Singapore Expats

School Assignment on Expats Adapting to Life in Singapore

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
cjho97

School Assignment on Expats Adapting to Life in Singapore

Post by cjho97 » Sun, 21 Mar 2021 9:28 pm

Hello everyone!

My previous post was removed, hope I'm posting this in the right section. :mrgreen:

I'm a communications undergraduate at Nanyang Technological University. For one of our group assignments, we're doing a story on expats adapting to life in Singapore and fitting into the local community. Specifically, we would like to find out the challenges and difficulties that they face.

If you're interesting in sharing your experience, we can arrange an interview (face-to-face/phone call) at your convenience. I'm contactable through this forum or my student email address: [email protected].

Happy to clarify any doubts, thank you!

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: School Assignment on Expats Adapting to Life in Singapore

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 22 Mar 2021 10:54 am

How long would said interview take?

cjho97

Post by cjho97 » Mon, 22 Mar 2021 4:54 pm

Hi Lisa,

It'll take an hour at most!

sp786
Regular
Regular
Answers: 1

Post by sp786 » Thu, 07 Oct 2021 9:59 pm

Your project in present day context could focus how do localites prove that they're part of a global society / hub and how they treat their guests.

How many of the majority Singaporeans speak the minority language tamil? First let us know about it then also explain why should foreigners blend into the local society? For what? Foreigners are foreigners locals are locals. It is the culturally intelligent that blends for work or personal purposes.

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Thu, 07 Oct 2021 10:12 pm

sp786 wrote:
Thu, 07 Oct 2021 9:59 pm
Your project in present day context could focus how do localites prove that they're part of a global society / hub and how they treat their guests.

How many of the majority Singaporeans speak the minority language tamil? First let us know about it then also explain why should foreigners blend into the local society? For what? Foreigners are foreigners locals are locals. It is the culturally intelligent that blends for work or personal purposes.
I posted this a while ago in another thread. Immigration has only recently become about integrating. Previously, and including the majority of folks who demand that foreigners should integrate or get out, you just landed in a place and you made it your village unless the locals forcibly integrated you which has happened in the neighborhood. Like I said earlier, if the grandparents of some of these folks had integrated, there would be no Chinese or Tamil spoken here, only Malay and English - English because they conquered this land.

sp786
Regular
Regular
Answers: 1

Post by sp786 » Thu, 07 Oct 2021 10:20 pm

smoulder wrote:
Thu, 07 Oct 2021 10:12 pm
sp786 wrote:
Thu, 07 Oct 2021 9:59 pm

I posted this a while ago in another thread. Immigration has only recently become about integrating. Previously, and including the majority of folks who demand that foreigners should integrate or get out, you just landed in a place and you made it your village unless the locals forcibly integrated you which has happened in the neighborhood. Like I said earlier, if the grandparents of some of these folks had integrated, there would be no Chinese or Tamil spoken here, only Malay and English - English because they conquered this land.
Yes and now internet wu maos have gone to the extent of saying granting PRs and Citizenships to existing PRs itself is Foreign Interference in response to FICA lol!

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Thu, 07 Oct 2021 10:59 pm

The irony if what you say is true - that they are wumaos.