Singapore Expats Forum
 

EP Processing Time Feb 2021 / Mar 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Kumar12345
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 1:26 am

Re: EP Processing Time Feb 2021 / Mar 2021

Post by Kumar12345 » Wed, 24 Mar 2021 12:09 pm

Mine was applied 4 Feb and I hope it gets approved by end of this week

m4yank
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu, 06 Jun 2019 6:21 pm

Re: EP Processing Time Feb 2021 / Mar 2021

Post by m4yank » Wed, 24 Mar 2021 12:13 pm

I hope so too bro! All the best and keep us posted :)
Kumar12345 wrote:
Wed, 24 Mar 2021 12:09 pm
Mine was applied 4 Feb and I hope it gets approved by end of this week

JK_JK
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 1:05 pm

Re: EP Processing Time Feb 2021 / Mar 2021

Post by JK_JK » Wed, 24 Mar 2021 2:36 pm

m4yank wrote:
Tue, 23 Mar 2021 2:43 pm
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Tue, 23 Mar 2021 2:34 pm
There was something recently as last week in the Straits Times about EPs taking longer to process (this from the relevant government ministry) so, while it is nerve-wracking, just bear with it. Covid is a bitch and has everything screwed up and not just here. I think the article mention either 6 or 8 weeks but again, it's not an exact science. never has been. I've had EP approved in half a day and in a month in years gone by. Depends on what they suspect, or can/cannot verify. A number of years ago, when a fair number of bogus degrees were found 6 months after the relevant work passes were granted, a large number of people were caught and sent packing. I lost two employees due to that purge. Ever since, verification of credentials is now taking place before the issuance of passes. And with covid it's just made matters worse as more and more are WFH and cannot get to universities, schools, etc. to access records to verify data. It is what it is.
Noted! Thank you for the insight :) I hope it comes soon too! :)
May I know if you have applied through an MNC or any local agency

m4yank
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu, 06 Jun 2019 6:21 pm

Re: EP Processing Time Feb 2021 / Mar 2021

Post by m4yank » Wed, 24 Mar 2021 2:41 pm

The company its applied for is a local company, and applied by a recruiting firm.
JK_JK wrote:
Wed, 24 Mar 2021 2:36 pm
m4yank wrote:
Tue, 23 Mar 2021 2:43 pm
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Tue, 23 Mar 2021 2:34 pm
min
There was something recently as last week in the Straits Times about EPs taking longer to process (this from the relevant government ministry) so, while it is nerve-wracking, just bear with it. Covid is a bitch and has everything screwed up and not just here. I think the article mention either 6 or 8 weeks but again, it's not an exact science. never has been. I've had EP approved in half a day and in a month in years gone by. Depends on what they suspect, or can/cannot verify. A number of years ago, when a fair number of bogus degrees were found 6 months after the relevant work passes were granted, a large number of people were caught and sent packing. I lost two employees due to that purge. Ever since, verification of credentials is now taking place before the issuance of passes. And with covid it's just made matters worse as more and more are WFH and cannot get to universities, schools, etc. to access records to verify data. It is what it is.
Noted! Thank you for the insight :) I hope it comes soon too! :)
May I know if you have applied through an MNC or any local agency

JK_JK
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 1:05 pm

Re: EP Processing Time Feb 2021 / Mar 2021

Post by JK_JK » Wed, 24 Mar 2021 6:18 pm

m4yank wrote:
Wed, 24 Mar 2021 2:41 pm
The company its applied for is a local company, and applied by a recruiting firm.
JK_JK wrote:
Wed, 24 Mar 2021 2:36 pm
m4yank wrote:
Tue, 23 Mar 2021 2:43 pm

Similar to my case.. hope our EP will be approved soon

Noted! Thank you for the insight :) I hope it comes soon too! :)
May I know if you have applied through an MNC or any local agency

geloangelo101
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 7:30 pm

Re: EP Processing Time Feb 2021 / Mar 2021

Post by geloangelo101 » Wed, 24 Mar 2021 8:00 pm

geloangelo101 wrote:
Thu, 18 Mar 2021 7:32 pm
Hi here's my status as of now. I will update if my status change.

Applied March 12,2021
Status: Pending
Direct Company
1 year and 7 months here in SG.
6 years + experience on IT
Hi guys just to update that my pass is approved by today. 8 days processing (without weekends) total of 12 calendar days (with weekends). Pray and patience is the key. All the best to all of you those who are still pending. :) :)

Kumar12345
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 1:26 am

Re: EP Processing Time Feb 2021 / Mar 2021

Post by Kumar12345 » Wed, 24 Mar 2021 8:08 pm

Congratulation.. that was quick.

