Singapore Expats

Employment records getting jumbled up in SPR online application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
XPAT10728

Employment records getting jumbled up in SPR online application

Post by XPAT10728 » Sun, 28 Feb 2021 10:39 am

Hi folks,

Has anyone encountered this issue during online Singapore Permanent Residence application - once you click on the save button, past employment records get jumbled up and will go out of the chronological order in which I had originally keyed. I noticed the same issue with the Past residential address records section as well, but there they haven't mentioned specifically that it needs to be keyed in chron order.
I tried many things:
1) Easy way: searched online forums for a solution. Couldn't find a similar case (I thought it was odd if this is a systemic issue)
2) Checked if the algorithm is sorting the entries based on any particular fields - no such trends were found
3) Changed the order in which I gave the entries - Still it gets mixed up in the same way as before (meaning it was not random mix up - always gets mixed up in the same way; Job 2 in 3rd place, Job 3 in 2nd place for example)
4) Did steps 2 and 3 in different browsers and OS - still gets mixed up in the same way (Job 2 in 3rd place and Job 3 in 2nd place)
I am OK with submitting the application as is (with my employment records not in chron order), but I am concerned that the reviewer of the application might think I am a retard to key in the entries this way and might affect my chances.
Appreciate if you could share any such encounters while filling the SPR application and what have you done to get around it. Or if you think there is anything else that I could try from a technical perspective, please share that as well.
Thanks for your time...

Ash111

Re: Employment records getting jumbled up in SPR online application

Post by Ash111 » Mon, 22 Mar 2021 5:26 pm

Hi, Did you find why this jumble happened? i face this issue, whether can i continue?

XPAT10728

Re: Employment records getting jumbled up in SPR online application

Post by XPAT10728 » Tue, 23 Mar 2021 8:16 am

I did not find the root cause or solution to this problem. However, I found the employment records and addresses got automatically arranged in the chron order after I submitted the form. But, I saw it still persists in the way my educational records are arranged, so the problem is not solved completely.
I had mailed ICA to enquire if this will be an issue during the processing of the application and they said it is OK as long as I have keyed in required information accurately.
Hope this helps...