Singapore Expats

"Proceed to upload documents" button is missing in ICA Website

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
smoulder
Editor
Editor

Re: "Proceed to upload documents" button is missing in ICA Website

Post by smoulder » Mon, 19 Apr 2021 6:56 pm

Unfortunately, from reading through the posts here, the old timers seem to suggest that 40 is the upper limit for most folks to be approved for PR. That looks like a major hindrance to me even if I assume that you do happen to marry your girlfriend (I'm assuming here that she is a PR). So family ties or PTS schemes looks quite hard.

I came to Singapore in March of 2013, I work in IT. Same race and nationality. I'm a year younger. Of course, the ICA has many parameters to look at, but it seems the most obvious difference between you and me is that I "sank roots" by marrying my girlfriend who is now a citizen herself. It's over 5 years now since we tied the knot. My PR was approved 6 months before I turned 40.

Myasis Dragon
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 23

Post by Myasis Dragon » Tue, 20 Apr 2021 12:51 am

I got my PR at age 55. However, I started a company, ran it for 3 years, hired some locals, paid all my taxes, and the whole immigration thing seemed more liberal. I doubt I would be granted PR today under today's regulations.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 20 Apr 2021 9:10 am

Myasis Dragon wrote:
Tue, 20 Apr 2021 12:51 am
I got my PR at age 55. However, I started a company, ran it for 3 years, hired some locals, paid all my taxes, and the whole immigration thing seemed more liberal. I doubt I would be granted PR today under today's regulations.
Age is 1 factor. Ethnicity is another factor for the available quota.

truthhurts1
Chatter
Chatter

Post by truthhurts1 » Tue, 20 Apr 2021 11:03 am

Myasis Dragon wrote:
That’s a great achievement.
I think these factors come in if someone are over 40 as compared to someone who is 28 or 30.
You gave me another idea to improve my profile, i wonder if it helps VisaVis the quota but at least it might improve the chances

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Tue, 20 Apr 2021 11:11 am

truthhurts1 wrote:
Tue, 20 Apr 2021 11:03 am
Myasis Dragon wrote:
I think these factors come in if someone are over 40 as compared to someone who is 28 or 30.
You gave me another idea to improve my profile, i wonder if it helps VisaVis the quota but at least it might improve the chances
There's a reason why I was specific in mentioning that PR under the family ties or PTS schemes would be hard. I'm not aware of the other options, example - investor /business owner etc. Probably something to look into if it's within your means and you really want to chase after a more permanent stay here.

The other thing I could think of is if you really love living in this part of the world, then Malaysia is an option once you can no longer work here. They have a long term visa though I'm not sure the current status post covid. It's not Singapore of course, but it's not the worst place to be in when you have to slow down to a lower gear like around retirement.

truthhurts1
Chatter
Chatter

Post by truthhurts1 » Tue, 20 Apr 2021 11:22 am

smoulder wrote:
Tue, 20 Apr 2021 11:11 am
truthhurts1 wrote:
Tue, 20 Apr 2021 11:03 am
Myasis Dragon wrote:
There's a reason why I was specific in mentioning that PR under the family ties or PTS schemes would be hard. I'm not aware of the other options, example - investor /business owner etc. Probably something to look into if it's within your means and you really want to chase after a more permanent stay here.

The other thing I could think of is if you really love living in this part of the world, then Malaysia is an option once you can no longer work here. They have a long term visa though I'm not sure the current status post covid. It's not Singapore of course, but it's not the worst place to be in when you have to slow down to a lower gear like around retirement.

Yes bro that’s my second option to move to Malaysia if I cannot stay here due to reasons of visa.
Initially I was thinking of buying an apartment here but I heard that I would be able to buy a nice landed property in the same money in Malaysia.
Honestly, I love this country and wanna be here on a long term basis.
Have to explore more options I guess.

SZM78

Post by SZM78 » Tue, 27 Apr 2021 12:49 am

Proceed to upload button shows with my wife ICA login page, but when I check my status through my login it doesn't show in my status.

PR applied under Sponsor scheme

Can anyone counter this before?

LKPHY

Post by LKPHY » Tue, 27 Apr 2021 10:16 am

SZM78 wrote:
Tue, 27 Apr 2021 12:49 am
Proceed to upload button shows with my wife ICA login page, but when I check my status through my login it doesn't show in my status.

PR applied under Sponsor scheme

Can anyone counter this before?
I have encountered previously, my case was my wife 'upload doc option' has disappeared first, after following 2 weeks later only mine 'upload doc option' disappeared and finally got the result after the following 2 weeks.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 27 Apr 2021 3:54 pm

If I happen to fart while trying to open the "upload doc option", will that make my application for PR be approved faster, it is a sign/omen of better things to come, or does is tell me that my application will eventually turn to crap? :roll: :oops!: :shit:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

LKPHY

Post by LKPHY » Tue, 27 Apr 2021 4:32 pm

nothing about approve faster or sign/omen of any things.

giving fact for what have encountered.

am i in the right place?

is this the forum to provide info for people who need?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 27 Apr 2021 10:44 pm

Yep, you are in the right place, but sadly, you don't know how to use the site properly. The search engine is there to help us as we all have jobs in addition to answering questions. A tiny bit of research on your side would save us more time in trying to keep the board clean of clutter. Yes, the forum is to provide info for people who need it. That is why the archives are kept an a good search engine coupled to it as well as an analytical engine that will show recent similar links at the bottom of the page.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

LKPHY

Post by LKPHY » Wed, 28 Apr 2021 10:08 am

Must I need to know how to use the site or is it illegal for such do not know how in here?

Should I get your permission to provide info of my own experiences to others?

Simply providing the fact of what I have experienced for someone who need, period.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 28 Apr 2021 12:54 pm

Well, I reckon if you were intelligent enough to qualify to apply for PR then Citizenship and have a degree, then you should be more than familiar with navigating around the web and forums. But yeah, you can post as you like. Just one more parrot on here expressing the exact same thing others have already said.

LKPHY

Post by LKPHY » Wed, 28 Apr 2021 5:14 pm

I qualify for PR then citizen and have a degrees is nothing to do with all your nonsense. Please don't insult others when respect is mutual.

It just happened that my grandparent wasn't in Singapore where yours was here from China.

You got the right to talk nonsense here and me too, none of your business when this keyboard is mine and this forum is not only yours.

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Wed, 28 Apr 2021 5:30 pm

LKPHY wrote:
Wed, 28 Apr 2021 5:14 pm

It just happened that my grandparent wasn't in Singapore where yours was here from China.

What?