Singapore Expats

EP Processing Time Feb 2021 / Mar 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
p4tric

Re: EP Processing Time Feb 2021 / Mar 2021

Post by p4tric » Fri, 02 Apr 2021 12:53 am

Hi guys, my application date was 25th of Jan 2021, is it still ok to wait? Guys from theoptimum.net submitted the EP application and status is still PENDING.

gufiri

Post by gufiri » Fri, 02 Apr 2021 9:30 am

Hi all,

I’ve been a silent reader on this topic and been blessed from this helpful community. My EP application has just got approved this morning and so I want to share my story as a contribution:

EP application start: 16/03/2021
EP approved: 02/04/2021

Applied EP because I’m changing job. This is my second time applying for EP. Has undergrad degree from local public uni and with less than 1 year work experience (10 months).

Tbh, I felt quite anxious throughout the application as I’m relatively not experienced, since I only has been working for 10 months, and from what I’ve read online, MoM dislike job-hopper. Furthermore, there’s a whooping 40% increase in my salary compared to my current one, so I’m worried my new salary doesn’t commensurate with my experience.

But yeah, lucky I got approved. So, best of luck for those still waiting!

LuluLily
Regular
Regular

Post by LuluLily » Mon, 05 Apr 2021 9:45 am

Perhaps ask your employer for updates? It is possible that MOM asked them for more documents and your employers just didn't update you on the progress ? Won't hurt to communicate with your employer.
p4tric wrote:
Fri, 02 Apr 2021 12:53 am
Hi guys, my application date was 25th of Jan 2021, is it still ok to wait? Guys from theoptimum.net submitted the EP application and status is still PENDING.
In a world where you can be anything, be kind.

LuluLily
Regular
Regular

Post by LuluLily » Wed, 07 Apr 2021 9:20 am

Anyone else here still with pending EP application?

Julsub

Post by Julsub » Wed, 07 Apr 2021 10:21 am

Yes submitted on March 12, 2021. It is still pending.

LuluLily
Regular
Regular

Post by LuluLily » Thu, 08 Apr 2021 10:03 am

Hi, would you know if MOM request for any additional documents from you or your employer during those 8 days?
geloangelo101 wrote:
Thu, 18 Mar 2021 7:32 pm
Hi guys just to update that my pass is approved by today. 8 days processing (without weekends) total of 12 calendar days (with weekends). Pray and patience is the key. All the best to all of you those who are still pending. :) :)

LuluLily
Regular
Regular

Post by LuluLily » Thu, 08 Apr 2021 10:15 am

Anyone else here with a pending EP application and how long has it been?

nguyen_vn

Post by nguyen_vn » Fri, 09 Apr 2021 6:41 am

LuluLily wrote:
Thu, 08 Apr 2021 10:15 am
My application was submitted on 22 Feb. Still pending :(

LuluLily
Regular
Regular

Post by LuluLily » Fri, 09 Apr 2021 11:45 am

Have you checked with HR what is causing the delay? Maybe MOM reached out to HR?
nguyen_vn wrote:
Fri, 09 Apr 2021 6:41 am
LuluLily wrote:
Thu, 08 Apr 2021 10:15 am
My application was submitted on 22 Feb. Still pending :(

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 09 Apr 2021 2:02 pm

As Nguyen_VN is from VN, the MOM may be having a hard time getting confirmation/verification for any documents/degrees/diplomas. In years gone by, usually if the docs looks generally okay, passes were issued to allow employers to put them to work, however around 4 or 5 years ago, they found a huge bunch of fraudulent degrees from some of our neighboring countries for people who had now been on the job for 4 to 6 months or longer. The MOM sent field teams (3 man teams) to each employer who had somebody working for them that had been found out to have submitted bad docs. I know. I was the HR & Fin Mgr of the SME I worked for and I lost two S pass Technicians on the spot. They were out in the field and had to be called back to the office and the MOM team waited for them. They were taken and locked up until they could be deported back to their country (and banned from future employment here). Now MOM vets all BEFORE issuing the relevant work passes. This is why is sometimes takes an unheard of length of time. Covid hasn't made verification of documents any easier in most of these countries either. It is what it is.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

