Singapore Expats

Disney plus

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Re: Disney plus

Post by Addadude » Thu, 07 Oct 2021 5:52 pm

Abbby, check out Midnight Mass and The Squid Game on Netflix...
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 07 Oct 2021 10:39 pm

Just watch Ep's 1 & 2 of Squid Games before dinner. Might check back in later to see if it actually gets any better. Not impressed thus far.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Sat, 09 Oct 2021 3:26 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Thu, 07 Oct 2021 10:39 pm
Just watch Ep's 1 & 2 of Squid Games before dinner. Might check back in later to see if it actually gets any better. Not impressed thus far.
Check out Ozark, it’s not what you might expect - a bit along the lines of Breaking Bad.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 09 Oct 2021 3:55 pm

Well, after 4 episodes of Squid Games, I'm still not impressed. I've had Ozark on the watch list for literally months but haven't even looked at it. But I have to admit, I've never watched Breaking Bad either.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

malcontent
Manager
Manager

Post by malcontent » Sat, 09 Oct 2021 4:25 pm

Sat, 09 Oct 2021 3:55 pm
Well, after 4 episodes of Squid Games, I'm still not impressed. I've had Ozark on the watch list for literally months but haven't even looked at it. But I have to admit, I've never watched Breaking Bad either.
Well, squirt me with squid ink… what are you waiting for? Breaking Bad was the #1 show ever aired on cable TV.

I was skeptical, but it really does justify the hype. My brother described it best… it’s like a really good book that you can’t put down.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 09 Oct 2021 8:08 pm

I didn't like being compared to the old mix doctor (the old bearded guy) by my son. Thought him & I were dopplegangers. LOL Will give it a 2nd look as well guess.

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Addadude » Mon, 08 Nov 2021 5:34 pm

malcontent wrote:
Sat, 09 Oct 2021 3:26 pm
Thu, 07 Oct 2021 10:39 pm
Check out Ozark, it’s not what you might expect - a bit along the lines of Breaking Bad.
I second Ozark. Midnight Mass is terrific too and with only 8 episodes it doesn't require much stamina.
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

talleychan

Post by talleychan » Thu, 11 Nov 2021 6:01 pm

ProvenPracticalFlexible wrote:
Tue, 31 Aug 2021 1:36 pm
Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 06 May 2021 3:33 pm
smaug09 wrote:
Wed, 05 May 2021 9:43 pm
yes, it is a good value for money. i am subscribed to it for a like 3 months now. however, if you want good original content, nothing can beat netflix though
Seriously? When you get Disney Plus you instantly gain access to thousands of Disney Originals. Netflix is more of a content distributor than a producer in my opinion.
I'd say Netflix has much wider options of programs, including non-American production. There's British, French, Spanish, German, Korean, Japanese, Australian, Danish, South-African etc series and movies. More and more are Netflix originals or co-productions too, if that really matters. But you need to search those, otherwise netflix algorithms just recommend similar programs you've watched and what is popular in Singapore.

Disney suits for my kids, for me after watching Mandalorian and there's a few other movies, don't see much interest any more. Superheros is costumes in not my genre. and I've seen Star Wars when I was a kid, re-watching them for nostalgy, sure once in a while with kids, but had those on DVDs anyway.
Have you seen the Netflix Squid Game movie? I am quite impressed with this movie.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 11 Nov 2021 6:16 pm

Anybody else gotten the notification of the Netflix increase in monthly charges (Sg Accounts). From the old $2.99 to 21.98 on Dec 8.......

malcontent
Manager
Manager

Post by malcontent » Thu, 11 Nov 2021 6:22 pm

We missed that promo price because I was using my brother’s US account, but then he decided to cancel and we did a local sign up, believe it was around $20/mo for 4K x 4 screens.

For some reason I can’t get the local Netflix account to work on my phone.