Singapore Expats

EP Processing Time Feb 2021 / Mar 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: EP Processing Time Feb 2021 / Mar 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 09 Apr 2021 6:08 pm

LuluLily wrote:
Fri, 09 Apr 2021 6:01 pm
Yes, I've tried the SAT tool and I do qualify for EP, salary range is above the required base salary for EP too.

Also, I want to ask, base on your experience. Will it affect the approval if the application has been withdrawn and re-applied again after a few weeks?
withdrawn and reapplied by the same company and same post? why will they do that?

LuluLily
Regular
Regular

Post by LuluLily » Fri, 09 Apr 2021 6:17 pm

Ok i'll try to summarize my answer...

After my employer submitted the application, they were asked for the verification of certificate so they engaged with RMI. It will take RMI roughly about 18 days to revert.

At that time, my existing pass is expiring on May 2021, so the decision was to get that renewed first so I can serve my notice for two months later on without hassle of an expired pass while still serving notice.

Which means, the new employer will have to withdraw their application (so my current company can renew my pass), while waiting for RMI to revert with the verified doc.

When RMI reverted and my expiring pass was renewed, new employer reapplied for my employment pass.

Hope my explanation is clear..

singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 09 Apr 2021 6:08 pm
withdrawn and reapplied by the same company and same post? why will they do that?
In a world where you can be anything, be kind.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 09 Apr 2021 7:27 pm

LuluLily wrote:
Fri, 09 Apr 2021 6:17 pm
Ok i'll try to summarize my answer...

After my employer submitted the application, they were asked for the verification of certificate so they engaged with RMI. It will take RMI roughly about 18 days to revert.

At that time, my existing pass is expiring on May 2021, so the decision was to get that renewed first so I can serve my notice for two months later on without hassle of an expired pass while still serving notice.

Which means, the new employer will have to withdraw their application (so my current company can renew my pass), while waiting for RMI to revert with the verified doc.

When RMI reverted and my expiring pass was renewed, new employer reapplied for my employment pass.

Hope my explanation is clear..

singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 09 Apr 2021 6:08 pm
Mostly should be OK. How long were you with the current company and how long overall in SG?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 09 Apr 2021 10:03 pm

LuluLily wrote:
Yes, I've tried the SAT tool and I do qualify for EP, salary range is above the required base salary for EP too.

Also, I want to ask, base on your experience. Will it affect the approval if the application has been withdrawn and re-applied again after a few weeks?
singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 09 Apr 2021 5:51 pm
But have you tried the SAT tool? if it says you are eligible, you can be comforted that you still have a good chance for EP.
Okay, everybody seems to have misconstrued the SAT tool or their Ingirish is wanting. The SAT TOOL ONLY DETERMINES IF YOU ARE QUALIFIED TO APPLY FOR A GIVEN TYPE OF PASS. It does not imply one way or another if you are qualified for the pass itself. This will be determined on your application information and the employers background as well. Please people, read for context. It's starting to get old.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

LuluLily
Regular
Regular

Post by LuluLily » Sat, 10 Apr 2021 10:23 am

I'll be two years with this company on May.
I've been in Singapore for 7. 9 years.
singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 09 Apr 2021 7:27 pm
Mostly should be OK. How long were you with the current company and how long overall in SG?

LuluLily
Regular
Regular

Post by LuluLily » Mon, 12 Apr 2021 9:50 am

I don't get the context of this, but the first statement is not related to the next paragraph.. if that's what you're picking on. :)
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Fri, 09 Apr 2021 10:03 pm
LuluLily wrote:

singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 09 Apr 2021 5:51 pm
But have you tried the SAT tool? if it says you are eligible, you can be comforted that you still have a good chance for EP.
Okay, everybody seems to have misconstrued the SAT tool or their Ingirish is wanting. The SAT TOOL ONLY DETERMINES IF YOU ARE QUALIFIED TO APPLY FOR A GIVEN TYPE OF PASS. It does not imply one way or another if you are qualified for the pass itself. This will be determined on your application information and the employers background as well. Please people, read for context. It's starting to get old.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 12 Apr 2021 4:12 pm

It's pretty clear what is written on the MOM site with regard to the SAT tool. It doesn't say if you are okay via the SAT tool that you are qualified for the EP. It is only saying that you are qualified to apply for the pass. Permission to send in an application is one thing (SAT) qualifying for and obtaining the EP itself is another. Why is that so hard to understand. The SAT is to weed out most of the applicants who want to "just try their luck" MOM has a hard enough job without have to wade through thousands of absolutely useless applications. SAT is there to try to stave off some of the flood of useless work required to get rid of the chaff to find the wheat. But one has to remember not all wheats are created equal either. Not all, even though they are wheat, are suitable for the bread that MOM wants to bake.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

LuluLily
Regular
Regular

Post by LuluLily » Mon, 12 Apr 2021 4:40 pm

I understand what the SAT tool is for. Thank you for repeating that since you're the expert here and no one else is.

What I don't understand why you have to bring that up.

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mon, 12 Apr 2021 4:12 pm
It's pretty clear what is written on the MOM site with regard to the SAT tool. It doesn't say if you are okay via the SAT tool that you are qualified for the EP. It is only saying that you are qualified to apply for the pass. Permission to send in an application is one thing (SAT) qualifying for and obtaining the EP itself is another. Why is that so hard to understand. The SAT is to weed out most of the applicants who want to "just try their luck" MOM has a hard enough job without have to wade through thousands of absolutely useless applications. SAT is there to try to stave off some of the flood of useless work required to get rid of the chaff to find the wheat. But one has to remember not all wheats are created equal either. Not all, even though they are wheat, are suitable for the bread that MOM wants to bake.

LuluLily
Regular
Regular

Post by LuluLily » Mon, 12 Apr 2021 4:43 pm

Anyway, thank you to all the kind people here who have been very supportive of each other. I know waiting for our pass is stressful enough that having a condescending tone around is not helping the anxiety during this waiting period.

I am updating this group because there have been really kind souls patiently sharing their experiences and it has really helped lift our hopes up somehow. I am happy to share that I have been approved this morning. My EP was applied last March 26.

All the best to those who are still waiting, I sincerely wish you all the best.
Last edited by LuluLily on Mon, 12 Apr 2021 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 12 Apr 2021 4:48 pm

LuluLily wrote:
Mon, 12 Apr 2021 4:43 pm
Anyway, thank you to all the kind people here who have been very supportive of each other. I know waiting for our pass is stressful enough that having a condescending tone around is not helping the anxiety during this waiting period.

I am updating this group because there have been really kind souls patiently sharing their experiences and it has really helped lift our hopes somehow. I am happy to share that I have been approved this morning. My EP was applied last March 26.

All the best to those who are still waiting, I sincerely wish you all the best.
Congrats. Thanks for coming back and updating.

Everydayisfriday

Post by Everydayisfriday » Wed, 14 Apr 2021 10:02 pm

Hi All

Question for the group: my company applied (online) for new EP for me on 5 April 2021. I’m currently located outside SG and hoping to relocate to SG next month. I used to hold PR about 10yrs ago but it lapsed when I returned to my home country for a new job. However, I’ve kept my CPF in Sg and never withdrawn it and paid all taxes when I exited. I’m in professional services sector and in the high salary range.

Is it likely that MOM will process my EP quickly or will it take longer than the 3 weeks?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 14 Apr 2021 10:13 pm

Everydayisfriday wrote:
Wed, 14 Apr 2021 10:02 pm
Hi All

Question for the group: my company applied (online) for new EP for me on 5 April 2021. I’m currently located outside SG and hoping to relocate to SG next month. I used to hold PR about 10yrs ago but it lapsed when I returned to my home country for a new job. However, I’ve kept my CPF in Sg and never withdrawn it and paid all taxes when I exited. I’m in professional services sector and in the high salary range.

Is it likely that MOM will process my EP quickly or will it take longer than the 3 weeks?
Being an ex PR will not have any impact on fast tracking your EP application.

Everydayisfriday

Post by Everydayisfriday » Wed, 14 Apr 2021 10:57 pm

Got it - thanks. Hopefully it’s at least processed within the expected 3 week timeframe....

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 15 Apr 2021 3:00 am

If you left your CPF in situ and fully intact, you shouldn't have any real problem getting an EP.

Everydayisfriday

Post by Everydayisfriday » Thu, 15 Apr 2021 11:02 am

Thanks - yeah that’s what I’m hoping! Just as I got my PR the GFC hit but luckily I got a new job back in my home country - so there’s not much in my CPF 😂. However I kept it in place just in case I ever returned (and now I’m returning in the middle of a pandemic....).

Actually, this may be a diff topic but - if I get my Employment Pass and reenter SG - do you know if my previous PR status reactivates (ie I need to start paying CPF again) ....or has my previous PR status completely expired and, to get PR again, I would have to re-apply...

Appreciate your insights!