Was it new EP approval or Renewal of existing pass?

m4yank
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu, 06 Jun 2019 6:21 pm

Re: EP Processing Time Feb 2021 / Mar 2021

Post by m4yank » Thu, 25 Mar 2021 12:28 pm

Need some advice from you.. so my current EP expires somewhere end of June, my HR is now pushing me to decide what I'd like to do either continue or resign else the time is running out for renewal (sort of pressure to decide asap), what do you recommend, what should I be doing? Ideally, I wanted to have the new EP in my hand to make a decision.
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Tue, 23 Mar 2021 2:34 pm
There was something recently as last week in the Straits Times about EPs taking longer to process (this from the relevant government ministry) so, while it is nerve-wracking, just bear with it. Covid is a bitch and has everything screwed up and not just here. I think the article mention either 6 or 8 weeks but again, it's not an exact science. never has been. I've had EP approved in half a day and in a month in years gone by. Depends on what they suspect, or can/cannot verify. A number of years ago, when a fair number of bogus degrees were found 6 months after the relevant work passes were granted, a large number of people were caught and sent packing. I lost two employees due to that purge. Ever since, verification of credentials is now taking place before the issuance of passes. And with covid it's just made matters worse as more and more are WFH and cannot get to universities, schools, etc. to access records to verify data. It is what it is.

LuluLily
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon, 11 May 2020 6:11 pm

Re: EP Processing Time Feb 2021 / Mar 2021

Post by LuluLily » Thu, 25 Mar 2021 12:52 pm

This is true. Happening to me right now. After my pass got applied, MOM came back to the company asking for some global certification verifying that I graduated from my bachelor's university. I have been in Singapore for 7+ years now and have changed jobs a couple of times too and this is the first time that MOM suddenly asked to verify my university certificate. So yeah, I think that is what's causing the delay in the approval. The company's HR was updating me about the status, hence, I know about this additional step.
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Tue, 23 Mar 2021 2:34 pm
There was something recently as last week in the Straits Times about EPs taking longer to process (this from the relevant government ministry) so, while it is nerve-wracking, just bear with it. Covid is a bitch and has everything screwed up and not just here. I think the article mention either 6 or 8 weeks but again, it's not an exact science. never has been. I've had EP approved in half a day and in a month in years gone by. Depends on what they suspect, or can/cannot verify. A number of years ago, when a fair number of bogus degrees were found 6 months after the relevant work passes were granted, a large number of people were caught and sent packing. I lost two employees due to that purge. Ever since, verification of credentials is now taking place before the issuance of passes. And with covid it's just made matters worse as more and more are WFH and cannot get to universities, schools, etc. to access records to verify data. It is what it is.
In a world where you can be anything, be kind.

LuluLily
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon, 11 May 2020 6:11 pm

Re: EP Processing Time Feb 2021 / Mar 2021

Post by LuluLily » Thu, 25 Mar 2021 12:59 pm

We are almost in the same situation.. New company applied for my EP, then MOM asked for that certification verifying my bachelor's certificate from my university using MOM's accredited agency. That'll take 18+ days to process. Meantime, my existing pass is expiring on May 9th. So my new company decided to engage with the MOM accredited agency to get my certificate verified, withdrew the EP application to give way to my current company to renew my pass.

Now my EP has been renewed (with the current company). But still waiting for the MOM's accredited agency to issue that certificate (I don't know why it's taking that long , to be honest). And we are not just waiting for the certification to come through so my new company can apply for my EP again.
m4yank wrote:
Thu, 25 Mar 2021 12:28 pm
Need some advice from you.. so my current EP expires somewhere end of June, my HR is now pushing me to decide what I'd like to do either continue or resign else the time is running out for renewal (sort of pressure to decide asap), what do you recommend, what should I be doing? Ideally, I wanted to have the new EP in my hand to make a decision.
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Tue, 23 Mar 2021 2:34 pm
There was something recently as last week in the Straits Times about EPs taking longer to process (this from the relevant government ministry) so, while it is nerve-wracking, just bear with it. Covid is a bitch and has everything screwed up and not just here. I think the article mention either 6 or 8 weeks but again, it's not an exact science. never has been. I've had EP approved in half a day and in a month in years gone by. Depends on what they suspect, or can/cannot verify. A number of years ago, when a fair number of bogus degrees were found 6 months after the relevant work passes were granted, a large number of people were caught and sent packing. I lost two employees due to that purge. Ever since, verification of credentials is now taking place before the issuance of passes. And with covid it's just made matters worse as more and more are WFH and cannot get to universities, schools, etc. to access records to verify data. It is what it is.
In a world where you can be anything, be kind.

