Singapore Expats

"Proceed to upload documents" button is missing in ICA Website

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Brainlessbraindead

Re: "Proceed to upload documents" button is missing in ICA Website

Post by Brainlessbraindead » Mon, 07 Jun 2021 10:42 pm

Hi all!

My submit button disappeared today! Got me scared for a minute so googled why immediately and that's how I found you. Please wish me luck even though I doubt it will be approved! Will come back to let you guys know my results

Brainlessbraindead

Post by Brainlessbraindead » Thu, 10 Jun 2021 11:35 pm

Hey all!

It's me again. That was quick lol. Anyways, got my letter today. The site says pending but the letter says not successful. Oh well. Good luck to those still waiting!

sndy
Regular
Regular

Post by sndy » Fri, 11 Jun 2021 12:09 am

Brainlessbraindead wrote:
Thu, 10 Jun 2021 11:35 pm
Hey all!

It's me again. That was quick lol. Anyways, got my letter today. The site says pending but the letter says not successful. Oh well. Good luck to those still waiting!
Updated: Sorry to hear that, best of luck with next application.
Last edited by sndy on Tue, 10 Aug 2021 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 11 Jun 2021 1:08 pm

sndy wrote:
Fri, 11 Jun 2021 12:09 am
Brainlessbraindead wrote:
Thu, 10 Jun 2021 11:35 pm
Hey all!

Congrats!!
sndy, facetious or not, that was a pretty shitty response. (congrats for not being successful? - FAIL) :-o
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

time2relax

Post by time2relax » Sat, 07 Aug 2021 9:38 am

Hello All,
My upload docs button disappeared, sailing in same boat & i found this where some of your tried looking what could be the results. Hopefully sooner it will be available, however i'm able to go page where i can apply for it again. Earlier it was saying your application status is pending, plz wait for result. Now it's not the case, wondering if this falls under rejection pool category. Finger crossed 🤞

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 07 Aug 2021 12:39 pm

It only means ONE thing and ONE thing ONLY. They don't need nor want any more documents. However, should they require some in the future the button will reappear. It keeps them from receiving tons of BS documents from applicants, they are overworked already without have to sift thought BS that is neither needed or wanted. The disappearance is absolutely no indication of the chances of success or rejection.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

wandering123

Post by wandering123 » Tue, 10 Aug 2021 11:54 am

My upload documents button has disappeared today morning and I found this post when I was trying to search what could be the meaning. Also, I too can enter the PR application page again now :/ (earlier it was showing you have a pending application). So after seeing some earlier posts thinking if that means probable rejection :/

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Tue, 10 Aug 2021 12:31 pm

wandering123 wrote:
Tue, 10 Aug 2021 11:54 am
My upload documents button has disappeared today morning and I found this post when I was trying to search what could be the meaning. Also, I too can enter the PR application page again now :/ (earlier it was showing you have a pending application). So after seeing some earlier posts thinking if that means probable rejection :/
It can also mean success - as a PR, you can apply for PR for a dependent, aka family ties. So you don't really know until you see the actual status.

time2relax

Post by time2relax » Tue, 10 Aug 2021 11:41 pm

Best of luck @wandering123

wandering123

Post by wandering123 » Wed, 11 Aug 2021 11:00 am

Best of luck to you too @time2relax

noobies

Post by noobies » Mon, 16 Aug 2021 11:48 am

This thread has been amazing! Button went missing a week ago and just received my approval. Seems like that is the common trend. Good luck all!

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Mon, 16 Aug 2021 3:50 pm

noobies wrote:
Mon, 16 Aug 2021 11:48 am
This thread has been amazing! Button went missing a week ago and just received my approval. Seems like that is the common trend. Good luck all!
It's not the trend. Could go either way

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 16 Aug 2021 4:46 pm

smoulder wrote:
Mon, 16 Aug 2021 3:50 pm
noobies wrote:
It's not the trend. Could go either way
Only trend is, they don't need any more documents from the applicant as the application decision is closer to final.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 16 Aug 2021 7:38 pm

Yeah. One way or the other. So you can still get a close answer by flipping a coin. You get basically a 50% chance of it going either direction, considering it actually means squat on whether it's an approval or rejection.

time2relax

Post by time2relax » Wed, 18 Aug 2021 1:45 pm

noobies wrote:
I agree with you @noobies, you are right ...This is a trend for "NOW" ...going through the each post on this forum tells us that right after the submit docs. button disappearance...result will be declared with in 1-3 weeks either positive or not successful & this is the trend seen so far. Although my personal experience is similar to everyone here, I did received my result in 1-2 weeks after button got disappeared.