Singapore Expats

"Proceed to upload documents" button is missing in ICA Website

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: "Proceed to upload documents" button is missing in ICA Website

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 14 Apr 2021 10:17 am

thedesiboy wrote:
Wed, 14 Apr 2021 1:01 am
Sure, I've been working in Singapore for 2 years. However, I've also Studied here prior to starting work.
Please dont mistake me. honestly you chances look little low. You may need to work here for another 3 years and apply again.

thedesiboy

Post by thedesiboy » Wed, 14 Apr 2021 10:44 am

Of course, I understand. I just thought of Applying since I believe my case is strong, given factors such as how long I've lived here, attended a local Uni, my age and so on. Hopefully it goes well, I'll keep you all updated :)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 14 Apr 2021 1:39 pm

thedesiboy wrote:
Wed, 14 Apr 2021 10:44 am
Of course, I understand. I just thought of Applying since I believe my case is strong, given factors such as how long I've lived here, attended a local Uni, my age and so on. Hopefully it goes well, I'll keep you all updated :)
Curious. What is your degree and what was your occupation (before the 4 month gap)?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

thedesiboy

Post by thedesiboy » Wed, 14 Apr 2021 3:00 pm

I have an MSc (Management and Finance). Occupation: Business Development.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 14 Apr 2021 4:52 pm

Was your basic degree an Arts or Science degree? This is what they will look at first and to see the match between your education and your occupation. I feel it may well be too soon to apply for PR. Time wise you only have 2 years that count for anything. Time spend in school does not count, only the Sheepskin counts, not the length of time it took to obtain it.

I'm leaning towards singaporeflyer's view, to be honest. I'd say give it at least 2 more years of continuous employment with a single employer.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

thedesiboy

Post by thedesiboy » Wed, 14 Apr 2021 5:19 pm

My Bachelor's was in Business and Finance, so yes it is connected to my Master's as well as work experience. I agree with both of you though, it could be challenging but I guess I'll just have to wait and hope for the Best. Thanks for sharing your views :)

truthhurts1
Chatter
Chatter

Post by truthhurts1 » Fri, 16 Apr 2021 5:05 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Tue, 13 Apr 2021 6:24 pm
Remember folks, when they ask you to upload a document after your application has been in for some time, it is because they need additional information to make a judgement. Often time, if that document is from your home country, or the information contained therein is from your country, they will have to vet that document or the information given. This takes time. However, It may be the only bit of information that they need, so the button is removed. Should they need additional documentation down the road they will send you a request and the button will be reactivated for that purpose. But the appearance or disappearance of the button is indicative of nothing in of itself.
Agree with you.
Mine is still pending even after the “proceed to upload documents” tab is off for around 2 weeks or more today. I am not even checking the status everyday anymore as it don’t make sense.
Thank you.

bytemart

Post by bytemart » Fri, 16 Apr 2021 8:41 pm

You mentioned that it disappeared for you on Friday. If that’s 2nd April, then it’s exactly 2 weeks. Given 2-3 weeks seems to be the timeline, perhaps something in a week or two.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 16 Apr 2021 9:04 pm

bytemart wrote:
Fri, 16 Apr 2021 8:41 pm
:-k ](*,) #-o :roll:

truthhurts1
Chatter
Chatter

Post by truthhurts1 » Sat, 17 Apr 2021 10:40 am

bytemart wrote:
You mentioned that it disappeared for you on Friday. If that’s 2nd April, then it’s exactly 2 weeks. Given 2-3 weeks seems to be the timeline, perhaps something in a week or two.
Yes man But it’s gonna be a rejection 110%.
Was talking to my singaporean friend and he was pretty brutal in telling me how the Indian race is considered the worst at the bottom of the barrel even compared to European or Eurasian. He was a bit saucy but can tell how singaporean people think in general of Indian people, doe it is what it is!
He was telling me that I would never get a PR here and that the government will never give PR to Indian unless they invest or employ 100’s of locals. Truth hurts !

bytemart

Post by bytemart » Sat, 17 Apr 2021 12:18 pm

Long answer takes time.
Short answer = your friend is a bit thick in the head.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 17 Apr 2021 1:11 pm

truthhurts1 wrote:
Sat, 17 Apr 2021 10:40 am
Was talking to my singaporean friend and he was pretty brutal in telling me how the Indian race is considered the worst at the bottom of the barrel even compared to European or Eurasian. He was a bit saucy but can tell how singaporean people think in general of Indian people, doe it is what it is!
He was telling me that I would never get a PR here and that the government will never give PR to Indian unless they invest or employ 100’s of locals. Truth hurts !
The real reason is, and we have said this numerous time over the past 12 months (12 years), not what you are espousing. The reason is that of the approx 30K PR to be given out every year, if you are Indian, that you have approximately 2250 PR slots allocated (slots are allocated by the demographic concentrations already in Singapore and the government is using immigration to sustain the demographic percentages as they are. Indians are 7.5% of the PR/SGC population, Malays 14.5%, Chinese 76.5 percent and the rest by "others" (1.5%). However, the largest actual number of people applying for PR every year are Indians. This multitude of Indians are all competing for the same 2,250 spots. Most of these people have good degrees, incomes between 100~400K/pa and are in high tech or financial industries and all competing for the same small limited number of slots. Those that are married with kids (especially males) are obviously more desirable due to Singapore having the lowest FTR in the world, as they need to have NS men. So, if you are late middle age (e.g., over 40 and single or married but without children you will not be as desirable as someone who does with other things being nearly equal.