m4yank
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu, 06 Jun 2019 6:21 pm

Re: EP Processing Time Feb 2021 / Mar 2021

Post by m4yank » Thu, 25 Mar 2021 3:08 pm

Thanks for sharing, so your current employer knew about this new application?
LuluLily wrote:
Thu, 25 Mar 2021 12:59 pm
We are almost in the same situation.. New company applied for my EP, then MOM asked for that certification verifying my bachelor's certificate from my university using MOM's accredited agency. That'll take 18+ days to process. Meantime, my existing pass is expiring on May 9th. So my new company decided to engage with the MOM accredited agency to get my certificate verified, withdrew the EP application to give way to my current company to renew my pass.

Now my EP has been renewed (with the current company). But still waiting for the MOM's accredited agency to issue that certificate (I don't know why it's taking that long , to be honest). And we are not just waiting for the certification to come through so my new company can apply for my EP again.
m4yank wrote:
Thu, 25 Mar 2021 12:28 pm
Need some advice from you.. so my current EP expires somewhere end of June, my HR is now pushing me to decide what I'd like to do either continue or resign else the time is running out for renewal (sort of pressure to decide asap), what do you recommend, what should I be doing? Ideally, I wanted to have the new EP in my hand to make a decision.
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Tue, 23 Mar 2021 2:34 pm
There was something recently as last week in the Straits Times about EPs taking longer to process (this from the relevant government ministry) so, while it is nerve-wracking, just bear with it. Covid is a bitch and has everything screwed up and not just here. I think the article mention either 6 or 8 weeks but again, it's not an exact science. never has been. I've had EP approved in half a day and in a month in years gone by. Depends on what they suspect, or can/cannot verify. A number of years ago, when a fair number of bogus degrees were found 6 months after the relevant work passes were granted, a large number of people were caught and sent packing. I lost two employees due to that purge. Ever since, verification of credentials is now taking place before the issuance of passes. And with covid it's just made matters worse as more and more are WFH and cannot get to universities, schools, etc. to access records to verify data. It is what it is.

LuluLily
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon, 11 May 2020 6:11 pm

Re: EP Processing Time Feb 2021 / Mar 2021

Post by LuluLily » Thu, 25 Mar 2021 3:18 pm

Nope. That's why the new company had to withdraw their application first before I get my current company to renew my pass. Just to be safe. :)
m4yank wrote:
Thu, 25 Mar 2021 3:08 pm
Thanks for sharing, so your current employer knew about this new application?
In a world where you can be anything, be kind.

m4yank
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu, 06 Jun 2019 6:21 pm

Re: EP Processing Time Feb 2021 / Mar 2021

Post by m4yank » Thu, 25 Mar 2021 3:20 pm

Somehow in my case, my current employer knows, as they tried to apply for my renewal before time without me being informed about it.
LuluLily wrote:
Thu, 25 Mar 2021 3:18 pm
Nope. That's why the new company had to withdraw their application first before I get my current company to renew my pass. Just to be safe. :)
m4yank wrote:
Thu, 25 Mar 2021 3:08 pm
Thanks for sharing, so your current employer knew about this new application?

LuluLily
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon, 11 May 2020 6:11 pm

Re: EP Processing Time Feb 2021 / Mar 2021

Post by LuluLily » Thu, 25 Mar 2021 3:31 pm

Hmmm.. that's very tricky then. What's the timeline like with your new ep?
m4yank wrote:
Thu, 25 Mar 2021 3:20 pm
Somehow in my case, my current employer knows, as they tried to apply for my renewal before time without me being informed about it.
In a world where you can be anything, be kind.

m4yank
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu, 06 Jun 2019 6:21 pm

Re: EP Processing Time Feb 2021 / Mar 2021

Post by m4yank » Thu, 25 Mar 2021 3:37 pm

Correct. Applied on 8th Feb, I got to know just now they'd another query for which they submitted docs on 8th March.
LuluLily wrote:
Thu, 25 Mar 2021 3:31 pm
Hmmm.. that's very tricky then. What's the timeline like with your new ep?
m4yank wrote:
Thu, 25 Mar 2021 3:20 pm
Somehow in my case, my current employer knows, as they tried to apply for my renewal before time without me being informed about it.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests