Singapore Expats

Entry Approval - EP - Dec/Jan 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
wishsingapore

Entry Approval - EP - Dec/Jan 2021

Post by wishsingapore » Wed, 27 Jan 2021 1:00 am

Hello Folks,

Anyone from outside SG specially India who got EP approved recently and got the entry approval.
Can you please share how long did it take for the entry approval?

MoM website says that the outcome usually comes within a day. How far is that true?

the observer
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Re: Entry Approval - EP - Dec/Jan 2021

Post by the observer » Wed, 27 Jan 2021 8:08 pm

wishsingapore wrote:
Wed, 27 Jan 2021 1:00 am
Hello Folks,

Anyone from outside SG specially India who got EP approved recently and got the entry approval.
Can you please share how long did it take for the entry approval?

MoM website says that the outcome usually comes within a day. How far is that true?
Majority of contributors in this forum are already in Singapore. Not really looking for ways to get in.

The hottest topic however are ways to stay in.

SingaporeEP

Post by SingaporeEP » Thu, 28 Jan 2021 3:28 am

I have read that they do reply within 24 hours, but I hear that chances of approval are slim RN from India, but hopefully things change soon. Do let us know how it goes for you?

JVW1985

Post by JVW1985 » Thu, 28 Jan 2021 10:45 am

SingaporeEP I’m trying to get some info on getting an EP at the moment.
Coming from New Zealand, salary would be minimum of $18k per month in financial services sector

Any thoughts?

nkhant

Post by nkhant » Thu, 28 Jan 2021 2:52 pm

JVW1985 wrote:
Thu, 28 Jan 2021 10:45 am
Coming from New Zealand, salary would be minimum of $18k per month in financial services sector

Any thoughts?
Usually 3 steps:

1) Employer accept your job application

2) Employer proceed with EP application to Ministry of Manpower (MOM)
https://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permi ... yment-pass

3) After Step 2 approval, employer proceed with application for entry to MOM. (new COVID-19 measure)
https://www.mom.gov.sg/covid-19/require ... -singapore

JVW1985

Post by JVW1985 » Thu, 28 Jan 2021 5:26 pm

Appreciate the info.

Are EP hard to come by at the moment? I’m finding it hard to tell if this will be an issue for me

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 28 Jan 2021 5:59 pm

Depends on what you are offering and whether there are sufficient locals to fill the position. Based on your salary I'd say no, shouldn't be a problem.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

coolkidscantdie

Post by coolkidscantdie » Thu, 28 Jan 2021 6:57 pm

Hey guys,

Just want to share my case hoping to have someone helping to reduce my anxiety a bit.

I’m currently working in SG but I’ll be leaving my current job this coming mid-Feb and will be updated to short term visit pass.

My new employer is a big MNG and they have already applied for my new EP since Jan 18 and it’s still pending now.

I’m in marketing with 6 years of experience and salary at 7-8k range. I’ve been working in SG for different companies for the past few years and normally my EPs always got approved within a few days so I’m a bit restless now when it’s been 10 days and still pending, especially when I saw people who still getting approved in 3 days this month. What do you guys think? 😅

nkhant

Post by nkhant » Thu, 28 Jan 2021 7:18 pm

coolkidscantdie wrote:
Thu, 28 Jan 2021 6:57 pm
Hey guys,

Just want to share my case hoping to have someone helping to reduce my anxiety a bit.

I’m currently working in SG but I’ll be leaving my current job this coming mid-Feb and will be updated to short term visit pass.

My new employer is a big MNG and they have already applied for my new EP since Jan 18 and it’s still pending now.

I’m in marketing with 6 years of experience and salary at 7-8k range. I’ve been working in SG for different companies for the past few years and normally my EPs always got approved within a few days so I’m a bit restless now when it’s been 10 days and still pending, especially when I saw people who still getting approved in 3 days this month. What do you guys think? 😅
Not to add to your current anxiety, but to share what I notice in recent change in EP salary scale to at least $4,500. MOM did mention that “older, more experienced candidates need higher salaries.”

I’m having the same anxiety as my EP renewal is coming soon. 😁

coolkidscantdie

Post by coolkidscantdie » Thu, 28 Jan 2021 7:21 pm

nkhant wrote:
Thu, 28 Jan 2021 7:18 pm
coolkidscantdie wrote:
Hey guys,

Not to add to your current anxiety, but to share what I notice in recent change in EP salary scale to at least $4,500. MOM did mention that “older, more experienced candidates need higher salaries.”

I’m having the same anxiety as my EP renewal is coming soon. 😁
OMG that’s not helping 😭 😭 😭 LOL

coolkidscantdie

Post by coolkidscantdie » Tue, 02 Feb 2021 3:44 pm

coolkidscantdie wrote:
Hey guys,

Guys, just want to update that I got my EP approved yesterday, 12 days after the application. So hang in there! 💪🏼

whitesneakers

Post by whitesneakers » Sat, 06 Feb 2021 6:50 pm

coolkidscantdie wrote:
Tue, 02 Feb 2021 3:44 pm
coolkidscantdie wrote:
Hey guys,

Guys, just want to update that I got my EP approved yesterday, 12 days after the application. So hang in there! 💪🏼
Congratulations!! I have a job offer but they can only apply for my spass by April due to quota. My offer salary is 6k, marketing manager but seems only qualify for spass. Im also spass currently in same company for 8.5yrs now. Yours is ep or sp?
Stay happy, stay positive. Trust in God's timing. :D

SingaporeEP

Post by SingaporeEP » Sun, 07 Feb 2021 2:28 am

Hey did you get entry approval yet?

Also I'm wondering , for someone entering on EP IPA, can we start working (remotely) once we enter SG and are undergoing our SHN? since we can't go to MoM office (medical and fingerprint) till end of SHN, so in this case will an online notification letter enable us to start remotelyfor new job?

Do IPA folks vstart working as they enter or wait for bunch of formalities before they can be onboarded on job?

sgpexpat50

Post by sgpexpat50 » Wed, 24 Feb 2021 11:55 pm

JVW1985 wrote:
Thu, 28 Jan 2021 10:45 am

Any thoughts?

After 1yr Apply for PEP

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Thu, 25 Feb 2021 9:52 pm

SingaporeEP wrote:
Sun, 07 Feb 2021 2:28 am
Hey did you get entry approval yet?

Also I'm wondering , for someone entering on EP IPA, can we start working (remotely) once we enter SG and are undergoing our SHN? since we can't go to MoM office (medical and fingerprint) till end of SHN, so in this case will an online notification letter enable us to start remotelyfor new job?

Do IPA folks vstart working as they enter or wait for bunch of formalities before they can be onboarded on job?
Normally (pre covid), you actually report to your new workplace and begin work while in parallel, you would complete the EP registration process. Basically, you have 30 days from landing to get your card.

This is normally how it works. Now with covid, I'm not sure if they've changed anything especially considering that you won't be in SHN and won't be able to complete the standard formalities like going to a clinic and getting your medical test and subsequently to the MOM office.