Singapore Expats Forum
 

PR approved for Family but currently Overseas

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
fm29
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 2:51 am

PR approved for Family but currently Overseas

Post by fm29 » Mon, 01 Feb 2021 2:55 pm

Hello All,

Just realized my family PR are now approved. However, we are currently overseas and won't be able to complete the formalities. Our plan is to be back to SG once kids are on school holiday. Probably mid this year.

Questions:
1. What is the IPA validity to complete the formalities?
2. Wondering if the formalities can be done online in current situation?

Thank you.

Feb

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk


robwb
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 10:39 pm

Re: PR approved for Family but currently Overseas

Post by robwb » Thu, 04 Feb 2021 9:29 am

We are in exactly the same situation. We're still trying to figure things out too. Any updates?

1. IPA validity is 1 month. Hoping they will consider extensions given the pandemic.

2. We called the SG embassy in our country and they advised we contact ICA directly through the phone number and email in the IPA letter. The time difference is holding us up.

LitecoinSingapore
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat, 21 Nov 2020 10:40 am

Re: PR approved for Family but currently Overseas

Post by LitecoinSingapore » Fri, 05 Feb 2021 6:15 pm

Did you get an update from ICA? I am on the same boat. The worst part is my entry permit request via my employer are rejected, so I am stuck outside Singapore.

simple_guy
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 6:23 am

Re: PR approved for Family but currently Overseas

Post by simple_guy » Fri, 05 Feb 2021 9:27 pm

Congratus @LitecoinSingapore on your PR approval. When did you get the result? :)

robwb
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 10:39 pm

Re: PR approved for Family but currently Overseas

Post by robwb » Sat, 06 Feb 2021 2:23 am

LitecoinSingapore wrote:
Fri, 05 Feb 2021 6:15 pm
Did you get an update from ICA? I am on the same boat. The worst part is my entry permit request via my employer are rejected, so I am stuck outside Singapore.
No one picked up at the number, we’re waiting on an email response.

LitecoinSingapore
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat, 21 Nov 2020 10:40 am

Re: PR approved for Family but currently Overseas

Post by LitecoinSingapore » Sat, 06 Feb 2021 6:20 pm

robwb wrote:
Sat, 06 Feb 2021 2:23 am
LitecoinSingapore wrote:
Fri, 05 Feb 2021 6:15 pm
Did you get an update from ICA? I am on the same boat. The worst part is my entry permit request via my employer are rejected, so I am stuck outside Singapore.
No one picked up at the number, we’re waiting on an email response.
Keep us posted! Thank you

LitecoinSingapore
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat, 21 Nov 2020 10:40 am

Re: PR approved for Family but currently Overseas

Post by LitecoinSingapore » Sat, 13 Feb 2021 8:57 pm

Any update? I sent multiple emails to ICA NCOV request and ICA PR this week to no avail, prob on queue for Chinese New Year.

A bit worried as I have already lost five days and the IPA is only valid a month. We would still need to do a 2 week quarantine

robwb
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 10:39 pm

Re: PR approved for Family but currently Overseas

Post by robwb » Sun, 14 Feb 2021 2:37 am

We managed to get someone on the phone through a general number on the ICA website. They said our only option is to ask for an extension on our IPA. She said to do so by emailing the address on our IPA letter.

We've been following up on that email to try and get a response. Good luck.

freddykeat
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat, 28 Jul 2018 8:05 pm

Re: PR approved for Family but currently Overseas

Post by freddykeat » Thu, 18 Feb 2021 2:11 pm

Hi Guys,

Anyone got response from ICA? :D :D

FortunateMe
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 2:14 pm

Re: PR approved for Family but currently Overseas

Post by FortunateMe » Fri, 26 Feb 2021 6:59 pm

Hi
Was wondering too if anyone manage to get IPA extension

wanabeagain
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri, 04 Sep 2020 6:47 pm

Re: PR approved for Family but currently Overseas

Post by wanabeagain » Tue, 02 Mar 2021 11:12 pm

Hi i was in the same situation Sep last year. You can get the IPA extended but definitely have to be in SG physically to complete the formalities as there will be biometric and iris scan. Plus you must complete the formalities as a whole family.

Michealt
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon, 28 Dec 2020 11:46 pm

Re: PR approved for Family but currently Overseas

Post by Michealt » Wed, 03 Mar 2021 2:04 pm

wanabeagain wrote:
Tue, 02 Mar 2021 11:12 pm
Hi i was in the same situation Sep last year. You can get the IPA extended but definitely have to be in SG physically to complete the formalities as there will be biometric and iris scan. Plus you must complete the formalities as a whole family.
what do you mean "Plus you must complete the formalities as a whole family." ?
If you apply urself only, you family still need to be there physically?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Director
Director
Posts: 3181
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approved for Family but currently Overseas

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 07 Mar 2021 10:46 pm

Michealt wrote:
Wed, 03 Mar 2021 2:04 pm
wanabeagain wrote:
Tue, 02 Mar 2021 11:12 pm
Hi i was in the same situation Sep last year. You can get the IPA extended but definitely have to be in SG physically to complete the formalities as there will be biometric and iris scan. Plus you must complete the formalities as a whole family.
what do you mean "Plus you must complete the formalities as a whole family." ?
If you apply urself only, you family still need to be there physically?
If in case the approval is for the entire family, all have to be present.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests