Singapore Expats

EP approval pending since 1 month

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
nitsjits26

EP approval pending since 1 month

Post by nitsjits26 » Tue, 16 Feb 2021 5:48 pm

Hello Folks,
I am staying in Singapore from last 5 years and have decided to move to a new company. My EP was applied on 18th Jan 2021 and status is still pending. I am bit anxious as it is taking so long for approval. Before applying the minimum salary for EP eligibility in SAT was 6.5k but when I checked recently it has increased to 7.3k. The offer I have in hand is less than 7.3k. Please advise if anyone had a similar experience and the chances for EP approval.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: EP approval pending since 1 month

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 16 Feb 2021 9:49 pm

Not Good, especially if the employer didn't also tic the "consider S pass if not eligible for EP". Keep your fingers crossed.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

samll

Post by samll » Tue, 16 Feb 2021 11:38 pm

Hello Folks,
I am staying in Singapore from last 5 years and have decided to move to a new company. My EP was applied on 18th Jan 2021 and status is still pending. I am bit anxious as it is taking so long for approval. Before applying the minimum salary for EP eligibility in SAT was 6.5k but when I checked recently it has increased to 7.3k. The offer I have in hand is less than 7.3k. Please advise if anyone had a similar experience and the chances for EP approval.
the chances are close to the worst
you need to start bombarding them with letters asking for your application to be reviewed asap|
but in a polite way of course
hi there

SingaporeEP

Post by SingaporeEP » Wed, 17 Feb 2021 3:53 am

This is surprising, when did EP salary increase to 7.3? Is it even higher than this for financial sector?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 17 Feb 2021 3:50 pm

Not surprising at all, this was mooted mid-2020 that it would be raised the following year (guess what, this is the following year). They also indicated that the numbers were moving targets depending on the industry.

From the MOM:

Salaries for younger or older candidates
Young graduates from good institutions can qualify if they earn at least $4,500.

Older, more experienced candidates need higher salaries to qualify.

From 1 September 2020, the minimum qualifying salary will be raised to $4,500 for new applications. From 1 December 2020, the minimum qualifying salary for EP candidates in the financial services sector will be raised to $5,000 for new applications. The qualifying salaries for older and more experienced candidates in their 40s will be raised correspondingly and will remain around double the minimum qualifying salary for the youngest applicants. The new salary criteria will apply to those renewing their EPs if their passes are expiring from 1 May 2021.

You can find out more about which firms are considered to be part of the Financial Services sector.
https://www.mom.gov.sg/faq/employment-p ... ces-sector
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

SingaporeEP

Post by SingaporeEP » Wed, 17 Feb 2021 5:26 pm

Thanks for sharing the link, like it mentions the minimum salary is being raised to $4500, and $5000 for financial services. Also the requirements goes high with experience. This was already implemented last year for all new applications, only for renewals it to be implemented this year (May 1 2021)

I'm surprised since OP says his EP was applied a month ago and met the criteria then, but doesn't meet it now. So given no revision in requirements in last one month what would have changed?

How did the minimum eligibility move from 6.8 to 7.3K in lasr one month, could it have moved up with OPs age (birthday month?), Because for new EP application for he criteria was last updated in September 2020.

nitsjits26

Post by nitsjits26 » Wed, 17 Feb 2021 11:39 pm

Even I had the same doubt but it is not because of age. I have tried by inputting a dummy age which is lesser than mine but the amount is still the same.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 18 Feb 2021 12:11 am

SingaporeEP wrote:
Wed, 17 Feb 2021 5:26 pm
Thanks for sharing the link, like it mentions the minimum salary is being raised to $4500, and $5000 for financial services. Also the requirements goes high with experience. This was already implemented last year for all new applications, only for renewals it to be implemented this year (May 1 2021)

I'm surprised since OP says his EP was applied a month ago and met the criteria then, but doesn't meet it now. So given no revision in requirements in last one month what would have changed?

How did the minimum eligibility move from 6.8 to 7.3K in lasr one month, could it have moved up with OPs age (birthday month?), Because for new EP application for he criteria was last updated in September 2020.
What SAT computes on the fly is based on the data provided by the candidate. You can't expect SAT to always show the minimum eligibilty criteria salary as the salary needed for a particular job. It may take in additional information supplied by the candidate to come up with a salary estimate of 7.3K. Example : years of experience, education, domain of work, etc?

whitesneakers

Post by whitesneakers » Tue, 23 Feb 2021 1:13 am

nitsjits26 wrote:
Tue, 16 Feb 2021 5:48 pm
Hello Folks,
Approved already?
Stay happy, stay positive. Trust in God's timing. :D

nitsjits26

Post by nitsjits26 » Wed, 24 Feb 2021 12:05 am

Not yet. HR said it is pending with IMDA for approval.

Kumar12345

Post by Kumar12345 » Thu, 11 Mar 2021 1:28 am

Is your EP approved now?

As my ep was applied on 4 February but still the status is showing as pending :(

Any idea whom to connect to expedite the EP approval process?

JK_JK

Post by JK_JK » Thu, 11 Mar 2021 8:41 pm

My EP is applied on 17th Feb 2021and still pending as of 11th March 2021. HR said that there is an audit going on and will take months and all we need to wait for the approval

JK_JK

Post by JK_JK » Thu, 18 Mar 2021 7:01 pm

Kumar12345 wrote:
Thu, 11 Mar 2021 1:28 am
Is your EP approved now?

As my ep was applied on 4 February but still the status is showing as pending :(

Any idea whom to connect to expedite the EP approval process?
Hi Kumar,

Did your EP got approved??

Kumar12345

Post by Kumar12345 » Thu, 18 Mar 2021 7:06 pm

Hi JK,

Not yet, how about you?

JK_JK

Post by JK_JK » Fri, 19 Mar 2021 1:55 am

Kumar12345 wrote:
Thu, 18 Mar 2021 7:06 pm