Singapore Expats Forum

Driving Instructor

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Tiger

Driving Instructor

Postby Tiger » Tue, 18 May 2004 9:38 am

Hi!, I am looking for a very patient private driving instructor is SSDC because I am a very slow learner. Anyone can recommend? Thanks.

spicygirl

Postby spicygirl » Sat, 05 Jun 2004 11:20 pm

why not u try driving school. they teach pretty well!

jacky.how

Driving instructor

Postby jacky.how » Wed, 14 Sep 2005 2:01 pm

Hi All,

I m looking for a private driving instructor. Who can recommend any good driving instructor which stay in the west?

Lost man.
:( :(

Jani
Regular
Regular

Postby Jani » Wed, 14 Sep 2005 2:22 pm

actuali if $$ is not an issue
i would suggest go for school..

it's more systematic..and if u r afriad of having to get different instructors each time, you can pay a bit more to get a fixed one.

i heard many unpleasant experiences from my friends regarding ptv instructors...some eat up your time, some of them just anyhow teach you, some dun bring you to circuit becoz they lazy to book for you and etc..

jacky.how

Postby jacky.how » Wed, 14 Sep 2005 2:33 pm

Thanks,

School option is out. Private instructor can hv fexible time. Time is an issue not $$$.

Lost man
:(

frennade

Postby frennade » Wed, 14 Sep 2005 4:27 pm

If time is an issue for u, School will be better option. As the practical test date for school is much more faster as compared to private. Private students have to wait up for 4-5mths while school most probably 2months, this is wat i c.

Jani
Regular
Regular

Postby Jani » Thu, 15 Sep 2005 10:17 am

i think he wan those that he can book or cancel anytime he want
not having to accomodate to the 'fixed' timing the school have..

Got pros and cons getting school or pte
ask around for more instructors' referrals..compare and ask their students how they teach

latay

Postby latay » Mon, 14 Nov 2005 3:39 pm

Hi Tiger, I would like to recommend my driving instructor. He is able to able to teach new learners as well as refreshers (auto and manual). A very patient man and fees are affordable. Able to converse in chinese and also english.

Off peak rates starting from $20. :lol:

His name is Mr Tay and can be contacted at 9489 2345.

tinyfingers

Postby tinyfingers » Mon, 14 Nov 2005 7:46 pm

Hi, I have a driving instructor who is very patient as well and his pick-up point is at Jurong East MRT. You can leave me a msg here with ya email and i'll pass you his contacts.

limtangkuei

Any patient n friendly private instructor recommand?

Postby limtangkuei » Wed, 28 Dec 2005 1:33 pm

Helo Latay,

Did Mr Tay teach the driving AMK area?

You pass your driving test areadly??

Regards

Josephine

evalastin

Postby evalastin » Sat, 07 Jan 2006 12:47 am

hihi.. i wanna learn driving at low $$$.. err.. latay.. the $20 is per hr or per session? 17 can learn driving yet?

Littletwinstar

Postby Littletwinstar » Fri, 10 Feb 2006 10:27 pm

hi, may i enquire how to go for the fastest and cheapest driving test? I already have a Malaysian driving license but not doing conversion. Pls advise. Thanks.

Siong2
Regular
Regular

Postby Siong2 » Sat, 11 Feb 2006 5:40 pm

Jani wrote:actuali if $$ is not an issue
i would suggest go for school..

it's more systematic..and if u r afriad of having to get different instructors each time, you can pay a bit more to get a fixed one.

i heard many unpleasant experiences from my friends regarding ptv instructors...some eat up your time, some of them just anyhow teach you, some dun bring you to circuit becoz they lazy to book for you and etc..

Have you heard of being the instructor family's driver. Send them to where they wanted to go with the instructor inside ofcos, + the family behind happy got free driver, clock the time and call it a day...... :x

izanne

Postby izanne » Sat, 24 Feb 2007 5:09 pm

tinyfingers wrote:Hi, I have a driving instructor who is very patient as well and his pick-up point is at Jurong East MRT. You can leave me a msg here with ya email and i'll pass you his contacts.

Hi, Tinyfingers, may i have the details of the instruction? My email is aiwee_87@hotmail.com Thanks

twototango

Postby twototango » Wed, 28 Feb 2007 11:27 am

I have a great dive instructor but he currently does not have a pool to teach in. He was supposed to use our condo pool but they will not allow it now. Let me check in with him and get back to this forum.
All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsion, habit, reason, passion, and desire.

Aristotle