Singapore Expats

Expats get covid letter for vaccination?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
uzumaki02

Expats get covid letter for vaccination?

Post by uzumaki02 » Wed, 10 Mar 2021 10:57 am

Will expats get the letter as well?

MikeJones
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Re: Expats get covid letter for vaccination?

Post by MikeJones » Wed, 10 Mar 2021 11:39 am

Yes, assuming you have a long term pass of some sort (EP/SPass/WP/DP/LTVP etc), I know a couple of expats who have already had their first shot, one as he's over 70 and the other is in a frontline job.

Mike

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 10 Mar 2021 1:26 pm

Not all have IME. I'm assuming their details are not up to date with ICA. If you don't get a letter you can register on https://www.vaccine.gov.sg/

The next cohort is the 60 - 69 group and I think they are starting now.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

x9200

Post by x9200 » Thu, 11 Mar 2021 5:38 pm

uzumaki02 wrote:
Wed, 10 Mar 2021 10:57 am
Will expats get the letter as well?
https://go.gov.sg/moh-vaxprogress
Provisions have been made to vaccinate everyone in Singapore

16. We will continue to systematically extend the vaccination to other segments from April onwards. All Singaporeans and long-term residents in Singapore will have the chance to be vaccinated.

17. While COVID-19 vaccination is voluntary, we strongly encourage Singaporeans and long-term residents who are medically eligible to come forward for vaccination when their turn comes. That is the only way we as a society can keep each other safe from the disease.

My wife, working as a therapist, had her 2nd dose already a few weeks ago.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 11 Mar 2021 6:31 pm

My 2nd dose will be on the 14th, this Sunday.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 15 Mar 2021 8:44 pm

My father got his first dose this week. He is due for his second in three weeks time. He registered online, and received a letter in the mail a couple days later.
Last edited by Lisafuller on Sat, 20 Mar 2021 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 16 Mar 2021 8:55 am

Hurry up please Gahmen.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 16 Mar 2021 6:21 pm

Mine down & dusted. Nothing to remark upon. I don't think there is much to worry about, although my wife is not able to be vaccinated at this point in time as both the Pfizer & Modena vaccines she cannot take due to 3 antibiotic allergies she has. Will have to wait until they see what the new ones can handle with this regard. So, be careful if you have any allergies to certain medications although they ask you this when registering for the shots and again when you go to the centre to get the shots you are again put through the battery of questions.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Thu, 18 Mar 2021 7:44 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Tue, 16 Mar 2021 6:21 pm
although my wife is not able to be vaccinated at this point in time as both the Pfizer & Modena vaccines she cannot take due to 3 antibiotic allergies she has. Will have to wait until they see what the new ones can handle with this regard.
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/si ... 112017_cna

MOH has released new guidelines for those with allergies. If the allergic reaction is severe which results in anaphylaxis, I think they would be rejected. But if they have a mild reaction that doesn’t result in anaphylaxis, they would be able to take it.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 18 Mar 2021 5:03 pm

True, but when you actually get to the Vaccination centre, your medical records are accessed to determine what & how much you are taking and what allergies are verbotin at this point. I had registered her via the MOH Website but when we got to the centre, more detailed information showed she could not take it yet. Should she now be eligible for the vaccine, they indicated that she would be notified. I reckon we just wait.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 20 Mar 2021 8:40 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Thu, 18 Mar 2021 5:03 pm
True, but when you actually get to the Vaccination centre, your medical records are accessed to determine what & how much you are taking and what allergies are verbotin at this point. I had registered her via the MOH Website but when we got to the centre, more detailed information showed she could not take it yet. Should she now be eligible for the vaccine, they indicated that she would be notified. I reckon we just wait.
Yes, they will contact you via post or sms. It’s just that they offer no indication of how long the wait will be. I’m not sure what will change that will allow her to be able to take it though, wouldn’t they have to find a version that does not contain her allergens?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 21 Mar 2021 12:41 am

Perxactly.

Max Headroom
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Max Headroom » Sun, 21 Mar 2021 11:10 am

I'm surprised to read that, SMS. My wife is allergic to 3 antibiotics also, but when we got to the vax place yesterday, the chap approved her for her jab regardless.

The medical details were there for him to access and we confirmed the antibiotics allergies with him just to be safe, but he still cleared her to proceed.

Wanting to be triple sure, we then approached a doc that hovers around the centre for any questions and he too confirmed that so long as the allergies don't involve things like anaphylaxis, she's good to go.

So she got the jab and no issues since.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 21 Mar 2021 12:04 pm

Does your wife have dementia like mine does as well? It's just like applying for PR, every case is different due to different combinations. My wife has also had one heart attack and 2 stents over the past 10 years as well.

ProvenPracticalFlexible
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ProvenPracticalFlexible » Mon, 29 Mar 2021 11:13 am

Seems like last Friday was a day many under 50 people who've registered started getting sms notifications to book vaccination times. Both PRs and EP holders seemed to get it from my circles. I got mine and will get both shots in April.