Singapore Expats

EPASS withdrawal & resubmission

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ireney28

EPASS withdrawal & resubmission

Post by ireney28 » Mon, 01 Mar 2021 4:27 pm

Hello,

So, I've gotten an offer from Company A and EP was approved within 2 weeks. However, a week later I gotten another offer from Company B (which is more relevant to my current jobscope). So, I've contacted Company A and paid the cancellation fee as agreed and they had already withdrawn the EP.

Company B is now telling me that they're having issue with the MOM pass application & had contacted the officer they will require some time to review n process.

Question is, is it because of my EP was previously withdrawn so MOM couldn't process my application? :? :?

(I'm so worried that I might have jeopardised myself :( )

Hopefully can get some insights from here and thank you so much!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: EPASS withdrawal & resubmission

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 01 Mar 2021 4:41 pm

Any pass being issued has to be approved on both the employee AND the employer. For all you know, the new employer MAY have issues themselves with MOM. Not saying they do, but many times the offer somebody employment when they themselves are on a black list of may be over their quota (in the case of S or WP work passes). Or may be on a watchlist for having a preponderance of too many EP holders (not technically subject to quotas) of a certain nationality versus to the exclusion of all other nationalities, etc.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ireney28

Post by ireney28 » Mon, 01 Mar 2021 5:02 pm

Ahhh I see. Thank you so much for your prompt reply.

The Director did mention that they have a few staff that are the same nationality as mine. Hope it will gets resolved soon. 😖

ireney28

Post by ireney28 » Wed, 17 Mar 2021 3:16 pm

Hi, my second round of application has been rejected after a week of submission. (I have yet to know the reason of rejection). But just want to clarify, is the acknowledgment of letter of acceptance of job is crucial to work pass application too?

Just a sudden thought if it might be part of the reason of being rejected. As the HR never gives me any letter of job acceptance to sign.

Thank you so much.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 17 Mar 2021 7:02 pm

They cannot give you a letter of job acceptance until you are approved for a pass. They can but it won't be valid until a pass is granted, so it matters not. You cannot work without approval and work pass from MOM. The employer has to apply for the work pass so obviously they have offered you a job or they wouldn't apply for a pass.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ireney28

Post by ireney28 » Mon, 22 Mar 2021 4:55 pm

Hi, so I have get contacted with the Director where he simply told me that the application is submitted and HR is sorting out with MoM.

Is this sounded a bit weird as the application has been rejected and they didn’t say anything about it or I should remain patience until they let me know
what’s the next move? 😫

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 22 Mar 2021 7:02 pm

Sounds about right. HR would be seeing if there was an error in the initial application and if not, possibly filing an appeal. If they file an appeal, it might take up to 6 weeks to get a response unless they have speeded things up a bit.