Singapore Expats

PR Approved 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
smoulder
Editor
Editor

Re: PR Approved 2021

Post by smoulder » Sat, 08 May 2021 1:25 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Fri, 07 May 2021 11:16 pm
Sorry, simple_guy, but there is not a simple_answer. There is much we do not know about the decision making criteria, other than what we have gathered over the years and modified as and when we see different outcomes for positions that may or may not have made it in earlier years. The government uses moveable goalposts in EVERYTHING they do. It's how they survive as the have the ability to turn on a dime to a rapidly changing world. Because Singapore is small and they have a stable majority in the government, they can literally change their positions overnight, just like the return to Phase 2 yesterday. Welcome to the reality of Singapore where NOTHING is written in stone.
Right. The scenario I mentioned above is just one of probably several ones which are probably not known. Safe to say though, that the gahmen values demonstrable integration.

I know my own country folks very well and when I see some of the profiles of people here who are rejected, I can almost say with certainty that they are not quite integrating. Somehow, the gahmen is able to figure these things out these days.

FelineDuos

Post by FelineDuos » Sun, 09 May 2021 7:58 pm

Hi,

I applied last Sept 18 2020 under spouse sponsorship still waiting.

Going 8 yrs in SG. Currently on LTVP.

Last application was 2 yrs ago. Rejected due to I have existing LTVP pass as per ICA rejection letter.

Anyone experience same and end up approved on the year when LTVP is expiring?

My LTVP is expiring Oct 2021.

truthhurts1
Chatter
Chatter

Post by truthhurts1 » Tue, 18 May 2021 2:28 pm

simple_guy wrote:
Fri, 07 May 2021 10:28 pm
smoulder wrote:
Fri, 07 May 2021 10:11 pm
the observer wrote:
Fri, 07 May 2021 9:54 pm
Do you guys seriously believe that the competitive advantage to get PRs for Indians are based on how much they earn? Hence dishing out the advise improve your career/salary?

This will inevitably form an elitist group of new citizens, detached from the local Indian population.
Nope not at all. Anecdotal evidence seems to suggest that an under 40 year old with a stable income but not necessarily earth shattering has a good chance when compared with say a director in a bank who takes home 400 to 500k. If that average salary Indian (with a salary of 120 to 150 K) is in a stable marriage with a Singaporean preferably from the favoured race. That is probably a very important criteria.
Was positive when I read this in first glance. But then I found and re-read the criteria "a stable marriage with a Singaporean preferably from the favoured race." So it seems the key is only this criteria and it matters least if the person is Indian or from other country !!!!
Nobody stopping you to get a local gf if you are less than 40 and have a good income.

SingaporeanAtHeart

Post by SingaporeanAtHeart » Tue, 18 May 2021 8:25 pm

FelineDuos wrote:
Sun, 09 May 2021 7:58 pm
Hi,

Last application was 2 yrs ago. Rejected due to I have existing LTVP pass as per ICA rejection letter.

I’m an LTVP holder married to SC who also applied in Sept 2020 under souse sponsorship and is still pending. (Lived in SG for 13 years, married 4)

Mine isn’t expiring, in fact was renewed fo LTVP+ last year Feb. But I’m curious as to how you know they rejected it because you have an existing LTVP? I never heard of that before and was under the impression they never released the reason as to why they reject PR applications.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 18 May 2021 9:07 pm

After reading and rereading FelineDuos post, I think what happened was she applied for PR and LTVP around the same time, therefore, as we've always said, never have more than one residency application visas at the same time as it will throw a spanner into the works. (residency visas = LTVP, PR, PEP, S, EP, WP, DP & Student Visas) Sounds like that was exactly what happened. They needed to withdraw one of the applications. This resulted in ICA bouncing the PR application.
Is this the "exact" text as per ICA rejection letter? Or, does it say due to having an existing LTVP Pass Application?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

RoastBeefBaron

Post by RoastBeefBaron » Tue, 18 May 2021 9:18 pm

Tue, 18 May 2021 9:07 pm
After reading and rereading FelineDuos post, I think what happened was she applied for PR and LTVP around the same time, therefore, as we've always said, never have more than one residency application visas at the same time as it will throw a spanner into the works. (residency visas = LTVP, PR, PEP, S, EP, WP, DP & Student Visas) Sounds like that was exactly what happened. They needed to withdraw one of the applications. This resulted in ICA bouncing the PR application.
Does this apply to people changing jobs (new EP, going on a PEP) whilst the PR application is long pending? I thought that was fairly common.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 19 May 2021 12:18 am

Not real sure why anybody would apply for a PEP if on an EP and had already applied for PR. Doesn't make any sense. But yeah, may well make ICA have a 2nd look. What is fairly common is EP renewal while applications for PR. That's a different issue. After all, getting the PEP only benefits one if granted, by giving you a 36 month visa instead of 24 months. Other than that, it has more cons than pros. It's not like it was originally when it was for 5 years until they realized people were not taking it up for the intended purpose as a stepping stone to PR. However, the PEP is a different kettle of fish, as it is the only pass that doesn't need a sponsor, just a proof of income level. The danger of the PEP is that fact that it cannot be renewed and if one hasn't gotten PR yet, they have to hope they can still qualify for the EP which is steadily being increased to qualify for (and yes, it's considered a new application and as such, even if it's the same employer, the employer has to be considered before it's granted as well as it's an employer sponsored permit. - Many employers are having problems with headcounts and such. This will knock out some applicants even though they may well have been employed on the PEP the whole 3 years.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 19 May 2021 12:36 am

Anyway, it great to see you poking yer head in here again, been a few years. Personally, I think that they are giving out PEPs rather loosely since covid started. Makes sense. I believe the vast majority of applicants for PEPs have been Indians. The government may well be doing this to effect a manpower reduction without having to do anything at all other than reject EP applications (which they can do without explanation). So, in 3 years, they have either gotten PR, or already gone back to EP if lucky because even if they are earning the required amount, the pass is only good for 36 months. If the application for an EP fails they go home. The government didn't realize how much angst the CECA was going to cause, now they are trying to find ways to save their butts before the next GE.