The largest number of PR applicants every years are vying for the next to smallest slice of the pie. The Government doesn't really care that the local Indian population aren't more friendly, but the problem is, it's a two way street when Northern Indians refuse to assimilate with the local, predominately Tamil, natives of the soil here who have been here for generations. This shortcoming is not their issue. This is their home. The dislike of Indians comes from the fact that when one gets into positions of power, they only hire other Indians to the detriment of the greater population. That bias is what gets you all in trouble. This came to a head in 2011 and again in 2015 during the GEs.

Doe a little research on the archives here, you will see that there are a number of Indians who have gained PR here on this forum and most are not extremely wealthy or extremely high earners nor are they employers at all, let alone with companies of 100s of local staff. You are competing with your own countrymen. As you have said, which I agree with but with my facts, it is what it is.

truthhurts1
Chatter
Chatter

Post by truthhurts1 » Sat, 17 Apr 2021 6:11 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Sat, 17 Apr 2021 1:11 pm
truthhurts1 wrote:
The real reason is, and we have said this numerous time over the past 12 months (12 years), not what you are espousing. The reason is that of the approx 30K PR to be given out every year, if you are Indian, that you have approximately 2250 PR slots allocated (slots are allocated by the demographic concentrations already in Singapore and the government is using immigration to sustain the demographic percentages as they are. Indians are 7.5% of the PR/SGC population, Malays 14.5%, Chinese 76.5 percent and the rest by "others" (1.5%). However, the largest actual number of people applying for PR every year are Indians. This multitude of Indians are all competing for the same 2,250 spots. Most of these people have good degrees, incomes between 100~400K/pa and are in high tech or financial industries and all competing for the same small limited number of slots. Those that are married with kids (especially males) are obviously more desirable due to Singapore having the lowest FTR in the world, as they need to have NS men. So, if you are late middle age (e.g., over 40 and single or married but without children you will not be as desirable as someone who does with other things being nearly equal.

The largest number of PR applicants every years are vying for the next to smallest slice of the pie. The Government doesn't really care that the local Indian population aren't more friendly, but the problem is, it's a two way street when Northern Indians refuse to assimilate with the local, predominately Tamil, natives of the soil here who have been here for generations. This shortcoming is not their issue. This is their home. The dislike of Indians comes from the fact that when one gets into positions of power, they only hire other Indians to the detriment of the greater population. That bias is what gets you all in trouble. This came to a head in 2011 and again in 2015 during the GEs.

Doe a little research on the archives here, you will see that there are a number of Indians who have gained PR here on this forum and most are not extremely wealthy or extremely high earners nor are they employers at all, let alone with companies of 100s of local staff. You are competing with your own countrymen. As you have said, which I agree with but with my facts, it is what it is.
Hey sms,
I definitely concur that the competition we have is mainly internal within the number of Indian people that apply every year , and they are a lot everywhere LOL.
I just feel that not being in IT ( I am working in Green Energy and Sustainability ) and having a bit higher than average salary compared to someone in the IT sector, and being here for 8-9 years would give me a better chance compared to my compatriots, maybe wishful thinking.
Let’s see if the person who is assessing my application thinks the same.
Thank you again for all your thoughts and your explanation.
I will definitely update you on the outcome :)

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Mon, 19 Apr 2021 10:47 am

truthhurts1 wrote:
bytemart wrote:
Sounds more like your "friend's" own (possibly bigoted) opinion of Indians. It is basically the hard numbers game that SMS was referring to in all likelihood. Then there are the slightly more debatable characteristics that we were discussing on another thread. Integration. Since it is a subjective topic, the government can probably only do so much when it comes to figuring out how well someone has integrated. Interviews won't work because as you know, it's not hard for someone to give doctored answers.

How old are you by the way?

truthhurts1
Chatter
Chatter

Post by truthhurts1 » Mon, 19 Apr 2021 6:43 pm

smoulder wrote:
Mon, 19 Apr 2021 10:47 am
truthhurts1 wrote:
bytemart wrote:
Sounds more like your "friend's" own (possibly bigoted) opinion of Indians. It is basically the hard numbers game that SMS was referring to in all likelihood. Then there are the slightly more debatable characteristics that we were discussing on another thread. Integration. Since it is a subjective topic, the government can probably only do so much when it comes to figuring out how well someone has integrated. Interviews won't work because as you know, it's not hard for someone to give doctored answers.

How old are you by the way?

Hey bro thank you for your inputs.
I am 42 years old.
Just received my Rejection Update today as expected.
I have no plan B at this time so I will try to improve my situation and try again after 2 years, but by that time I will be 44 years. Therefore,I have reached a conclusion that I might never get a PR here. Let’s see.
Thank you very much and please can you advise me what should I do to improve my chances?
I have been her since December 2013 and have been rejected 3 times now.
Take care and god bless.