Singapore Expats

Expats get covid letter for vaccination?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Re: Expats get covid letter for vaccination?

Post by malcontent » Mon, 12 Apr 2021 12:44 am

Good to know. I can manage a 30 min wait, just bring my Kindle Paperwhite and read.

Did you get to choose which CC or it’s assigned?
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 12 Apr 2021 6:30 am

Mal, yes you choose which CC you want to go to.

You can go to some much earlier than others and most of them are aligned with either Pfizer or Moderna as well.

Vaccine.gov.sg should be open now for preregistration for your age group and you should be able to get an almost immediate appointment.

Jalan Besar CC is Pfizer.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Post by therat » Mon, 12 Apr 2021 9:09 am

four vaccination centres that will offer the Moderna vaccine are at Hong Kah North Community Club (CC), Marsiling CC, Punggol 21 CC and Radin Mas CC.

[i remove Today Link. I think cannot post link]

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Addadude » Mon, 12 Apr 2021 10:29 am

malcontent wrote:
Sun, 11 Apr 2021 11:30 pm
Where exactly are these vaccination given? I hope it won’t be at the community centre... I’ve seen the goings on there and at any given time there are dozens upon dozens of people sitting on these folding chairs waiting for their turn. Ugh, that seems like it could take at least half the day, if not more.
I got my Moderna shot at Radin Mas community centre last week and it was a cake walk. My appointment was for 6pm. I got there about 5:35 and there was literally no queue so the security uncle waved me in. I didn't even get a chance to sit down before I was called in to register. I had barely registered before I was summoned for my shot. Waited the 30 mins to ensure I didn't drop dead and then off I went. Total time spent: 43 mins.
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 12 Apr 2021 10:51 am

malcontent wrote:
Sun, 11 Apr 2021 11:30 pm
Where exactly are these vaccination given? I hope it won’t be at the community centre... I’ve seen the goings on there and at any given time there are dozens upon dozens of people sitting on these folding chairs waiting for their turn. Ugh, that seems like it could take at least half the day, if not more.
That was my expectation as well. Yes, they are given at the community centre. But the process is not tedious and lengthy like you’ve described. Rather, its the opposite. Both rounds for my father took less than an hour, around 45 minutes each time. While there were other people there, things moved very quickly and the whole process seemed very organized.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 12 Apr 2021 10:59 am

PNGMK wrote:
Mon, 12 Apr 2021 6:30 am
Mal, yes you choose which CC you want to go to.

You can go to some much earlier than others and most of them are aligned with either Pfizer or Moderna as well.

Vaccine.gov.sg should be open now for preregistration for your age group and you should be able to get an almost immediate appointment.

Jalan Besar CC is Pfizer.
Bukit Timah CC uses Pfizer as well. Does anyone know when the Sinovac vaccine will be approved? To my knowledge Singapore has already received a large shipment of the vaccine, but its yet to be approved. I’m concerned that having it sit around for so long may have an effect on its efficacy.

bro75
Reporter
Reporter

Post by bro75 » Mon, 12 Apr 2021 11:01 am

I did mine at Serangoon North CC. It was very fast. I arrived 15 minutes before my schedule and the whole process took about an hour including the 30 minutes post jab rest.

MikeJones
Chatter
Chatter

Post by MikeJones » Mon, 12 Apr 2021 12:26 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Mon, 12 Apr 2021 10:59 am
... Does anyone know when the Sinovac vaccine will be approved? To my knowledge Singapore has already received a large shipment of the vaccine, but its yet to be approved. I’m concerned that having it sit around for so long may have an effect on its efficacy.
A couple of weeks ago it was reported that the HSA had asked for more information from the vaccine maker and given todays news: https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east- ... cy-of-jabs I'm guessing they are in no hurry to approve it.

Mike

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 12 Apr 2021 12:34 pm

MikeJones wrote:
Mon, 12 Apr 2021 12:26 pm
Lisafuller wrote:
Mon, 12 Apr 2021 10:59 am
... Does anyone know when the Sinovac vaccine will be approved? To my knowledge Singapore has already received a large shipment of the vaccine, but its yet to be approved. I’m concerned that having it sit around for so long may have an effect on its efficacy.
A couple of weeks ago it was reported that the HSA had asked for more information from the vaccine maker and given todays news: https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east- ... cy-of-jabs I'm guessing they are in no hurry to approve it.

Mike
Wow, the article says Sinovac claims a 50% efficacy rate in preventing infection. Thats terrible! I can see why the government is in no hurry to rush the approval.

ProvenPracticalFlexible
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ProvenPracticalFlexible » Mon, 12 Apr 2021 3:44 pm

There's a full list what vaccine is available in each vaccination center:
https://www.vaccine.gov.sg/locations-vcs

some are a bit slower and busier, especially at the end of the day if queues have been accumulating over the day. I spend a bit over 1h in TampinesHub, but not too bad, as 30 min of that is the mandatory after needle surveillance.

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter

Post by MOCHS » Mon, 12 Apr 2021 10:13 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Mon, 12 Apr 2021 12:34 pm
Wow, the article says Sinovac claims a 50% efficacy rate in preventing infection. Thats terrible!
In the eyes of a scientist, 50% protection is better than no protection at all. I do know some people who prefer Sinovac as it is the traditional inactivated virus compared to the new mRNA vaccine done by Pfizer and Moderna. Anyway, if anyone still has doubts on mRNA vaccines, you can google Anthony Fauci explaining it. There are plenty of visual comics online that explain it too.

I tried searching for published data in Jan for Sinovac and got nothing. However in the next month, there was data published for Phase 1/2 trials. (It’s also known as Coronavac so don’t get too confused by the names.)

As of Jan, Phase 3 trials were underway too. So I guess that’s where MOH’s request for “more data” comes from.

Sinovac is stable between 2 to 8°C (aka fridge temperature) for up to 3 years so whatever is in SG is not going to spoil any time soon.

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Tue, 13 Apr 2021 12:37 am

Any idea how many doses Singapore has of Pfizer/Moderna? Enough to vaccinate the entire resident population?

I can’t find any stats other than the 200k doses of Sinovac... received, but not yet approved. Maybe they can donate them to another country... sayang.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 13 Apr 2021 6:16 am

malcontent wrote:
Tue, 13 Apr 2021 12:37 am
Any idea how many doses Singapore has of Pfizer/Moderna? Enough to vaccinate the entire resident population?

I can’t find any stats other than the 200k doses of Sinovac... received, but not yet approved. Maybe they can donate them to another country... sayang.
I believe it's classified info Mal.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 13 Apr 2021 9:25 am

Just got my 1st jab at Hong Kah cc, all together took ca 38 min.

therat
Editor
Editor

Post by therat » Tue, 13 Apr 2021 10:14 am

https://www.vaccine.gov.sg/locations

which location having which vaccine