Singapore Expats

"Proceed to upload documents" button is missing in ICA Website

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Terminator01

Re: "Proceed to upload documents" button is missing in ICA Website

Post by Terminator01 » Wed, 30 Nov 2022 1:28 am

Yup so the upload button goes missing in all case and it’s standard when they about declare the outcome whether is positive or negative. Now from the trend it shows if button goes missing after 4 months and before 5 or 6 months meaning it’s a confirm negative since no one ever has got the approval before 5 or 6 months. If button goes missing after 6/7 months then it might be positive or negative both cases are possible but if it’s a confirm negative if button goes missing after 4 months and before 5/6 months.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 30 Nov 2022 1:48 am

John1541 wrote:
Mon, 28 Nov 2022 12:47 pm
omshastry wrote:
Mon, 28 Nov 2022 9:48 am
Just coming back to update that my PR application was rejected.
Sorry to hear that man. I knew how hard it is after waiting for 10 months.

Otherside take it as relieve from this anxiety. For me going crazy for this outcome. Its been 18 months pending. I could not able to stop thinking about that.
Yeah, even if it isn't a good outcome, it's still a relief. Sitting around and waiting for an answer can be torture.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 30 Nov 2022 1:50 am

truthhurts1 wrote:
Tue, 29 Nov 2022 9:34 pm
Lisafuller wrote:
Tue, 29 Nov 2022 9:03 pm
truthhurts1 wrote:
Sun, 13 Nov 2022 7:19 am

Mine has disappeared exactly after 5 months… this is the 4th application in 9 years.
Expecting a rejection.. #-o
What do you think might be the reason for this? Nine years is a pretty long time to be here.

Hi My result is still not showing it’s still showing pending but I know they prolly Won’t give me ..upload document is off since 13november.

It’s a joke coz I am here 9 years and renewed my EP 4 times till now last time in 2021 ,
I didn’t go to my country for 6 years at all and have a good profile as Director in ACRA for the same company with whom I am working more than 15 years,9 years in singapore !
So I am wondering what’s happening here lol..
Now I am also delusional that this time they might give it to me but there is just 1% chance and even that keeps me going and I won’t give up!
Good for you, it seems like you're doing everything right, though, you'll never know what exactly the reason might be for previous rejections. Still, this may be your time!

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 30 Nov 2022 1:51 am

smoulder wrote:
Tue, 29 Nov 2022 10:40 pm
truthhurts1 wrote:
Lisafuller wrote:

What do you think might be the reason for this? Nine years is a pretty long time to be here.

Hi My result is still not showing it’s still showing pending but I know they prolly Won’t give me ..upload document is off since 13november.

It’s a joke coz I am here 9 years and renewed my EP 4 times till now last time in 2021 ,
I didn’t go to my country for 6 years at all and have a good profile as Director in ACRA for the same company with whom I am working more than 15 years,9 years in singapore !
Now I am also delusional that this time they might give it to me but there is just 1% chance and even that keeps me going and I won’t give up!
We'll have to wait for the result. However, to your point about it being a joke, we say this repeatedly here - family and especially family ties is a big deal apparently, so what you said may not necessarily be the best reasons why they should give it to you. I think you know what I mean.
Right, though they do grant PR and SC to a number of applicants who don't have any real ties here other than having worked and spent a lot of time here. Just a pity TH1 doesn't seem to be one of them.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 30 Nov 2022 1:52 am

truthhurts1 wrote:
Tue, 29 Nov 2022 11:16 pm
smoulder wrote:
truthhurts1 wrote:

We'll have to wait for the result. However, to your point about it being a joke, we say this repeatedly here - family and especially family ties is a big deal apparently, so what you said may not necessarily be the best reasons why they should give it to you. I think you know what I mean.

Yes so that’s why I said there is just a 1% chance.
May very well be more than that. Still, always good to manage your expectations.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 30 Nov 2022 1:53 am

Terminator01 wrote:
Tue, 29 Nov 2022 11:37 pm
Mine button also disappeared since 2 weeks. Yet showing pending. It’s been 4 plus month now submitted an application. One thing I noticed that they only asked to upload if there is address change after button disappeared, meaning they might decided the outcome already so rest of changes like education, marital status, employment no more required now even if there is change coz they about send the outcome via address mail. Is that understanding true?
Yep, though four months is pretty short, which, based on anecdotal evidence, suggests that it might be a rejection.

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Wed, 30 Nov 2022 6:54 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Wed, 30 Nov 2022 1:51 am
smoulder wrote:
truthhurts1 wrote:

Right, though they do grant PR and SC to a number of applicants who don't have any real ties here other than having worked and spent a lot of time here. Just a pity TH1 doesn't seem to be one of them.
Given how competitive it is, especially among Indians, you really have to stand out from the crowd to get them to take note.

truthhurts1
Chatter
Chatter

Post by truthhurts1 » Wed, 30 Nov 2022 7:45 am

smoulder wrote:
Wed, 30 Nov 2022 6:54 am
Lisafuller wrote:
smoulder wrote:

Given how competitive it is, especially among Indians, you really have to stand out from the crowd to get them to take note.

I will not be surprised that more than 50.000 of us apply for PR every year, anybody has those numbers? Like I saw some profiles who are here for 2-5 years or even the one profile who applied 8 times in 11 years and still didn’t get through..that was absolutely Broootal.
And many of them are here for years and good positions with spouses families etc + Masters and PHD’s and all that.
I am praying that I get chosen out of these but like you said one prolly have to stand out enough from this elite crowd.
Anyway will the numbers be affected with the recent layoffs in IT?
or maybe more indian people scramble to get PR coz of the uncertainty now LMAO

truthhurts1
Chatter
Chatter

Post by truthhurts1 » Wed, 30 Nov 2022 7:54 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Wed, 30 Nov 2022 1:50 am
truthhurts1 wrote:
Lisafuller wrote:

Good for you, it seems like you're doing everything right, though, you'll never know what exactly the reason might be for previous rejections. Still, this may be your time!
Lisafuller yes thank you hope this is really my time… still no result as of now when I checked in the morning, I am checking every few hours, not that the outcome will change doing that haha

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Wed, 30 Nov 2022 9:13 am

truthhurts1 wrote:
Wed, 30 Nov 2022 7:45 am
smoulder wrote:
Lisafuller wrote:

I will not be surprised that more than 50.000 of us apply for PR every year, anybody has those numbers? Like I saw some profiles who are here for 2-5 years or even the one profile who applied 8 times in 11 years and still didn’t get through..that was absolutely Broootal.
And many of them are here for years and good positions with spouses families etc + Masters and PHD’s and all that.
I am praying that I get chosen out of these but like you said one prolly have to stand out enough from this elite crowd.
No one knows the actual numbers except for ICA, I believe. However, one of the senior members here pointed this out over the years - the second smallest bucket of PR slots is for Indians (this is a logical conclusion based on the information that is available), potentially the largest set of applicants is in the Indian community (speculation I guess) and then there's the sheer volume of highly qualified folks. Put it all together and it means that this is probably the most competitive group.

It's hard to say if the layoffs in IT will make much difference - I suspect that many of the layoffs are the "lower rung", more transactional kinds of roles, so the guys with the highest "qualifications" will still be around.

omshastry

Post by omshastry » Wed, 30 Nov 2022 9:26 am

I maybe reading a bit too much between the lines here. But my latest rejection letter didn’t include the sentence about applying again if the circumstances change. Could it mean I should assume I’m never going to get it, and probably am better off not ever applying again!?!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 30 Nov 2022 9:29 am

omshastry wrote:
Wed, 30 Nov 2022 9:26 am
I maybe reading a bit too much between the lines here. But my latest rejection letter didn’t include the sentence about applying again if the circumstances change. Could it mean I should assume I’m never going to get it, and probably am better off not ever applying again!?!
Don't read too much into it. This is a standard letter.

But if I were you, I will also be making Plan B in parallel.

truthhurts1
Chatter
Chatter

Post by truthhurts1 » Wed, 30 Nov 2022 10:23 am

smoulder wrote:
Wed, 30 Nov 2022 9:13 am
truthhurts1 wrote:
smoulder wrote:

No one knows the actual numbers except for ICA, I believe. However, one of the senior members here pointed this out over the years - the second smallest bucket of PR slots is for Indians (this is a logical conclusion based on the information that is available), potentially the largest set of applicants is in the Indian community (speculation I guess) and then there's the sheer volume of highly qualified folks. Put it all together and it means that this is probably the most competitive group.

It's hard to say if the layoffs in IT will make much difference - I suspect that many of the layoffs are the "lower rung", more transactional kinds of roles, so the guys with the highest "qualifications" will still be around.

I did the back door check now and I can’t do the MediShield declaration thing that you can usually do if you have the approval..some people did it on the forum before and they could do it if they were approved
So here it’s goes it’s a rejection again as expected.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 30 Nov 2022 10:42 am

truthhurts1 wrote:
Wed, 30 Nov 2022 10:23 am
smoulder wrote:
truthhurts1 wrote:

I did the back door check now and I can’t do the MediShield declaration thing that you can usually do if you have the approval..some people did it on the forum before and they could do it if they were approved
You are impatient.

truthhurts1
Chatter
Chatter

Post by truthhurts1 » Wed, 30 Nov 2022 2:58 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 30 Nov 2022 10:42 am
truthhurts1 wrote:
Wed, 30 Nov 2022 10:23 am
smoulder wrote:

You are impatient.

Something new I heard today is if your Pending Status shows 4 lines then it’s a good chance for approval else it shows 1 or 2 lines 😂
So many theories till the result is out lol