LuluLily
Regular
Regular

Post by LuluLily » Fri, 09 Apr 2021 2:55 pm

What is the verified documents (issued by RMI) was submitted along with the application of employment pass, will that be faster to get approved?
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Fri, 09 Apr 2021 2:02 pm
As Nguyen_VN is from VN, the MOM may be having a hard time getting confirmation/verification for any documents/degrees/diplomas. In years gone by, usually if the docs looks generally okay, passes were issued to allow employers to put them to work, however around 4 or 5 years ago, they found a huge bunch of fraudulent degrees from some of our neighboring countries for people who had now been on the job for 4 to 6 months or longer. The MOM sent field teams (3 man teams) to each employer who had somebody working for them that had been found out to have submitted bad docs. I know. I was the HR & Fin Mgr of the SME I worked for and I lost two S pass Technicians on the spot. They were out in the field and had to be called back to the office and the MOM team waited for them. They were taken and locked up until they could be deported back to their country (and banned from future employment here). Now MOM vets all BEFORE issuing the relevant work passes. This is why is sometimes takes an unheard of length of time. Covid hasn't made verification of documents any easier in most of these countries either. It is what it is.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 09 Apr 2021 3:07 pm

Only the relevant issuing entity can verify the original documents by searching their own databases/files. Even if you submit notarized copies, that only says the copy is a true copy of the document presented to them. It doesn't verify that the original document is real or a counterfeit document. It is what it is. When people try to scam the ministries, all who follow will pay the price. All you can do is give them exactly what they ask for. Don't give them a reason to reject. Flooding them with docs that they don't want to see only will aggravate the situation. That's why applications went to fully online so people couldn't flood them with garbage. And when they ask for a specific document, that is all they want.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

LuluLily
Regular
Regular

Post by LuluLily » Fri, 09 Apr 2021 5:21 pm

Completely understand what you're saying.

But the document I was referring to was the document they asked for anyway when my pass was initially applied. RMI is the third-party agency accredited by MOM to verify the documents you are referring to.

So when MOM requested for the verification, my employer decided to withdraw the application so that I can renew my existing pass first (as it was expiring soon), while they process the verification with RMI.

Hope that gives you more clarity.

My question is - will the approval of employment pass be faster now, given that when my employer reapplied for my pass, they already included the verified document by RMI ?
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Fri, 09 Apr 2021 3:07 pm
Only the relevant issuing entity can verify the original documents by searching their own databases/files. Even if you submit notarized copies, that only says the copy is a true copy of the document presented to them. It doesn't verify that the original document is real or a counterfeit document. It is what it is. When people try to scam the ministries, all who follow will pay the price. All you can do is give them exactly what they ask for. Don't give them a reason to reject. Flooding them with docs that they don't want to see only will aggravate the situation. That's why applications went to fully online so people couldn't flood them with garbage. And when they ask for a specific document, that is all they want.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 09 Apr 2021 5:51 pm

LuluLily wrote:
Fri, 09 Apr 2021 5:21 pm

My question is - will the approval of employment pass be faster now, given that when my employer reapplied for my pass, they already included the verified document by RMI ?
No one here can answer this. Because, we wont know if there is an internal queue or pile of applications waiting, etc?

What we know is if they ask for something and you have given them, you have dont your duty and just need to wait for the outcome. But whether it will be positive or negative - no one here will know.

example: the document that they asked from you is basic and thats why they have asked it. But after this they have other detailed criteria to check, etc. No one will know

But have you tried the SAT tool? if it says you are eligible, you can be comforted that you still have a good chance for EP.

LuluLily
Regular
Regular

Post by LuluLily » Fri, 09 Apr 2021 6:01 pm

Yes, I've tried the SAT tool and I do qualify for EP, salary range is above the required base salary for EP too.

Also, I want to ask, base on your experience. Will it affect the approval if the application has been withdrawn and re-applied again after a few weeks?
singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 09 Apr 2021 5:51 pm
But have you tried the SAT tool? if it says you are eligible, you can be comforted that you still have a good chance for EP.
Last edited by LuluLily on Fri, 09 Apr 2021 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.