Singapore Expats

minimum salary to be provided to EP holder to renew the contract for a very short duration

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
saravinth

minimum salary to be provided to EP holder to renew the contract for a very short duration

Post by saravinth » Mon, 22 Mar 2021 11:10 am

Hi all,

I am trying to understand this information from my employer's side:

I signed a three year contract with my employer that is due in a month, and the project will run out of budget then. So I am in the process of securing a new job, which will take a while. Can I now ask my employer to renew my contract for say 1 or 2 months with the salary that they wish? Are there any minimum salary guideline by MOM to be provided, for an EP holder to renew the contract for 1 or 2 month duration.

Thanks in advance

P.s: my EP is valid for next 6 months. I do have some pending tasks to complete, which will benefit both my employer and myself as its R&D industry.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: minimum salary to be provided to EP holder to renew the contract for a very short duration

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 22 Mar 2021 3:38 pm

Same as it required for a 6 month, 12 month, 24 or 36 month EP. The Basic Salary must meet the minimum as stated on the MOM site. Plus some increment depending on tenure and/or industry (e.g., financial/banking, etc which will be going up depending on experience/age.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers