Singapore Expats

PR Approved 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: PR Approved 2021

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 26 Oct 2021 12:47 am

kaygr wrote:
Sun, 10 Oct 2021 1:55 pm
kaygr wrote:
Thu, 05 Aug 2021 4:53 pm
Hi!

Long-time lurker, first-time poster here. I wanted to get your thoughts on my situation. I understand that there are some common patterns around PR approvals but there's no black and white so well aware that I could face rejection.

Dillema: I'm considering a new role which will mean a new EP application in about a month or two. Am I risking rejection on both applications or is it usually just one or the other that might get rejected. Should I pass up on the offer? Its a significantly higher salary and bigger title/responsibility. Would applying for LTVP be a better option over an EP if my PR is rejected?

Profile:
Current status: I'm currently on an EP which is up for renewal in Jan 2022. pending PR application submitted end of May under Spouse scheme

Myself: F, early 30s
Education: BA from a top public uni in US
Work: Marketing Snr Mgr in a large, regional company headquartered in SG
Background: Indian, Malaysian
Length of stay: 4.5 years on EP

Spouse (Sponsor): M, late 30s
Education: Post Grad, Uni in SG
Work: Civil Servant
Background Indian, SC

Married: Nov 2020
PR application: End May 2021
Sharing back data to the thread.

Just got my IPA approval for PR today so about 4.5 months. The submit docs button was gone for a long time before this like 3 weeks at least. So don't stress if you don't get your results soon after that.

Also sharing info on the above situation, recruiter recommended that I have EP renewal to be done before submitting a new EP application. Only because your current employer's HR may receive a notification that you have another EP application in progress when they go in to renew your current one.

On LTVP, it can be risky. Reached out to ICA directly to find out how to go about this. You have to give up your EP, obtain a STVP and then apply for your LTVP.

Hope this helps someone!
Good advice, congrats!

LuerTwain

Post by LuerTwain » Tue, 26 Oct 2021 7:46 pm

Hi guys, was hoping to get your opinion and insight on our current status.
We applied about a week back, so I understand it’s still a long way to go.
Currently, applicant is in Singapore, while sponsor is in Australia studying.
Finishing studies in Dec 2022, and planning to return to Singapore to further career as a doctor.
Applicant spent about 1.5 yrs in Australia together with sponsor.

Applicant Info
Age 28
Nationality: European Female
Education: Bachelor degree
Salary: $2.6k
Pass: LTVP under spouse scheme
Marriage for 7 years
Years in Singapore: ~5 years

Spouse Info
Age 31
Nationality: Singaporean Chinese
Education: Current studying for masters (medicine)
Salary: Nil

Thanks in advance

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Tue, 26 Oct 2021 8:22 pm

LuerTwain wrote:
Tue, 26 Oct 2021 7:46 pm
Hi guys, was hoping to get your opinion and insight on our current status.
We applied about a week back, so I understand it’s still a long way to go.
Currently, applicant is in Singapore, while sponsor is in Australia studying.
Finishing studies in Dec 2022, and planning to return to Singapore to further career as a doctor.
Applicant spent about 1.5 yrs in Australia together with sponsor.

Applicant Info
Age 28
Nationality: European Female
Education: Bachelor degree
Salary: $2.6k
Pass: LTVP under spouse scheme
Marriage for 7 years
Years in Singapore: ~5 years

Spouse Info
Age 31
Nationality: Singaporean Chinese
Education: Current studying for masters (medicine)
Salary: Nil

Thanks in advance
Applied via PTS or family ties scheme?

Either way, racial quota is against you.

If PTS, salary is low. Try to improve salary/get promotion and update ICA.

If family ties scheme aka your Singaporean husband sponsors you, what is working against the application is that he is not drawing any salary at the moment. The sponsor should be working to support both parties…

LuerTwain

Post by LuerTwain » Tue, 26 Oct 2021 8:35 pm

Hi MOCHS,

Thanks so much for the response. We applied via the family ties scheme. Given the lower chance of success with our application. Do you think we will receive a letter of rejection well before 4 months? Just asking so we can probably try a different strategy rather than waiting a year for a letter of rejection.

Thanks again!

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Tue, 26 Oct 2021 9:02 pm

No idea when the rejection letter will come but you should have waited for your husband to return back to SG and start working before applying for PR. It feels like you wasted $100 if the sponsor isn’t working at all at the moment.

But if by some chance that the application is still processing when he returns to SG next year, he should update ICA with letter of employment and the first payslip.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 26 Oct 2021 9:52 pm

LuerTwain wrote:
Tue, 26 Oct 2021 8:35 pm
Hi MOCHS,

Thanks so much for the response. We applied via the family ties scheme. Given the lower chance of success with our application. Do you think we will receive a letter of rejection well before 4 months? Just asking so we can probably try a different strategy rather than waiting a year for a letter of rejection.

Thanks again!
Unless the sponsor is working, the chance is going to be very low. But considering the length of the marriage, you may have a slight chance.

Once the sponsor starts working, a very good chance.

Autumnfloral

Post by Autumnfloral » Thu, 28 Oct 2021 3:45 pm

Hi all,
I have a qn. I applied for PR in April 2021.
Just submit an update for my updated passport to ICA yesterday and the submit documents button disappeared today.

Is that normal?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 28 Oct 2021 5:48 pm

If they don't want any more documents, it is normal. Often a final determination will be made in a couple of weeks or not. It will also be approved or rejected.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 28 Oct 2021 6:11 pm

Autumnfloral wrote:
Thu, 28 Oct 2021 3:45 pm
Hi all,
Just submit an update for my updated passport to ICA yesterday and the submit documents button disappeared today.

Is that normal?
It surely has nothing to do with your updated passport.

mashedpotato900

Post by mashedpotato900 » Fri, 29 Oct 2021 2:50 pm

Autumnfloral wrote:
Thu, 28 Oct 2021 3:45 pm
Hi all,

Is that normal?
Hi, may I ask if your wait was roughly 6-7 months? Would you mind sharing a brief profile of the applicant for reference? Just wondering how long it might take for mine to be approved. Thank you!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 29 Oct 2021 4:46 pm

Did somebody mash your potato? Autumnfloral's wait and profile, regardless of brief or lengthy will have absolutely zero bearing on your wait. You could conceivably wait for 26 months (the longest we've seen on this board and that was in the past couple of weeks) or you could see it in 10 month if you happen to be a young, single, degreed female Chinese girl from Malaysia. How long is a piece of string? That's how long it will take to be approved (or rejected).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

mashedpotato900

Post by mashedpotato900 » Sat, 30 Oct 2021 8:39 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Fri, 29 Oct 2021 4:46 pm
Did somebody mash your potato? Autumnfloral's wait and profile, regardless of brief or lengthy will have absolutely zero bearing on your wait. You could conceivably wait for 26 months (the longest we've seen on this board and that was in the past couple of weeks) or you could see it in 10 month if you happen to be a young, single, degreed female Chinese girl from Malaysia. How long is a piece of string? That's how long it will take to be approved (or rejected).
hmm I would think if the profile is similar then the wait might be similar? Hence the question of asking if he/ she would mind sharing the profile of the applicant. Thanks Autumnfloral!

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Sat, 30 Oct 2021 12:23 pm

mashedpotato900 wrote:
Sat, 30 Oct 2021 8:39 am
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Fri, 29 Oct 2021 4:46 pm
hmm I would think if the profile is similar then the wait might be similar? Hence the question of asking if he/ she would mind sharing the profile of the applicant. Thanks Autumnfloral!
Lol. Why in the world would you think that? You could have completely identical profiles and the waiting time could still be completely different. Literally no correlation at all. Did you read SMS’s post at all?

mashedpotato900

Post by mashedpotato900 » Sat, 30 Oct 2021 12:53 pm

somehow that's the impression I got, otherwise people won't be asking others to share their profile, experience and wait time in this forum? There must be some factors that the government is looking for, so there is a certain connection between profile, chances of getting PRvapproved vs. rejected and wait time for results. Not saying that will be identical, but there is some connection. Anyway, it's fine. Thanks for replying!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 30 Oct 2021 1:42 pm

They continue to do that because they are misguided into thinking that they are smarter than the government here. They are told the same thing all the time. When you find one, just figure that the poster is an idiot and then if you want to do the same thing, those of us who actually now, get a chuckle at the number of future rejections who are applying for PR. Each and every application starts from zero. It's not compared with others either by race, gender, or stupidity. Although, the penchant for this tends to be from a certain country. They have a whole grading system that where one different answer could cause 3 or 4 other answers to change based on the answer given to the first question. Unless you all are literally clones coming off an assembly line, it is the only way you could compare with any inkling of a hope. The only connection is the lack of common sense of those who think that there is a connection.