Singapore Expats

Insurance companies in Singapore

Discuss the different insurance options from car to health insurance.
abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Insurance companies in Singapore

Post by abbby » Mon, 08 Feb 2021 2:06 pm

I realised once you buy the insurance, and the policy is enforced, they can suddenly reduce the benefits/payouts during your enforced period. Feels very short-changed with the recent changes with these insurance companies.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Insurance companies in Singapore

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 08 Feb 2021 4:00 pm

That's what happens when you don't read the prospectus closely when you buy the Insurance Policy. It's is always explained in the policy, but the agent will never dwell on that particular point. Never sign immediately while the agent is there, but read it fully & closely when on your own or if you know somebody else who knows Ins, to have them explain it in detail.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

kim.crest

Re: Insurance companies in Singapore

Post by kim.crest » Wed, 24 Feb 2021 6:12 pm

I am sorry that you had such an experience. I can understand where you come from, and perhaps the agent whom you encountered may not be a very professional one, and may have not informed you adequately. Perhaps, you should consider switching the agents. It'd probably be better for you and maybe you want to consider having someone go through your whole portfolio.