Singapore Expats

Anyone else thinking of ordering a Tesla online here? Cheaper than a Camry!

Discuss anything relating to automotive here, from car leasing to buying a vehicle.
Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: Anyone else thinking of ordering a Tesla online here? Cheaper than a Camry!

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 16 Sep 2021 11:19 pm

Myasis Dragon wrote:
Sun, 02 May 2021 9:47 pm
malcontent wrote:
Sun, 02 May 2021 2:00 pm
Yep, I know prices have gone up, we can always look at used vehicles, there is usually no good reason to bear steepest brunt of depreciation.

My brother bought a 5 year old Honda Accord for $9,200 while we were in the US back in June 2019. Great vehicle for the price.
We are in agreement there. We bought an absolutely pristine 2015 Highlander Limited Platinum, very low mileage through Toyota's certified used car program. Cost $30K two years ago. Added a $1700, 12 year, 100,000 mile warranty that covers everything, except for glass. With nav units, power everything, and more gizmos and attachments than you can name (the owner manual is 756 pages, the nav/entertainment unit another 300+ pages), one failure will about cover the cost of the warranty.
That’s one thing I love about the US, cars are so much more affordable, to the point where nearly everyone can afford to own one.

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Re: Anyone else thinking of ordering a Tesla online here? Cheaper than a Camry!

Post by malcontent » Fri, 17 Sep 2021 12:48 am

One of the better websites for searching for used cars is carfax…

https://www.carfax.com/cars-for-sale

My brother found his $9200 Honda Accord on there. I think 5-year old cars are the best value for money in the US. The last car I owned before I left the US was a 5 year old Acura Integra, purchased for $7750 and sold it a year later for $7250 after adding 20k miles to the odometer.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr