer by client? My ep is pending since feb 08th :-| im really worry about it

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: EP status 2021 feb march

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 30 Mar 2021 2:32 pm

Yes, the potential employer can rescind the offer any time they feel like it. They have no legal obligation (nor do you as far as employers go) as no employment contract is enforceable until the relevant work pass has been issued. So yeah, that possibility is always there. Everything is dependent on the MOM. This is why we have always said gaining job in Singapore is a two stage verification process. Both the potential employee AND the employer have to be vetting for each and every application.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

raysunshine

EP/SP status 2021

Post by raysunshine » Thu, 01 Apr 2021 1:10 pm

Hello guys,

Does anyone know what are the chances and situation update so far for an EP/SP approval for a candidate outside of Singapore? And if anyone in the forum is in a similar situation. I'm talking about skilled professional workers within the media/advertising/creative industry.

I heard a couple of people who got a work pass approved during the pandemic at the beginning of this year (Jan 2021), both are from Japan and Philippines working in the creative media industry, and they were based in their home country at the time of application. Would love to know if the chances of this are more open now. Thank you in advance for the insights and advice.

Profile - creative, media/advertising.
Experience - 10 years overall

p4tric

Post by p4tric » Fri, 02 Apr 2021 1:06 am

Hi all,

What would be the result if ever EP was approved but the client already cancelled the offer? Is there such scenario? Anyway, my EP application was last 25th Jan 2021, and as of now, still got the PENDING status.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 02 Apr 2021 12:10 pm

You need to ask the employer to also withdraw the application if there is no longer a job. You cannot have more than one pending application at a time so you are basically hung up at the moment.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers