Singapore Citizenship SC Process Approval Timeline Sharing

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
singaporeflyer

Re: Singapore Citizenship SC Process Approval Timeline Sharing

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 13 Aug 2021 5:19 pm

Resilas wrote:
Fri, 13 Aug 2021 4:02 pm
Thank you, singaporeflyer, for your reply.

Good point about being without citizenship.
I heard from my fellow citizens that the renunciation process can take 1-3 months (depending on luck?). Trying to gather all information I can find so that I can plan accordingly.
I'm almost done with the eJourney, just short of giving 1 online feedback.
Estimate how long you need to renounce and then choose a date which is 3-4 days after that for the oath taking. You still can change this date later provided there are empty appointments. Last time 4 years ago, i remember that the appointments could be changed 2-3 times max. Beyond that you cant do it automatically and have to write in to ICA with a valid reason

Resilas

Re: Singapore Citizenship SC Process Approval Timeline Sharing

Post by Resilas » Wed, 18 Aug 2021 9:12 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 13 Aug 2021 5:19 pm

Estimate how long you need to renounce and then choose a date which is 3-4 days after that for the oath taking. You still can change this date later provided there are empty appointments. Last time 4 years ago, i remember that the appointments could be changed 2-3 times max. Beyond that you cant do it automatically and have to write in to ICA with a valid reason
Thank you for the tips!