Singapore Expats

"Proceed to upload documents" button is missing in ICA Website

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
omshastry

Re: "Proceed to upload documents" button is missing in ICA Website

Post by omshastry » Mon, 28 Nov 2022 9:48 am

Just coming back to update that my PR application was rejected.

John1541

Post by John1541 » Mon, 28 Nov 2022 12:47 pm

omshastry wrote:
Mon, 28 Nov 2022 9:48 am
Sorry to hear that man. I knew how hard it is after waiting for 10 months.

Otherside take it as relieve from this anxiety. For me going crazy for this outcome. Its been 18 months pending. I could not able to stop thinking about that.

NYY1
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by NYY1 » Mon, 28 Nov 2022 1:20 pm

omshastry wrote:
Sorry to hear. Seen a couple of your posts and understand the situation.

Ignorant1
Regular
Regular

Post by Ignorant1 » Mon, 28 Nov 2022 1:27 pm

omshastry wrote:
Thank you for sharing

Sorry to hear . Best of luck

UdayKiranVemparala

Post by UdayKiranVemparala » Tue, 29 Nov 2022 5:15 pm

Agmohit wrote:
Sat, 19 Nov 2022 10:54 am
applied in Jan'22, upload button disappeared on 5th Nov. Able to access CPF portal, declare Medi-shield and submit (with ICA reference number)

Is this a positive news?
Did you hear any update from ica :)

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 29 Nov 2022 8:57 pm

omshastry wrote:
Sorry to hear that, do you plan to reapply?

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 29 Nov 2022 9:00 pm

omshastry wrote:
Wed, 23 Nov 2022 5:50 pm
NYY1 wrote:
Wed, 23 Nov 2022 5:23 pm

My guess is that there's no real advantage or disadvantage (on a consistent basis year after year) as to when one applies/application is reviewed.

Again, I don't know for sure but my guess would be it works something like this. Those that check all the boxes are passed through in 6-9 months. Those that have some positives and no major negatives are but into the holding pen and once there is critical mass they then pick among the best of the best (i.e. why we see both approval and rejections after extended periods of time).

Year end quota (sales, etc) works both ways; end of the year you gotta move what you gotta move. Sometimes the best of the worst still looks good when up against a deadline.

Anyways, just conjecture. Good luck!
@NYY1

I'd guess similar. Except that I think they'd accept those who are strong positives, and also reject those who do not check some key boxes, very fast, i.e. 6-9 months, or lesser.

singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 23 Nov 2022 5:31 pm

Not sure how you assumed quotas follow calendar year. It might be quarterly or different quotas too?
Assumed so because when they publish population stats, they always mention calendar year numbers. Could be quarterly/semi-annual too, who knows. But that too would mean the ones getting assessed towards the end of the period may be at a slight disadvantage. Depending on how many of that quota have already been approved. (There could even be an opposite but pretty sure impossible scenario in SG - when such ppl would be at an advantage because officers were too strict to approve in the beginning, leaving a big gap in the quota to be filled at the end)

Not something that you can control or even should try to time anyway.
This is interesting, and it might be intuitive to assume that the quota follows the calendar year, but there really is very little evidence in favor of this idea. Either way, it's definitely true that there are some who are disadvantaged if they apply towards the end of the cycle as the quota fills up. As for when that may be? Who knows?

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 29 Nov 2022 9:01 pm

NYY1 wrote:
omshastry wrote:
Wed, 23 Nov 2022 5:11 pm
If your application gets reviewed so late in the year (like now or in Dec), are you at a disadvantage? Assuming there are ethnic quotas, there's likely a risk not much room maybe left now to approve additional people from those ethnicities? Any views?
My guess is that there's no real advantage or disadvantage (on a consistent basis year after year) as to when one applies/application is reviewed.

Again, I don't know for sure but my guess would be it works something like this. Those that check all the boxes are passed through in 6-9 months. Those that have some positives and no major negatives are but into the holding pen and once there is critical mass they then pick among the best of the best (i.e. why we see both approval and rejections after extended periods of time).

Year end quota (sales, etc) works both ways; end of the year you gotta move what you gotta move. Sometimes the best of the worst still looks good when up against a deadline.

Honestly, I believe the ICA would be forward thinking enough to ensure that none of the quotas are filled too quickly so that they don't risk leaving out truly great applicants. Just my two cents though.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 29 Nov 2022 9:03 pm

truthhurts1 wrote:
Sun, 13 Nov 2022 7:19 am
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mon, 29 Mar 2021 5:58 pm
If I had a dollar for each time.........oh, that's right, I'm already retired. :roll:
Mine has disappeared exactly after 5 months… this is the 4th application in 9 years.
Expecting a rejection.. #-o
What do you think might be the reason for this? Nine years is a pretty long time to be here.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 29 Nov 2022 9:04 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 23 Nov 2022 6:03 pm
omshastry wrote:
Wed, 23 Nov 2022 5:50 pm
NYY1 wrote:

@NYY1

I'd guess similar. Except that I think they'd accept those who are strong positives, and also reject those who do not check some key boxes, very fast, i.e. 6-9 months, or lesser.

singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 23 Nov 2022 5:31 pm

Not sure how you assumed quotas follow calendar year. It might be quarterly or different quotas too?
Assumed so because when they publish population stats, they always mention calendar year numbers. Could be quarterly/semi-annual too, who knows. But that too would mean the ones getting assessed towards the end of the period may be at a slight disadvantage. Depending on how many of that quota have already been approved. (There could even be an opposite but pretty sure impossible scenario in SG - when such ppl would be at an advantage because officers were too strict to approve in the beginning, leaving a big gap in the quota to be filled at the end)

Not something that you can control or even should try to time anyway.
Reporting Annual population statistics, does not mean quota is calendar year basis too. Anyway all I can say is you are analysing too much into things you can't control. Rather you can focus on areas where you could improve in the application.
Sage advice, I think too many applicants get wrapped up in the factors they have no control over. It's natural and understandable, but does no good for anybody.

truthhurts1
Chatter
Chatter

Post by truthhurts1 » Tue, 29 Nov 2022 9:34 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Tue, 29 Nov 2022 9:03 pm
truthhurts1 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mon, 29 Mar 2021 5:58 pm
If I had a dollar for each time.........oh, that's right, I'm already retired. :roll:
Mine has disappeared exactly after 5 months… this is the 4th application in 9 years.
What do you think might be the reason for this? Nine years is a pretty long time to be here.

Hi My result is still not showing it’s still showing pending but I know they prolly Won’t give me ..upload document is off since 13november.

It’s a joke coz I am here 9 years and renewed my EP 4 times till now last time in 2021 ,
I didn’t go to my country for 6 years at all and have a good profile as Director in ACRA for the same company with whom I am working more than 15 years,9 years in singapore !
So I am wondering what’s happening here lol..
Now I am also delusional that this time they might give it to me but there is just 1% chance and even that keeps me going and I won’t give up!

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Tue, 29 Nov 2022 10:40 pm

truthhurts1 wrote:
Tue, 29 Nov 2022 9:34 pm
Lisafuller wrote:
truthhurts1 wrote:

Hi My result is still not showing it’s still showing pending but I know they prolly Won’t give me ..upload document is off since 13november.

It’s a joke coz I am here 9 years and renewed my EP 4 times till now last time in 2021 ,
I didn’t go to my country for 6 years at all and have a good profile as Director in ACRA for the same company with whom I am working more than 15 years,9 years in singapore !
Now I am also delusional that this time they might give it to me but there is just 1% chance and even that keeps me going and I won’t give up!
We'll have to wait for the result. However, to your point about it being a joke, we say this repeatedly here - family and especially family ties is a big deal apparently, so what you said may not necessarily be the best reasons why they should give it to you. I think you know what I mean.

truthhurts1
Chatter
Chatter

Post by truthhurts1 » Tue, 29 Nov 2022 11:16 pm

smoulder wrote:
Tue, 29 Nov 2022 10:40 pm
truthhurts1 wrote:
Tue, 29 Nov 2022 9:34 pm
Lisafuller wrote:

We'll have to wait for the result. However, to your point about it being a joke, we say this repeatedly here - family and especially family ties is a big deal apparently, so what you said may not necessarily be the best reasons why they should give it to you. I think you know what I mean.

Yes so that’s why I said there is just a 1% chance.

Terminator01

Post by Terminator01 » Tue, 29 Nov 2022 11:37 pm

Mine button also disappeared since 2 weeks. Yet showing pending. It’s been 4 plus month now submitted an application. One thing I noticed that they only asked to upload if there is address change after button disappeared, meaning they might decided the outcome already so rest of changes like education, marital status, employment no more required now even if there is change coz they about send the outcome via address mail. Is that understanding true?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 30 Nov 2022 12:19 am

Terminator01 wrote:
Tue, 29 Nov 2022 11:37 pm
Mine button also disappeared since 2 weeks. Yet showing pending. It’s been 4 plus month now submitted an application. One thing I noticed that they only asked to upload if there is address change after button disappeared, meaning they might decided the outcome already so rest of changes like education, marital status, employment no more required now even if there is change coz they about send the outcome via address mail. Is that understanding true?
That's right.