Singapore Expats

Disney plus

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Disney plus

Post by abbby » Tue, 23 Feb 2021 4:06 pm

Has anyone subscribed? Not much information ..
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Re: Disney plus

Post by bro75 » Tue, 23 Feb 2021 6:01 pm

I just subscribed to it. What do you want to know?

- It costs almost 12 sgd per month or 120 sgd per year (cheaper to get the annual plan). Acc to friends, it is 12 months free with a new starhub contract (tv or broadband , not sure).
- Comes with 4 users. You can set the user to adult or kid. Kids will have restrictions on what movies / tv shows they can watch. I do not understand yet the threshold of restriction.
- It has starwars, marvell, disney, pixar, natgeo and others

I have not started watching any of its shows yet but my daughter has.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 25 Feb 2021 10:49 am

I just subscribed yesterday. I chose to spring for the 12 month plan, as you save around 15%. The selection is pretty huge, I see quite a few titles that are not even available on Netflix. I think Disney+ would be best for kids- there is a huge number of kids shows and movies, many of which no longer air on tv anymore, and none of which are available on other paid-streaming sites.

midlet2013
Chatter
Chatter

Post by midlet2013 » Tue, 06 Apr 2021 11:04 am

Disney plus is really good. Worth the 10+ dollar value

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 06 Apr 2021 2:04 pm

midlet2013 wrote:
Tue, 06 Apr 2021 11:04 am
Disney plus is really good. Worth the 10+ dollar value
Yes, the price point is a huge plus (pun-intended). Far more value for money than Netflix.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 06 May 2021 3:33 pm

smaug09 wrote:
Wed, 05 May 2021 9:43 pm
yes, it is a good value for money. i am subscribed to it for a like 3 months now. however, if you want good original content, nothing can beat netflix though
Seriously? When you get Disney Plus you instantly gain access to thousands of Disney Originals. Netflix is more of a content distributor than a producer in my opinion.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 16 Jun 2021 4:03 am

rudolf000 wrote:
Tue, 15 Jun 2021 2:34 pm
I myself recently signed up for Disney+. Really cool service. Recommend.
What are you watching?

abbby
Manager
Manager

Post by abbby » Tue, 29 Jun 2021 12:42 pm

noahcentineo wrote:
Tue, 29 Jun 2021 12:37 pm
The kids in my family also love children's shows on Disney. There are a plethora of children's shows and films accessible, many of which are no longer broadcast on television and are not available on other paid streaming services.
Totally agree, it's money well spent. Exclusive Disney streaming movies, Marvel shows/movies, Disney cartoons, Star Movies as well...Although Star movies could have a better selection of movies as some are dated. Other than that, it's a great channel and I hope they do bring in more programs.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 30 Jun 2021 10:56 pm

Exactly, in my mind it’s one of the best value for money services of them all.

abbby
Manager
Manager

Post by abbby » Fri, 02 Jul 2021 6:29 pm

Mandalorian on Disney+ is good!

ProvenPracticalFlexible
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ProvenPracticalFlexible » Tue, 31 Aug 2021 1:36 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 06 May 2021 3:33 pm
smaug09 wrote:
yes, it is a good value for money. i am subscribed to it for a like 3 months now. however, if you want good original content, nothing can beat netflix though
Seriously? When you get Disney Plus you instantly gain access to thousands of Disney Originals. Netflix is more of a content distributor than a producer in my opinion.
I'd say Netflix has much wider options of programs, including non-American production. There's British, French, Spanish, German, Korean, Japanese, Australian, Danish, South-African etc series and movies. More and more are Netflix originals or co-productions too, if that really matters. But you need to search those, otherwise netflix algorithms just recommend similar programs you've watched and what is popular in Singapore.

Disney suits for my kids, for me after watching Mandalorian and there's a few other movies, don't see much interest any more. Superheros is costumes in not my genre. and I've seen Star Wars when I was a kid, re-watching them for nostalgy, sure once in a while with kids, but had those on DVDs anyway.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 31 Aug 2021 10:23 pm

abbby wrote:
Fri, 02 Jul 2021 6:29 pm
Mandalorian on Disney+ is good!
I haven’t watched it, currently on My Name Is Earl (from the early 2000s). Will add it to my list.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 31 Aug 2021 10:25 pm

ProvenPracticalFlexible wrote:
Tue, 31 Aug 2021 1:36 pm
Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 06 May 2021 3:33 pm
smaug09 wrote:
I'd say Netflix has much wider options of programs, including non-American production. There's British, French, Spanish, German, Korean, Japanese, Australian, Danish, South-African etc series and movies. More and more are Netflix originals or co-productions too, if that really matters. But you need to search those, otherwise netflix algorithms just recommend similar programs you've watched and what is popular in Singapore.

Disney suits for my kids, for me after watching Mandalorian and there's a few other movies, don't see much interest any more. Superheros is costumes in not my genre. and I've seen Star Wars when I was a kid, re-watching them for nostalgy, sure once in a while with kids, but had those on DVDs anyway.
True, Netflix has countless original productions, but can’t the same also be said for Disney? Although granted, Disney productions tend to be of the same genre.

SGExpat372

Post by SGExpat372 » Thu, 07 Oct 2021 2:25 pm

Disney plus is great if you're into family movies or cartoons. They've a bunch of originals like:
- Loki
- Winter Soldier
- What If
- The Mandalorian
These are all marvel grade productions for the fans out there. :D If you wanna give it a go, you can join subscription sharing sites like sharepremiumaccounts to check out Disney at lower fees.

abbby
Manager
Manager

Post by abbby » Thu, 07 Oct 2021 5:36 pm

SGExpat372 wrote:
Thu, 07 Oct 2021 2:25 pm
Disney plus is great if you're into family movies or cartoons. They've a bunch of originals like:
- Loki
- Winter Soldier
- What If
- The Mandalorian
These are all marvel grade productions for the fans out there. :D If you wanna give it a go, you can join subscription sharing sites like sharepremiumaccounts to check out Disney at lower fees.
Yes! I can attest to that..these add-ons Ive watched them and they're really good to watch. A great add on to their Marvel/Star Wars movies. And movies like Scarlett witch and Jungle Cruise is coming out soon! Just a short while after the cinema.