Singapore Expats

"Proceed to upload documents" button is missing in ICA Website

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: "Proceed to upload documents" button is missing in ICA Website

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 01 Apr 2022 1:20 am

It's likely that your plan b will not turn into a LTVP either. This is the same scenario that happened to my boss (which I just wrote about on another thread on here just recently.

viewtopic.php?p=864516#p864516
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 01 Apr 2022 1:27 am

Haron wrote:
Fri, 01 Apr 2022 1:03 am
My first application was when I was 13. Then two or three more applications directly through ICA portal. Then appeals from MP for the subsequent application.

Now I’m gonna just concentrate on my work. Look for career progression and gain plenty of experience. Gonna just marry here and at least get a LTVP and wait for the right time to apply. I have up applying and just concentrate on my life. I will still update my rejected news soon ahahah. I envy those who got PR here. Tc guys
Ok. Likely be prepared to remain long or fully on ltvp/ep. Highly unlikely they are going to grant PR for son of a SC, even though he is married to a SC. So, kindly be prepared for this.

If they do that, it may set a wrong precedence. So, chance is very close to 0. Sorry

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Fri, 01 Apr 2022 6:35 am

And start having Plan C or D which is moving to another country altogether. Canada or Australian are common.

ind2022

Post by ind2022 » Tue, 07 Jun 2022 9:18 am

Here is my profile
Indian
Age 41
Applied for PR including all Family members ( Wife and children)
IT Industry
Applied in Oct 2021
Family income : 250K
Upload document missing on May 30th.
While Status Pending, I am Able to click on new pr application form and proceed.
There is no message something like: "You already have a PR application" while creating a new pr application.
Can I conclude that mean chances are low ?
Any previous history - got approved even though they were able to create a new pr application.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 07 Jun 2022 9:42 am

ind2022 wrote:
Tue, 07 Jun 2022 9:18 am
Here is my profile
Indian
Age 41
IT Industry
Applied in Oct 2021
While Status Pending, I am Able to click on new pr application form and proceed.
There is no message something like: "You already have a PR application" while creating a new pr application.
Any previous history - got approved even though they were able to create a new pr application.
Wait for a few days to get the correct outcome.

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Tue, 07 Jun 2022 9:52 am

ind2022 wrote:
Tue, 07 Jun 2022 9:18 am
Here is my profile
Indian
Age 41
IT Industry
Applied in Oct 2021
Yes. You can create a new application even if you are a PR. Or even an SC. You can apply for someone else. Of course, anecdotal evidence suggests that most of the cases where you can create a new PR application are when your most recent application was rejected.

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Tue, 07 Jun 2022 11:59 am

Just wait 2 weeks after the button disappears for the proper outcome and don’t try to break/hack the ICA website.

ind2022

Post by ind2022 » Tue, 07 Jun 2022 12:35 pm

Its just basic observation based on options available when we login to portal. I doubt navigating the site based on available options will break the site and considered as hack. Anyway thanks for the reply.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 08 Jun 2022 2:43 am

I love newbies who think they know it all when they don't know shit from shinola We've been watching folks screw themselves up for years. Maybe, if you are unlucky, you could become another statistic. Wouldn't that be fun.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sanmao

Post by sanmao » Thu, 16 Jun 2022 12:38 pm

Based on the anecdotal observations, is it true that earlier the button disappears, more are the chances of the rejection of your application?
Upload documents button disappeared automatically after 4 months in my case. The same happened in my previous application. It seems to me that there is some automatic logic to weed out the applications at 4 months mark.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 16 Jun 2022 1:14 pm

sanmao wrote:
Thu, 16 Jun 2022 12:38 pm
Based on the anecdotal observations, is it true that earlier the button disappears, more are the chances of the rejection of your application?
Upload documents button disappeared automatically after 4 months in my case. The same happened in my previous application. It seems to me that there is some automatic logic to weed out the applications at 4 months mark.

Button disappeared - > Don't need any more documents and decision will be made soon/already made. Does not mean it is approved or rejected.

thedesiboy

Post by thedesiboy » Fri, 01 Jul 2022 2:13 pm

Hi Guys, posting on the same thread to get your inputs. I previously Applied for PR in December 2020 (first application) and got rejected in April 2021, total processing time of 4.5 months. I re-applied in June 2022, slightly over a year after getting rejected. A few changes/updates that I included in my new application:
1. 16% increase in Base salary, reflecting in last 6 payslips which have been attached to my application.
2. Change in Job Title/Role: Promoted to a Manager role, with the same Employer (Employment Period: 2 years 1 month as of today).
3. Employer has indicated my Gross Monthly Salary with Bonus in Annex A. (Previous Annex A only had my base salary and for gross salary, they only indicated my base + allowance. Possibly because I only completed 6 months with the Employer till date of first application). I believe this could make a difference as my current Base + Allowance is about $5,800 but Gross with Bonus is $10,000.
4. I gave a detailed statement in the 'Achievements/Innovations in your Industry' section of the Application. I included information about what I've achieved in my current company and previous one. I did not include a lot of this information in my previous Application. Note: these are my personal achievements in the Company, things I did that helped the business and my team grow in Singapore. I unfortunately don't have any "innovations" that would have a significant impact on Singapore (yet) haha.

In my previous rejection letter, the 3rd point stated that "You may submit an application again if there is a change in your circumstances (from information provided in this application). You can continue to work and reside on a valid work pass". What can I infer from this/is the information provided in my new application considered a reasonable enough change in circumstance? The reason I ask is because I've seen some other members positing on the forum that this point was not included in their letters (only you may continue to work and reside etc was there, not the re-apply part).

What would my chances for an Approval be/Would this Information add value to my new Application?

Apologies for not updating this thread with the outcome of my previous application and contributing. I'll ensure to share information this time, this Forum has really helped me. Thanks!

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 01 Jul 2022 4:19 pm

thedesiboy wrote:
Fri, 01 Jul 2022 2:13 pm
Hi Guys, posting on the same thread to get your inputs. I previously Applied for PR in December 2020 (first application) and got rejected in April 2021, total processing time of 4.5 months. I re-applied in June 2022, slightly over a year after getting rejected. A few changes/updates that I included in my new application:
1. 16% increase in Base salary, reflecting in last 6 payslips which have been attached to my application.
2. Change in Job Title/Role: Promoted to a Manager role, with the same Employer (Employment Period: 2 years 1 month as of today).
3. Employer has indicated my Gross Monthly Salary with Bonus in Annex A. (Previous Annex A only had my base salary and for gross salary, they only indicated my base + allowance. Possibly because I only completed 6 months with the Employer till date of first application). I believe this could make a difference as my current Base + Allowance is about $5,800 but Gross with Bonus is $10,000.
4. I gave a detailed statement in the 'Achievements/Innovations in your Industry' section of the Application. I included information about what I've achieved in my current company and previous one. I did not include a lot of this information in my previous Application. Note: these are my personal achievements in the Company, things I did that helped the business and my team grow in Singapore. I unfortunately don't have any "innovations" that would have a significant impact on Singapore (yet) haha.

In my previous rejection letter, the 3rd point stated that "You may submit an application again if there is a change in your circumstances (from information provided in this application). You can continue to work and reside on a valid work pass". What can I infer from this/is the information provided in my new application considered a reasonable enough change in circumstance? The reason I ask is because I've seen some other members positing on the forum that this point was not included in their letters (only you may continue to work and reside etc was there, not the re-apply part).

What would my chances for an Approval be/Would this Information add value to my new Application?

Apologies for not updating this thread with the outcome of my previous application and contributing. I'll ensure to share information this time, this Forum has really helped me. Thanks!
How long are you in SG? What do you work as?

Gut feel - outcome will be the same

thedesiboy

Post by thedesiboy » Fri, 01 Jul 2022 4:44 pm

2 Years and 1 Month on Current EP. Business Development Manager in a leading IT Company.
1 Year on Student Pass while doing my Post Grad at a Local Uni.
10+ Years on DP while growing up and schooling here.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 01 Jul 2022 5:16 pm

thedesiboy wrote:
Fri, 01 Jul 2022 4:44 pm
2 Years and 1 Month on Current EP. Business Development Manager in a leading IT Company.
1 Year on Student Pass while doing my Post Grad at a Local Uni.
10+ Years on DP while growing up and schooling here.
40% chance. Go ahead and try