Singapore Expats

"Proceed to upload documents" button is missing in ICA Website

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
abhiees

Re: "Proceed to upload documents" button is missing in ICA Website

Post by abhiees » Tue, 15 Feb 2022 2:16 pm

Hi,
Did anyone receive approval in 2022?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 15 Feb 2022 3:30 pm

abhiees wrote:
Tue, 15 Feb 2022 2:16 pm
Hi,
Did anyone receive approval in 2022?
Will there not be approvals till date?

abhiees

Post by abhiees » Tue, 15 Feb 2022 4:13 pm

Sorry, did not understand that. I was just asking if anyone got their approval/rejection result in the last 2 months. My upload documents button disappeared 1 week back.

Surprisingly I got a call from a local number last week, a person on the other side was asking if I am interested in medical benefits which will be a part of the medical cover of the CPF. I told him CPF is not applicable for me, but he seemed surprised and told me that he has received data from his head office of the newly granted PR's and that he wanted to reach out first and sell the policy. I said I am not a PR yet. He said let's wait a few weeks maybe you get your approval and then we can connect as it's applicable only for PR and Citizens. Post the call I checked the status in the ICA portal. The application was still pending but the "upload button had disappeared"

Has something similar happened with anyone else? or was it just another SCAM or selling technique?

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Tue, 15 Feb 2022 4:42 pm

abhiees wrote:
Tue, 15 Feb 2022 4:13 pm
Sorry, did not understand that. I was just asking if anyone got their approval/rejection result in the last 2 months. My upload documents button disappeared 1 week back.

Surprisingly I got a call from a local number last week, a person on the other side was asking if I am interested in medical benefits which will be a part of the medical cover of the CPF. I told him CPF is not applicable for me, but he seemed surprised and told me that he has received data from his head office of the newly granted PR's and that he wanted to reach out first and sell the policy. I said I am not a PR yet. He said let's wait a few weeks maybe you get your approval and then we can connect as it's applicable only for PR and Citizens. Post the call I checked the status in the ICA portal. The application was still pending but the "upload button had disappeared"

Has something similar happened with anyone else? or was it just another SCAM or selling technique?
LOL interesting tactic

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 15 Feb 2022 4:52 pm

abhiees wrote:

Wait for a couple of weeks. Don't buy any such policy for now.

abhiees

Post by abhiees » Tue, 15 Feb 2022 5:29 pm

smoulder wrote:
Tue, 15 Feb 2022 4:42 pm
abhiees wrote:

LOL interesting tactic
I know right!!! What triggers me is that the call came on the same day when the "upload documents button" disappeared.

abhiees

Post by abhiees » Tue, 15 Feb 2022 5:32 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 15 Feb 2022 4:52 pm
abhiees wrote:

Yup.

It has been a week, how much more time before we get a response. Any recent guidance or experience in 2022. I heard there were some speedy decisions lately, considering the PR population has gone down. One German couple in my condo got approval in 3 months, another Indian ( Sindhi - north Indian) got it in 5 months only after moving to SG in 2020.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 15 Feb 2022 6:16 pm

abhiees wrote:
Tue, 15 Feb 2022 5:32 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
abhiees wrote:

Yup.

It has been a week, how much more time before we get a response. Any recent guidance or experience in 2022. I heard there were some speedy decisions lately, considering the PR population has gone down. One German couple in my condo got approval in 3 months, another Indian ( Sindhi - north Indian) got it in 5 months only after moving to SG in 2020.
No 2 experiences are same. So, please don't compare. What if someone says they got the result in 1 week after the button disappeared? What will you do?

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Tue, 15 Feb 2022 7:47 pm

abhiees wrote:
Tue, 15 Feb 2022 5:29 pm
smoulder wrote:
abhiees wrote:

LOL interesting tactic
I know right!!! What triggers me is that the call came on the same day when the "upload documents button" disappeared.
Pure coincidence. Telemarketers won't have any such info. But you have to give him full marks for creativity and thinking on his feet.

abhiees

Post by abhiees » Tue, 15 Feb 2022 7:55 pm

smoulder wrote:
Tue, 15 Feb 2022 7:47 pm
abhiees wrote:
Tue, 15 Feb 2022 5:29 pm
smoulder wrote:

LOL interesting tactic
Pure coincidence. Telemarketers won't have any such info. But you have to give him full marks for creativity and thinking on his feet.
correct. What amazes me is that he was selling the policy that was not meant for EP's.

abhiees

Post by abhiees » Tue, 15 Feb 2022 7:56 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 15 Feb 2022 6:16 pm
abhiees wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

Yup.

No 2 experiences are same. So, please don't compare. What if someone says they got the result in 1 week after the button disappeared? What will you do?
Nothing. that's why asking for experience that people had.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 15 Feb 2022 10:06 pm

The only valid answer is "how long is a piece of string?"
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

emily.le

Post by emily.le » Wed, 16 Feb 2022 12:35 pm

abhiees wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
abhiees wrote:

Yup.

May I know how long have you applied for PR?

Vinojan88

Post by Vinojan88 » Wed, 16 Feb 2022 12:47 pm

I have applied PR on 21st March 2021
Missing submission button on 26 Jan 2022

Now almost 3weeks completed and still status pending

abhiees

Post by abhiees » Wed, 16 Feb 2022 2:38 pm

emily.le wrote:
Wed, 16 Feb 2022 12:35 pm
abhiees wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

Yup.

May I know how long have you applied for PR?
Applied in Sept 2021, button disappeared 1st week of feb