Singapore Expats

"Proceed to upload documents" button is missing in ICA Website

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
BoringProgrammer

Re: "Proceed to upload documents" button is missing in ICA Website

Post by BoringProgrammer » Sun, 22 Aug 2021 9:19 am

Hi All,

This thread is extremely helpful . I submitted my application on April 12, proceed to upload went missing in the ICA website by August 13 and I got the results by August 22. Unfortunately it was rejected :(

If anyone is curious about my profile,

Nationality : Indian (Negative I know :( ..
Occupation : Research engineer (Robotics) in one of the main public universities in SG
Salary : Average (56K)
Education : MS in Engineering
Length of stay : 3.5 years at time of application

Though my salary was average, I was hoping that due to my achievements/contributions in my area (numerous patents, publications at top journals), I may have a chance.. Unfortunately, it was not :(

As correctly pointed out by a moderator in this thread, race and ethnicity plays a huge part in the application more than anything else and government may have a quota. My friends and colleagues who have similarish profile to mine were approved for PR recently. Unfortunately I don't know what to do and how to improve my profile further.. quite heartbroken :(

I have found jobs offer with good increments (80,000 SGD) in some engineering company. Do you suggest that if I apply again next year with this salary, do I have a chance? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 22 Aug 2021 12:21 pm

BoringProgrammer wrote:
Sun, 22 Aug 2021 9:19 am
Hi All,

This thread is extremely helpful . I submitted my application on April 12, proceed to upload went missing in the ICA website by August 13 and I got the results by August 22. Unfortunately it was rejected :(

Occupation : Research engineer (Robotics) in one of the main public universities in SG

Though my salary was average, I was hoping that due to my achievements/contributions in my area (numerous patents, publications at top journals), I may have a chance.. Unfortunately, it was not :(

As correctly pointed out by a moderator in this thread, race and ethnicity plays a huge part in the application more than anything else and government may have a quota. My friends and colleagues who have similarish profile to mine were approved for PR recently. Unfortunately I don't know what to do and how to improve my profile further.. quite heartbroken :(

I have found jobs offer with good increments (80,000 SGD) in some engineering company. Do you suggest that if I apply again next year with this salary, do I have a chance? Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Salary is on the lower side. Try applying after good salary increase and also longer stay in SG. You can't compare with colleagues or friends in PR as it is not an exact apple to apple comparison. ICA may seen more finer detail between 2 applications that you and me don't see.

BoringProgrammer

Post by BoringProgrammer » Sun, 22 Aug 2021 5:34 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sun, 22 Aug 2021 12:21 pm
BoringProgrammer wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks.
Salary is on the lower side. Try applying after good salary increase and also longer stay in SG. You can't compare with colleagues or friends in PR as it is not an exact apple to apple comparison. ICA may seen more finer detail between 2 applications that you and me don't see.
Okay,Thanks. As you suggested, I'm also presently about to switch jobs (salary 80k). Do you think my application would be competitive if I can apply after 16 months? By then, I would have around 5 years of post-education work experience in Singapore. Or should I wait longer?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 22 Aug 2021 8:34 pm

BoringProgrammer wrote:
Sun, 22 Aug 2021 5:34 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Sun, 22 Aug 2021 12:21 pm
BoringProgrammer wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks.
Okay,Thanks. As you suggested, I'm also presently about to switch jobs (salary 80k). Do you think my application would be competitive if I can apply after 16 months? By then, I would have around 5 years of post-education work experience in Singapore. Or should I wait longer?
5 yrs should ok, but not guaranteed.

Rocketboy

Post by Rocketboy » Mon, 30 Aug 2021 3:54 pm

Just want to share, my application got rejected after 7 months and 1 week. I noticed Proceed button to disappear exactly a week before. This is my 8th or 9th application, I lost count. I am on PEP and will try again in 12 months time or so.

blackbag

Post by blackbag » Thu, 14 Oct 2021 4:45 pm

After reading some Chinese forum posts, here is what the consensus is on "predicting" the outcome of your application. **This is all speculation so please throw in a bucket of salt.**

Once the "Submit Documents" button goes missing, you'll need to check whether you can proceed with the "Apply for Permanent Residence" form or not.

- If it lets you proceed with a new application, sorry your application was probably rejected.
- If it says that "You already have a PR application" or something of this sort, you were most probably approved.

There are quite a lot of forum posts in the Chinese forums affirming this, and I personally found reason to believe them.

And of course, the best indicator is the CPF website. If you can open up the "MediShield Life and CareShield Life Health Declaration for Permanent Resident Applicant" form and can proceed beyond the "Myself" or "Family Member" selection stage, that is a confirmation that you've been approved.

Also, the online approval status vs the letter in your mailbox can be truly out of whack. Either of these can show up first. Hope this helps people trying to summarize the Chinese forums.

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Thu, 14 Oct 2021 9:07 pm

blackbag wrote:
Thu, 14 Oct 2021 4:45 pm
After reading some Chinese forum posts, here is what the consensus is on "predicting" the outcome of your application. **This is all speculation so please throw in a bucket of salt.**

Once the "Submit Documents" button goes missing, you'll need to check whether you can proceed with the "Apply for Permanent Residence" form or not.

- If it lets you proceed with a new application, sorry your application was probably rejected.
- If it says that "You already have a PR application" or something of this sort, you were most probably approved.

There are quite a lot of forum posts in the Chinese forums affirming this, and I personally found reason to believe them.

And of course, the best indicator is the CPF website. If you can open up the "MediShield Life and CareShield Life Health Declaration for Permanent Resident Applicant" form and can proceed beyond the "Myself" or "Family Member" selection stage, that is a confirmation that you've been approved.

Also, the online approval status vs the letter in your mailbox can be truly out of whack. Either of these can show up first. Hope this helps people trying to summarize the Chinese forums.
If you can apply for PR after the button disappears, it could also be because you can now apply for your spouse or children - aka family ties.

The one about CPF and medishield is interesting though.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 15 Oct 2021 10:38 am

blackbag wrote:
Thu, 14 Oct 2021 4:45 pm

Better not to do trial and error testing on Gov websites.

blackbag

Post by blackbag » Fri, 15 Oct 2021 10:42 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 15 Oct 2021 10:38 am
Better not to do trial and error testing on Gov websites.
Agreed. Singapore's Cybersecurity laws are quite vague and better to steer as clear as possible.

Wytm

Post by Wytm » Mon, 25 Oct 2021 12:44 pm

Where do you see the "proceed to upload documents" button?
Is a pc needed?
I usually check the status in the app and only say application is pending. I don't see any buttons there though.

Thanks!

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 25 Oct 2021 12:57 pm

Wytm wrote:
Mon, 25 Oct 2021 12:44 pm
Where do you see the "proceed to upload documents" button?
Is a pc needed?
I usually check the status in the app and only say application is pending. I don't see any buttons there though.

Thanks!
It it better not go guess the outcome based on the button.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 25 Oct 2021 7:05 pm

You will not see an upload button unless THEY notify you requesting specific docs only. If they do, the button will appear. Otherwise, not, as they don't want to be inundated with irrelevant docs that they don't need or want.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sn56210

Post by sn56210 » Mon, 27 Dec 2021 3:48 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mon, 25 Oct 2021 7:05 pm
You will not see an upload button unless THEY notify you requesting specific docs only. If they do, the button will appear. Otherwise, not, as they don't want to be inundated with irrelevant docs that they don't need or want.
Hi, I submitted PR application in July. Didn't login until today to check on the status. Notice there is upload button but have not received any email/letter from ICA to ask me to upload any documents. Just want to clarify if its normal to have the button or is the button only activated for those required to submit additional documents? Can others who have applied pls share your experience? Many thanks.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 27 Dec 2021 4:34 pm

sn56210 wrote:
Mon, 27 Dec 2021 3:48 pm
Hi, I submitted PR application in July. Didn't login until today to check on the status. Notice there is upload button but have not received any email/letter from ICA to ask me to upload any documents. Just want to clarify if its normal to have the button or is the button only activated for those required to submit additional documents? Can others who have applied pls share your experience? Many thanks.
Duplicate post

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 28 Dec 2021 3:19 am

sn56210 wrote:
Mon, 27 Dec 2021 3:48 pm
The button is just there if they want you to submit any additional info in the future. Don’t stress about it, if they want something they’ll let you know.