Singapore Expats Forum

How to tell if he's really interested and sincere

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

total agreement

Postby total agreement » Wed, 23 Mar 2005 5:41 pm

Yes, total agreement with Mr. Grammar. SMS & 'net language' (that's a new one) are simply horrible to read! I don't even use sms language when I am sending sms messages -- that's how much I can't stand it - I suck it up and make the extra effort to type real words. And, you know what? It's not even that hard at all.

moloch71
Regular
Regular

Postby moloch71 » Wed, 23 Mar 2005 5:43 pm

back on topic pls ppl :twisted:

How do you tell when what a man is saying is insincere ?
His lips are moving :P

Honestly, it's all just a guessing game with dating antics.
For all you know, he might just be in it for fun initially, but
becomes far more deeply involved later as things progress.
So signs are totally arbitary anyway even with the one person. :roll:

The best you can do is put yourself out there and hope for the best.
Sure it hurts alot and most times, but one time it wont and it'll all by worth it :)
Moloch horridus - Australian horny devil lizard, exceptional specimens have been found measuring 8 inches.

Postby Guest » Thu, 24 Mar 2005 7:25 am

If a man....or a girl....doesn't send a message for a few days....BELIEVE ME, THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED. FULL STOP. Unless they have had their hands chopped off or as someone else said, are in prison or dead.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:50 am

I concur with 'total agreement' & 'Strong Eagle".

Frankly, I'd never bother to sms anybody I cared about just to say good morning, etc., etc. I would rather call them as I find the sound of their voice much more comforting. Smsing seems very impersonal and with the lag in receiving messages between the two carriers here they might not get the message until several hours later.

"Reach out and touch somebody" means calling the one you love NOT smsing them.

Unfortunately though, my 15 YO son does believe in calling & not smsing, costing me about 50 bucks a month on my landline bill! :lol:

sms

in doubts

Postby in doubts » Mon, 28 Mar 2005 1:19 pm

moloch71 wrote:back on topic pls ppl :twisted:

For all you know, he might just be in it for fun initially, but
becomes far more deeply involved later as things progress.

The best you can do is put yourself out there and hope for the best.
Sure it hurts alot and most times, but one time it wont and it'll all by worth it :)

HI moloch71....
thank you for staying focused and for answering my doubts :lol:
i agree with your points.....things could turns out for the better or worst....
so this is what im doing....i'm gonna give it a try...so i could find out the answer :wink:

so thanks!

love..^in-doubts^

moloch71
Regular
Regular

Postby moloch71 » Mon, 28 Mar 2005 3:39 pm

Oh if you like to listen to my esoteric life philosphies, I'll throw another one of my favorite in then.....

Life is about taking risks, if you are too scared of risks and making mistakes, what are you living ? :wink:

on a slightly more obscure (and probably stolen) ideal:
Don't take life too seriously, you aren't going to make it out alive !

Cheers !
Steven.
Moloch horridus - Australian horny devil lizard, exceptional specimens have been found measuring 8 inches.

true true

Postby true true » Mon, 28 Mar 2005 5:04 pm

I used to frequent this forum quite often until the influx of teenage-sms language posts turned me off.

I dont mind broken English. I just can't stand sms language. It makes reading really hard.

In Doubt, honestly. .He doesnt seem like he's really into you. You seem to serious and have too many 'expectations' about your new found love affair and he's taking it pretty easy. This imbalance is bound to create trouble pretty soon.

It's always nice to have someone who thinks of you as often as you think of them. I am not suggesting he occupy his worktime sms-ing you, but maybe make up for it at the end of the day.

I might be wrong. But hey, if everything fits like a glove you wouldn't be here writing this thread, would you.

Postby Guest » Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:39 pm

oh get off ur high horses and stop acting like u were born ytdy.
And puhless, u're in a board not in a schoolroom.
It's net speak. There is such a thing.
If u go to yahoo or irc chat sites, u'll find it there.
There's even net speak in German, Spanish and French.
Wot do u think, IMHO, LOL or ROFL are?
Gotta check Chinese tho. Think the characters might make net speak difficult.
The only time I ever saw proper english used was in the poetry, political or philosophy chat sites.