RoastBeefBaron

Post by RoastBeefBaron » Wed, 19 May 2021 9:18 am

Wed, 19 May 2021 12:18 am
Not real sure why anybody would apply for a PEP if on an EP and had already applied for PR. Doesn't make any sense.
One reason would be the job - to which the EP is linked - is coming to an end?
What is fairly common is EP renewal while applications for PR.
Do you think EPs for new roles throw spanners in the works, or are they considered renewals?
Anyway, it great to see you poking yer head in here again, been a few years. 
Thanks. Definitely more of a lurker than a poster.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 19 May 2021 12:42 pm

EPs for new roles within the same company are just renewals, EP for new jobs with different company is a new application. These are what usually throws the spanner. This is why you cannot put in multiple applications for more than one position if an IPA has already been given for one (even though it's not been taken up). The IPA MUST be withdrawn before any other application will be considered. As you know, EP are only good with the sponsoring company. Move to new company, considered new application. The problem is the PEP isn't company sponsored so isn't tied to that company, so if trying to go from PEP to EP will mean new application sponsored by company. If company has been doing dodgy stuff with MOM and was on watch list, they may not be vetted ok for EP but the PEP is of no consequence as it's not company sponsored. Anytime you change jobs with a PR application (or SGC for that matter) you have to notify ICA of the fact. That should tell you something. Depending on the position & employer it could (not necessarily would) impact their decision making processes. Nobody knows for sure exactly what their processes and criteria actually is. We only can see trends and outcomes and make educated guesses. Usually we are pretty close but if you've been lurking you've seen some thing happen that blew our minds. It is what it is.

FelineDuos

Post by FelineDuos » Mon, 07 Jun 2021 11:57 pm

SingaporeanAtHeart wrote:
Tue, 18 May 2021 8:25 pm
FelineDuos wrote:
Hi,

I’m an LTVP holder married to SC who also applied in Sept 2020 under souse sponsorship and is still pending. (Lived in SG for 13 years, married 4)

Mine isn’t expiring, in fact was renewed fo LTVP+ last year Feb. But I’m curious as to how you know they rejected it because you have an existing LTVP? I never heard of that before and was under the impression they never released the reason as to why they reject PR applications.
hi, my rejection letter indicated that i have valid LTVP thus im allowed to stay in SG and work. btw, just to update. i just got my PR approval letter today. it was approved last 3 June. all the best and hope you get yours soon too. you may want to seek help from your MP. my approval letter indicated our MP's appeal letter on my application. you may ask your hubby to write to them.

Nlucy

Post by Nlucy » Tue, 08 Jun 2021 8:10 am

FelineDuos wrote:
Mon, 07 Jun 2021 11:57 pm
SingaporeanAtHeart wrote:
Tue, 18 May 2021 8:25 pm
FelineDuos wrote:
Hi,

hi, my rejection letter indicated that i have valid LTVP thus im allowed to stay in SG and work. btw, just to update. i just got my PR approval letter today. it was approved last 3 June. all the best and hope you get yours soon too. you may want to seek help from your MP. my approval letter indicated our MP's appeal letter on my application. you may ask your hubby to write to them.
Hi, may I ask at which stage you sought help from MP? Did you get a rejection then you sought MP's help? Or while waiting you just got MP letter to enhance the chance? Thanks.

Rocketboy

Post by Rocketboy » Tue, 08 Jun 2021 9:24 am

Not real sure why anybody would apply for a PEP if on an EP and had already applied for PR. Doesn't make any sense.
There are many more colors than black and white you know ;-) and situations could be different. For example - you are on EP and you plan to resign or you know you are getting retrenchment, your notice period is 3 or 4 months, or may be your boss gives you heads up saying its better to plan for new opportunities, at that point in time you already have PR pending, the best choice would be to apply for PEP, you have 3-4 months to wait, and when you are on the market:
1.) new employer doesn't need to use foreign quota.
2.) you can start new job instantly.

This is my situation, and I have converted to PEP, called ICA and they said to just send them new photos of a card and a new Annex form from a new job...

simple_guy
Regular
Regular

Post by simple_guy » Tue, 08 Jun 2021 12:27 pm

@Rocketboy, did you apply for the PEP as soon as you qualified for the same based on salary criteria or you had to wait for sometime. ( I mean we can apply for PEP just after one month of joining a new organization on the eligible salary?)

Rocketboy

Post by Rocketboy » Tue, 08 Jun 2021 1:41 pm

simple_guy wrote:
Tue, 08 Jun 2021 12:27 pm
@Rocketboy, did you apply for the PEP as soon as you qualified for the same based on salary criteria or you had to wait for sometime. ( I mean we can apply for PEP just after one month of joining a new organization on the eligible salary?)
I saw you asked the same question in another post, don remember where exactly, but anyway:
I have qualified for many years but did not bother to change from EP because I tried to get PR instead, only this year I decided to swap EP for PEP.

Just judging from the fact that you need to attach your latest tax statement and 3 pay slips I would say you qualify to apply under local requirements (144k) after having your last tax statement indicate that your annual income is or above 144 in the past year and attach your last 3 pay slips, if you just started work in Singapore and don't have any tax statement you should probably apply as per overseas requirements or wait for a year.