Singapore Expats

How to use your Rediscover Vouchers

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

How to use your Rediscover Vouchers

Post by abbby » Sat, 06 Mar 2021 4:18 pm

They expire on 30 June 2021.

1. Log in to singaporerediscovers.life.gov.sg

or

1. Book your stays through Look, GlobalTix and Traveloka.

If you can't find the hotel of your choice, you can contact the hotel to check if vouchers are applicable for your stay.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: How to use your Rediscover Vouchers

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 06 Mar 2021 7:53 pm

Yeah, how to spend money you normally wouldn't have spent in the first place.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 08 Mar 2021 10:52 am

Haha SMS, totally agree. The government offers a $100 voucher but you inevitably end up spending more than the value of the voucher so they earn money anyway.

nelyanne
Regular
Regular

Post by nelyanne » Wed, 21 Apr 2021 4:29 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Mon, 08 Mar 2021 10:52 am
Haha SMS, totally agree. The government offers a $100 voucher but you inevitably end up spending more than the value of the voucher so they earn money anyway.
This is not true. Hotels are not the only option (for me, it would be the worst option). Can be spent at SEA Aquarium or other attractions.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 21 Apr 2021 4:56 pm

nelyanne wrote:
Wed, 21 Apr 2021 4:29 pm
Lisafuller wrote:
Mon, 08 Mar 2021 10:52 am
This is not true. Hotels are not the only option (for me, it would be the worst option). Can be spent at SEA Aquarium or other attractions.
Yep, you can go to these other attractions and unless you are a zero without a family or friend, (go alone) invariably you and your family/friend will eat at overpriced food courts or fast food, possibly spend taxi money instead of taking the bus, etc, etc. Oh, if you have small small kids you will have to buy at least a small toy/souvenir for each of them. Yeah, 95% of the time I think it is true. And, if it's something that you would normally do, then you probably have already done it recently anyway without waiting for the vouchers. But, if it isn't true for you, great. :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 22 Apr 2021 11:32 am

Exactly. I booked an iFly indoor skydiving session using my voucher a week ago. Our daughter was not old enough to qualify for the voucher at the time of issue (she is turning 18 this year), so we had to foot the cost of her ticket. At $90 each, we ended up spending an extra $70, not including the food and drinks that we inevitably ended up buying.