Singapore Expats

Benefits of having EPass versus SPass

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ColleenThomas

Benefits of having EPass versus SPass

Post by ColleenThomas » Fri, 26 Mar 2021 6:17 pm

Hi,

My EPass renewal got rejected saying salary is too low. And the company is saying they will change my pass to SPass instead. My question is - what are the benefits of having EPass versus an SPass? What benefits will I be losing?

Thanks

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Benefits of having EPass versus SPass

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 27 Mar 2021 11:20 am

ColleenThomas wrote:
Fri, 26 Mar 2021 6:17 pm
Hi,

My EPass renewal got rejected saying salary is too low. And the company is saying they will change my pass to SPass instead. My question is - what are the benefits of having EPass versus an SPass? What benefits will I be losing?

Thanks
:roll: :roll:
My question to you is, how did you even manage to get an EP in the first place? Start here on the MOM website. https://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permits
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ColleenThomas

Post by ColleenThomas » Sat, 27 Mar 2021 2:52 pm

I received my EPass 2 years ago because I was eligible. I gave it for renewal and they said that my role should ideally have much higher salary (although I have much more than the minimum cutoff off 4500). There is an online evaluation tool that shows how much salary I should actually get for this role and then they will grant EP. Anyone have faced this similar issue? Not sure if my company will meet the difference and so they are requesting if they can move me to SPass. I wanted to fully understand any repercussions of having an SPass over an EPass and what benefits I will lose.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 27 Mar 2021 9:19 pm

Did you even bother to look at the link provided? :-k ](*,) #-o
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ColleenThomas

Post by ColleenThomas » Sat, 27 Mar 2021 11:18 pm

Yes I have seen the link and it is irrelevant to the question.

Question is simple : will I be losing any benefits if my pass is changed from EPass to SPass? In terms of if I’m looking for a new lease, any issues getting PR etc.

Open to answers from other readers too please.

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Sun, 28 Mar 2021 10:14 pm

ColleenThomas wrote:
Sat, 27 Mar 2021 11:18 pm
Yes I have seen the link and it is irrelevant to the question.

Question is simple : will I be losing any benefits if my pass is changed from EPass to SPass? In terms of if I’m looking for a new lease, any issues getting PR etc.

Open to answers from other readers too please.
PR will be harder. But then again, I suspect you don't tick enough of the other boxes that you should in order to get a PR.